• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I want to stop feeling any emotions. I think if I could not feel emotions, especially sorrow or guilt, then I would finally be able to CTB. I tried learning how to meditate to see if I could learn to detach myself from my emotions, but it didn't work. Does anyone know if it's possible to be hypnotized to not feel emotions? If so, where would one find a reputable hypnotist to do it? Would a hypnotherapist be a good option? Obviously, I wouldn't tell them that I want to CTB. But if I told them that I just want to not be able to feel any emotions for a little while, would they be willing to do it?

I live in a big city in the US where some random guy's suicide is hardly going to be notable or newsworthy, so the hypnotist almost certainly wouldn't ever find out I CTB (I only mention this because I wouldn't want them to unnecessarily feel guilty for having had anything to do with it).

So if anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know (either here or in PM if preferred). I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.

Last edited:
I

iloverachel

Elementalist
Mar 7, 2024
I tried hypnotherapy about 4 years ago for like 6-7 sessions, trying to eliminate my anxiety, and treat my agoraphobia as well as negative self-talk. Unfortunately, i didn't make any progress.

But don't let that deter or demotivate you, I have read stories on the internet where it worked. Its worth a try. What doesnt work for me might work for you. Good luck

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm sorry hypnotherapy wasn't helpful for you.

Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you're thinking of attempting anything heavy with hypnosis, it might be wise to talk to Dot first. I don't know her details, but I do know that hypnosis went horribly wrong for her.

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
If you're thinking of attempting anything heavy with hypnosis, it might be wise to talk to Dot first. I don't know her details, but I do know that hypnosis went horribly wrong for her.

Oh damn, really? Did she tell you that? I think I'm currently on Dot's shitlist, so I'm not sure how crazy about talking to me she is right now.

Reactions: rozeske
Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Oh damn, really? Did she tell you that? I think I'm currently on Dot's shitlist, so I'm not sure how crazy about talking to me she is right now.
It says it in her profile. Have a look at that.
Given the topic, I imagine she would be willing to talk to you.

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Yes it is indicated in dot's profile i think as a reason for why she writes in such manner. I don't think she had a good experience with it, you may want to speak to her about this. You may also be cautious about spilling out your intentions on catching the bus while you are "under", I'm not sure if you will be in control of what you say.

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
It says it in her profile. Have a look at that.
Given the topic, I imagine she would be willing to talk to you.
Yes it is indicated in dot's profile i think as a reason for why she writes in such manner. I don't think she had a good experience with it, you may want to speak to her about this.

Oh my god, wow, I had no idea. I hope she is willing to talk to me about it.

You may also be cautious about spilling out your intentions on catching the bus while you are "under", I'm not sure if you will be in control of what you say.

Shit, I hadn't even thought about that. Do you think a hypnotist could make someone say something which they're trying to hide?

Upvote 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Oh my god, wow, I had no idea. I hope she is willing to talk to me about it.
I hope your time out doesn't include this and she inform you about it in detail.

Shit, I hadn't even thought about that. Do you think a hypnotist could make someone say something which they're trying to hide?
My knowledge on it is quite limited but my impression is you might slip up? It's worth looking further into it, especially from someone experienced.

Reactions: Guy_Smiley
Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
"Do you think a hypnotist could make someone say something which they're trying to hide?" Probably not if it's really important to you that you hide it. I read up quite a lot about hypnosis long ago, and my understanding is that it can't make you do something that goes against your strongly held wishes. For example, hypnosis would not be able to persuade me to kill my husband. It can, however persuade you to do many things that you would not otherwise do. You should also note that people vary greatly in their susceptibility to hypnosis. Some people are almost impossible to hypnotise. Others will enter a deep hypnotic state very easily. You don't know which you are, so you don't know how much control you would be giving up.

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
"Do you think a hypnotist could make someone say something which they're trying to hide?" Probably not if it's really important to you that you hide it. I read up quite a lot about hypnosis long ago, and my understanding is that it can't make you do something that goes against your strongly held wishes. For example, hypnosis would not be able to persuade me to kill my husband. It can, however persuade you to do many things that you would not otherwise do. You should also note that people vary greatly in their susceptibility to hypnosis. Some people are almost impossible to hypnotise. Others will enter a deep hypnotic state very easily. You don't know which you are, so you don't know how much control you would be giving up.

Ah okay, that's all very good to know, thank you.

Do you know if there's a way for one to find out how susceptible to hypnosis they are? I mean, obviously a hypnotist could find that out, but if possible, I would like to know before I actually were to go see a hypnotist. I'm worried that I might be very susceptible and thus would give up too much control and divulge too much.

Upvote 0
MyTimeIsUp

MyTimeIsUp

I often wonder if there is an afterlife, do you?
Feb 27, 2024
A hypnotherapist cannot reach me on that level, no matter how hard I tried. Nope. Never worked.

I had a psychotherapist that was also a hypnotherapist, and yeah... she couldn't reach me. We tried many times.

It doesn't work for everyone

I'm of the belief that it's a load of rubbish now, because it didn't work for me. I was very open to it, and it isn't like I didn't try, I persevered.

• Informative
Upvote 0
I

InAgony

Student
Feb 19, 2024
I've tried two hypnotherapists and my brother-in-law has also tried one. Didn't work for either of us, however it does work for some, so if you've not tried it before, might be worth a try. I think it depends on if you're a suggestible person whether it works or not.

Not sure they can eradicate emotions completely though.

• Informative
Upvote 0
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Ah okay, that's all very good to know, thank you.

Do you know if there's a way for one to find out how susceptible to hypnosis they are? I mean, obviously a hypnotist could find that out, but if possible, I would like to know before I actually were to go see a hypnotist. I'm worried that I might be very susceptible and thus would give up too much control and divulge too much.
Get a friend to learn the basics of how to hypnotise someone. (It would take no more than an hour.) Then let your friend try to hypnotise you. If you are very susceptible, it should be obvious.

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
A hypnotherapist cannot reach me on that level, no matter how hard I tried. Nope. Never worked.

I had a psychotherapist that was also a hypnotherapist, and yeah... she couldn't reach me. We tried many times.

It doesn't work for everyone

I'm of the belief that it's a load of rubbish now, because it didn't work for me. I was very open to it, and it isn't like I didn't try, I persevered.
I've tried two hypnotherapists and my brother-in-law has also tried one. Didn't work for either of us, however it does work for some, so if you've not tried it before, might be worth a try. I think it depends on if you're a suggestible person whether it works or not.

Not sure they can eradicate emotions completely though.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I appreciate your input.

Get a friend to learn the basics of how to hypnotise someone. (It would take no more than an hour.) Then let your friend try to hypnotise you. If you are very susceptible, it should be obvious.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that a person can learn the basics of how to hypnotize someone so quickly! I'm sure I could get one of my friends to do me that favor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I want to stop feeling any emotions. I think if I could not feel emotions, especially sorrow or guilt, then I would finally be able to CTB. I tried learning how to meditate to see if I could learn to detach myself from my emotions, but it didn't work. Does anyone know if it's possible to be hypnotized to not feel emotions? If so, where would one find a reputable hypnotist to do it? Would a hypnotherapist be a good option? Obviously, I wouldn't tell them that I want to CTB. But if I told them that I just want to not be able to feel any emotions for a little while, would they be willing to do it?

I live in a big city in the US where some random guy's suicide is hardly going to be notable or newsworthy, so the hypnotist almost certainly wouldn't ever find out I CTB (I only mention this because I wouldn't want them to unnecessarily feel guilty for having had anything to do with it).

So if anyone knows the answers to these questions, please let me know (either here or in PM if preferred). I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.
Ok let me start with a story first so it has context: when I was 17 I went on a holiday (to a Spanish area) and a few of us went to a "comedy event/hypnosis thing". There was probably about 200+ people in the room. What the guy said at the start was to relax and close your eyes. He did quite a lot of talking but the key factor was open your eyes. Out of the 200 - 8 people kept their eyes closed including one person from our group.

They became dogs, acted out the titanic, turned into elephants, thought the hypnosis guy was the devil, thought they were on the moon with sun flowers and at the end of it - he said that every time they took a sip of drink they would look to the closest person and say "did you know I'm gay?" And would have no idea why they said it. That wore off at 2am as he said but it was wild.

It only works on people who have a good imagination AND are easily susceptible to being controlled or giving that control to someone else. It's very very difficult (if not 0.0001%) for logical people or people with autism. Even if you are less logical you need to consciously give your mind to the person who is directing you. A lot of people don't like that so their mind says "no I won't".

Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
It worked temporarily at the time but not enough to make a real difference in life

• Informative
Upvote 0
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Ok let me start with a story first so it has context: when I was 17 I went on a holiday (to a Spanish area) and a few of us went to a "comedy event/hypnosis thing". There was probably about 200+ people in the room. What the guy said at the start was to relax and close your eyes. He did quite a lot of talking but the key factor was open your eyes. Out of the 200 - 8 people kept their eyes closed including one person from our group.

They became dogs, acted out the titanic, turned into elephants, thought the hypnosis guy was the devil, thought they were on the moon with sun flowers and at the end of it - he said that every time they took a sip of drink they would look to the closest person and say "did you know I'm gay?" And would have no idea why they said it. That wore off at 2am as he said but it was wild.

It only works on people who have a good imagination AND are easily susceptible to being controlled or giving that control to someone else. It's very very difficult (if not 0.0001%) for logical people or people with autism. Even if you are less logical you need to consciously give your mind to the person who is directing you. A lot of people don't like that so their mind says "no I won't".
That's not how actual hypnotherapy works. Hypnotherapy involves putting patients a mental state where they relaxed, aware, and are able to better focus and concentrate.

Hypnosis does not make the impossible possible, but can help patients believe and experience what might be possible for them to achieve.

This article does a quick breakdown on stage hypnosis and how it differs from hypnotherapy.

You really shouldn't use stage hypnosis as a representation of the effects of hypnotherapy since they are both working under different conditions and for different intended purposes.

Upvote 0
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
That's not how actual hypnotherapy works. Hypnotherapy involves putting patients a mental state where they relaxed, aware, and are able to better focus and concentrate.

This article does a quick breakdown on stage hypnosis and how it differs from hypnotherapy.

You really shouldn't use stage hypnosis as a representation of the effects of hypnotherapy since they are both working under different conditions and for different intended purposes.
https://www.autismparentingmagazine.com/autism-children-hynotherapy/#:~:text=Seeing%20a%20hypnotherapist%20won't,all%20of%20their%20problems%20overnight.

I had this saved in my autism folder lol. Yes they are different but susceptible and relaxed are nearly bordering one another. I can't be either one at anytime. I can't barely sleep because my brain won't shut off (I pretty much pass out to "sleep" now at night - 5am sometimes).

However that person in my group was not what I would describe a logical thinker (very impulsive, fast life attitude, etc). It's just something I've seen first hand.

It's why therapy is extremely difficult (or doesn't outright work) for people who are autistic.

Upvote 0
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I do hypnotherapy weekly. It's similar to guided meditation in my experience, just relaxing and visualizing something like a daydream. I do not think it would help at all with getting over SI (especially since opening my eyes would probably jolt me out of the hypnotic state), but maybe my experience is different.

Upvote 0
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I do hypnotherapy weekly. It's similar to guided meditation in my experience, just relaxing and visualizing something like a daydream. I do not think it would help at all with getting over SI (especially since opening my eyes would probably jolt me out of the hypnotic state), but maybe my experience is different.
This is what people don't understand. I've had the GP say do Pilates, go to the gym, have a massage, etc.

I explained this to him and he's never ever heard it in his life or by others. I explained to him that when I did golf and had to have massages instead of being relaxed. I could close my eyes but I'd think about muscle fibres, what section they are touching, red blood cells being pushed towards the heart and not away, protein repair, endorphins release, etc. I did the same thing with Pilates (for flexibility on golf). From everyone I've talked to this is extremely rare and I have met or talked to anyone whose brain operates like this. I really hate it. It's why sleeping is so hard as well. This is just my personal take but I think people will autism will have a hard time on relaxing things, therapy, etc.

Upvote 0
Guy_Smiley

Guy_Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024

Wow that's crazy. I've seen videos of stage hypnosis events like what you described but I always just assumed that the audience members who were supposedly hypnotized were just plants acting as is if they were.

I think I have a pretty good imagination and I would definitely be willing to give my mind and control up to someone if they could make me not able to feel emotions. But I'd be worried that if I gave up too much control then I might not be able to stop myself from admitting that I want to CTB.

It doesn't matter to me what kind of hypnosis it is. Any kind of hypnotist who could make me stop feeling emotions (even if just for a while) would be fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Wow that's crazy. I've seen videos of stage hypnosis events like what you described but I always just assumed that the audience members who were supposedly hypnotized were just plants acting as is if they were.

I think I have a pretty good imagination and I would definitely be willing to give my mind and control up to someone if they could make me not able to feel emotions. But I'd be worried that if I gave up too much control then I might not be able to stop myself from admitting that I want to CTB.

It doesn't matter to me what kind of hypnosis it is. Any kind of hypnotist who could make me stop feeling emotions (even if just for a while) would be fine.
He had it on DVD. He watched it once with only 1 other person and wouldn't let anyone else watch it. He was doing some insane stuff and couldn't remember any of it so I'm not surprised.

Stage stuff they can do whatever to a degree. Professional level stuff no idea. Not sure about not feeling emotions for a while - sounds more like distraction or coping - you can do that for free by just interacting with animals, play a video game, eat something you like lol. All this shit is so expensive now anyway. Even the shit therapist I had was ÂŁ70 a session (for 40 minutes). Autism diagnosis ÂŁ3800. All this stuff is clown world levels of pricing. I don't know how much hypnotherapist costs but I'd imagine they aren't cheap and you are going to go to them regularly? Good luck if you aren't rich. World is messed up.

Upvote 0