Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
Do you guys ever find it hard to fall asleep at a semi-reasonable hour because your mind is consumed by anxiety, worry, and stress?

Do you ever lie in bed with awful thoughts racing restlessly through your brain until dawn?

Have you ever tried to keep a normal sleeping schedule, only to revert to your old patterns every time?

It's hard enough dealing with anxiety and depression IRL without having to deal with insomnia and all of its anxieties and miseries as well. Even the very act of trying to fall asleep makes me anxious. I have to wait until I'm nearly comatose and brain-dead from fatigue before my mind relaxes its iron grip on me and I can finally sleep.

Insomnia is such a vicious cycle....I'm so sick of it all. I'm in the middle of resetting my sleep schedule (for the umpteenth time) and I long for the sweet sleep of death. If only I could just lie down, close my eyes, and dream sweet gentle dreams for all eternity.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kain10th, TheSoulless, Sabriel and 4 others
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I have really bad insomnia which I experienced throughout my whole life. I know that anxiety, worry and stress adds to it. On most nights, I wake up in the middle of the night and sometimes I can't even go back to sleep. I take a long time to fall asleep, I'm up until 1am nowadays, sometimes more. I wish I had my sleeping pills. My brain is so messed up.

C

Canet take it anymor

Mar 8, 2020
I also have that bad insomnias when my anxiety comes. Sometimes when i try to fall asleep again i fell like my stomach is being punched. I also wake up several times at night and this happens all the time. It's been a long time since my last good night sleep...

Reactions: Darkhaven
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Some nights Ill lay down and fall asleep straight about this is about 10/1030pm, but by 3am I am awake my mind kicks in and it's hell, I pretty much won't be falling asleep again at this point, sometimes if Im too exhausted I do eventually fall asleep and wake whenever,
Other times I simply can't sleep until around 6am, for those few hours I kinda cat nap, but I am dragged into nightmares, so tend to get my phone to distract me.
I miss the nights of full sleep with no nightmares.

Grendel

Grendel

Jan 13, 2019
I sleep every other day. It's a mixture of anxiety and racing thoughts.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Anyone feel better than usual having not slept the night before? There are definitely moments where I have to remind myself that I didn't sleep and it's why I feel a certain way but any anxiety is usually halved in comparison to what it would normally be.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
my sleeps gone worse since the virus outbreak

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
Moreofthesamepain

Moreofthesamepain

Apr 25, 2020
My entire life. It sucks

• Hugs