Scacie

Scacie

She/Her
Feb 24, 2023
Anyone else feel that their body age somehow isnt compatible with the age they want to be? I barely remember my teens and childhood I just want to experience them. I'm 20 but I just feel that I'll be so much happier if I was physically 15 forever.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, ijustwishtodie, ilovemydog and 9 others
wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
i'm scared i'll forever be sixteen cause that's the final age/year of my life where things didn't completely explode on me & i felt i could still be salvaged.

sometimes i also feel nine watching my favourite cartoons and videos online, then it hurts me more to remember i'll never be that hopeful again either.

i'm beyond repair now in every shape and form

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, AdamOndiAhman and 2 others
Horrors Lazuli

Horrors Lazuli

Oct 12, 2019
I'm 28 now but I never grew up, either. The state of my life is the evidence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Archness, AvwJ, davidtorez and 1 other person
Sarros

Sarros

Student
Sep 2, 2021
A bunch of really small things changed about me, some I like, most I don't. But I don't think I'd wish to be younger or go back or anything. Just to die.

• Love
Reactions: davidtorez and Scacie
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Im 36 and never got to grow up never even moved out of my parents house

• Hugs
Reactions: NoPoint2Life, Venessolotic, kunikuzushi and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Me. It's pathetic as all out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oeoe3, kunikuzushi, davidtorez and 1 other person
thealteredmind

thealteredmind

Experienced
Apr 2, 2024
yep I'm 31 but got stuck at... 15. maybe 18.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, kunikuzushi, Aloneandinpain and 2 others
lostmeaning

lostmeaning

May 25, 2023
Opposite for me. Grew up quickly didn't have a choice. Don't relate to other people my age doesn't match my life experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, davidtorez and Scacie
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
Oh yes. I'm 57 but never permanently moved out of my parents' house (except for a year of undergrad in a dorm and two years of grad school in an off-campus apartment). Never married, never had kids, never had a serious romantic relationship. Emotionally, I feel like I'm permanently stuck in my early 20s and look like I am still in my 40s, but I walk like a little old lady.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoPoint2Life, Venessolotic, Archness and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a 30 year old kissless virgin who's never been on a date, still lives with his mom, and is still fixated on many childish media franchises.

Reactions: Venessolotic, kunikuzushi, Aloneandinpain and 3 others
abchia

abchia

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I definitely still feel a lot younger. People have told me that I a act immaturely and I sometimes take it as an insult. The past few years have been foggy and I can barely remember anything

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Archness, sserafim and 1 other person
m1ll1pede

m1ll1pede

Chronic stupidity
Jun 2, 2024
Anyone else feel that their body age somehow isnt compatible with the age they want to be? I barely remember my teens and childhood I just want to experience them. I'm 20 but I just feel that I'll be so much happier if I was physically 15 forever.
I got diagnosed with childhood depression at age nine.. So yes.

rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
Yeah. I still feel 16-20. But it's not cos those years were the last "good" years- I was still really depressed, but that was the /only/ thing that took up my world in a way. Now I have to worry about functioning at work, job hunting once this contract's over, aging parents, actually being an adult..
I still snuggle in bed at night and doomscroll through depressing and triggering content on Tumblr trying to recapture those angsty teenage years because I don't want to face the reality that there's so much more i need to worry about other than wanting to die now.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and sserafim
A

Aloneandinpain

Experienced
Dec 25, 2023
I think many "real" adults are still quite childlike very deep down. However, If you do have a relationship, marriage, career etc it gives a lot more confidence and definitely changes snd matures people, usually for the better,.

I will definitely still be a teenager for as long as I remain a virgin, even though I'm in my 40s now.

I have seen some people regress back into a slightly more immature state after their partner left, but ultimately they still had lots of memories and experiences so they're still far more mature than I will ever be.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life and Archness
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Actually, I think I've grown up too much, and have had my eyes opened wide to the point now where I have nothing but pessimism, disdain, and contempt for this shit-ass world. This world will NEVER change for the better. Never.

• Yay!
Reactions: Archness
NoHalfMeasures

NoHalfMeasures

You either run from things, or you face them
Aug 20, 2024
In my 20s and I feel this. In many ways, I've "grown up", but I often feel like a child in other ways. The most difficult for me is socializing and making meaningful connections. I still feel very immature in that regard, like I'm still learning how to make friendships.
But that the biggest thing I can think of since I'm not sure my other reasons count as "not growing up". I would say my other things are just childlike, which isn't bad but I think it's relevant. Examples:
I'm scared of the dark, collect plushies, I like rather childish foods.
Part of me wants to experience childhood again and I sometimes have dreams of being a kid again, carefree with no worries.

cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
Trauma can often keep us repressed in age, mentally. I had a lot of trauma in my early childhood and adolescence and even though I am 23, I still feel like I am 14.

Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Yea, Autism, constant initialization, not pushing myself to grow, lacking many experiences normal adults have at this stage, & being depressed & not caring / having disinterest in everything, are all contributing factors.

Ever since... God, elementary even, it felt like every day & every year was just repeating with just superficial changes overtime. Since graduating, everything kinda got frozen, and my life has reached a new level of stagnation.

Just like back then, I can find myself just kicking back and taking in everything how it is. The main difference is my intellect and some improved capability, and being an adult.

I just.... Already entered the prologue of life. I'm just transferring to a different loop on the tracks, and that's that. It's already done, and in the end there was no where for me to go or grow, there doesn't even seem to be a proper place for me in this world. Even with a few of these "Adult Years" under my belt, I don't feel that different, I still really have a child's lifestyle except as a NEET adult.

I'm probably never gonna have sex even.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
I

ilovemydog

Dec 15, 2021
I think we're perpetually stuck in the age we had our first trauma, if that makes sense

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I'm 19 and I feel like I'm 15. The thing about me though is that I don't want to grow up. I had a shitty childhood but I'll take my childhood back to avoid having to deal with adulthood. I don't want to be forced to deal with responsibilities and work. It's absolutely unfair that I have to and just goes to show that life isn't meant for me. I don't understand how society are incapable of understanding this. There are psychologists out there being confused as to why neets are neets and I think that the answer is obvious, the answer being that a life full of wage slavery is no life at all. I envy kids so much as they don't have to deal with many responsibilities and hardships. Kids are more free compared to adults but of course, at the end of the day, nobody who is alive is completely free

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've always been pretty immature I think. Especially I think in how others perceive me. For a few reasons I guess- shyness, an embarassing lack of confidence. I dress for comfort, not like any stereotyped girly girl or woman plus, I have a childish sense of wonder but- I like that about myself.

In any case though, adulthood just doesn't appeal. I think a lot of it is pretence anyway- people pretending to be more successful, richer, happier, more popular than they really are. I think a lot of people are scared children pretending to have a grip on things. At least we're honest about it!

But in terms of age, I never really identified or even went through what I would call typical teenage years. In some ways, I'm probably mentally even younger than that in some respects.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life and Venessolotic