Ai-chan

Ai-chan

I deserve nothing but the worst
Oct 16, 2022
I know that trying to organize one would be near impossible, since there are the legal ramifications and the logistics and yada yada yada, but I just think it would be nice to go to a private island with like minded people that also want to do the deed, enjoy the last day on said island, and then finally off yourself with the company of others that are going with you. I know it's unrealistic if not straight up impossible, but it would be nice if it could happen

• Love
Reactions: exhaustedperfection, jaxxon_sunn, Homo erectus and 12 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
We need a Nembutal party

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: numbda, Pentobarbital_Plz, makethepainstop and 4 others
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I'm pretty sure I would end up similarly than the protagonist in that instance, not really killing myself, as I have been doing with this forum in particular, using it more to cope with variable results. But it would be an interesting experience.

I find that anime to be on par with many literary works I've enjoyed, it really captures how it is to be a socially anxious, stranded from society young male. The situations the author conjures imply that he either has been through them in real life or that he had a piercing sense of realism when he wrote it. Sadly I can never fully engross myself with the mangas, so it's anime or nothing for me usually.

We need the guys that used profile pics from Welcome to the NHK to show up again, IMO. I might do the deed myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, damnatio memoriae, Hikikomori1 and 3 others
P

Poisonblood

Mar 26, 2021
Wish I live in Japan. There are programs there where they help hikikomori NEETs get slowly used to interacting with others. Japan may be a workaholic country, but it's still better than many countries in the world. My country for example is a turd world shithole compared to Japan. Poverty; corruption; crime; people have no respect for Nature, they throw garbage everywhere even when the garbage container is in front of them; religious insanity and hypocrisy, promote pro-life and anti-abortion nonsense to people with 12 kids who can't even clothe and feed themselves; extremely judgemental, irrational, abusive behavior towards people with mental health problem; national pastime is gossiping and talking shit behind other people's back, they have no concept of "mind your own business" and respecting the privacy of others... and the list goes on.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Ai-chan and Disappointered
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
I wish I was Japanese and living in Japan. I feel like it's just better over there. They're better. The only problem is that since the end of the second world war they have been occupied by western forces that have poisoned their popular culture and consequently damaged generations of new Japanese people. That's probably why they report not being very happy on surveys. But they are still better than pretty much any other country. They can be dedicated to their company and be perfectionists but I also heard that they are not necessarily workaholics. They often stay after hours in their offices because they don't want to look like they're not trying hard enough but they don't keep working as everything is well enough organized that there is rarely anything more to do once the eight hour work day is over. They have a strong sense of group belonging and a worldview that is enviable. I wonder if suicide is easier for most Japanese suicidals.

Reactions: Homo erectus, Hikikomori1 and Poisonblood
niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
oh man, I'd love to be there
Just hanging with people

Reactions: damnatio memoriae and Ai-chan
P

Poisonblood

Mar 26, 2021
I wish I was Japanese and living in Japan. I feel like it's just better over there. They're better. The only problem is that since the end of the second world war they have been occupied by western forces that have poisoned their popular culture and consequently damaged generations of new Japanese people. That's probably why they report not being very happy on surveys. But they are still better than pretty much any other country. They can be dedicated to their company and be perfectionists but I also heard that they are not necessarily workaholics. They often stay after hours in their offices because they don't want to look like they're not trying hard enough but they don't keep working as everything is well enough organized that there is rarely anything more to do once the eight hour work day is over. They have a strong sense of group belonging and a worldview that is enviable. I wonder if suicide is easier for most Japanese suicidals.
It's true. Japan really have become a vassal of the United States. The same with South Korea and Germany. And what you say about the decline of Japanese culture is also true. I'm not Japanese but it makes me sad. I have a soft spot for Japan. If I was in Japan I'd go camping by myself in Aokigahara Forest. Not to CTB but just enjoy Nature, peace and quiet.

Reactions: Disappointered
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
It is a real thing it is called Internet suicide pacts or ネット心中 netto shinjū, in Japanese.

ネット心中 netto shinjū, was a common way for people in Japan to commit suicide back in the early days of the internet before the social media era.

Many of the pro-suicide chatrooms and bulletin boards that used to exist on the Japanese internet during that era are now long gone and were shutdown by the Japanese police.

It is not that common anymore due to police crackdown over the last decade.

However there are still many English articles from the 2000s that still exist online talking about it.

This one is from 2003.

I wish I was Japanese and living in Japan

No you don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Japan has a relatively isolated population in the world. Despite all the problems, they probably have a government that is close to of the people, by the people and for the people. The birth rate is low, but not near the lowest in the region. Suicide rate is also not too bad, despite suicide being not so much a taboo in Japan as in other cultures. NEET seems to be more tolerated in Japan than in other workaholic cultures. They probably know their sweet spot in balancing tradition (peity, honor, family, etc.) and modernity (work).

Reactions: Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Japan has a relatively isolated population in the world. Despite all the problems, they probably have a government that is close to of the people, by the people and for the people. The birth rate is low, but not near the lowest in the region. Suicide rate is also not too bad, despite suicide being not so much a taboo in Japan as in other cultures. NEET seems to be more tolerated in Japan than in other workaholic cultures. They probably know their sweet spot in balancing tradition (peity, honor, family, etc.) and modernity (work).

Hikikomori/NEET behavior is only tolerated because of Japanese style parenting.

In most situations the mother stays at home and looks after the child while the father is out at work and never gets to see his family.

Also in Japan it is culturally more acceptable to withdraw than to act out.

Most Japanese normies see hikikomori/NEET people as lazy when that is not the case as the vast majority of hikikomori have mental health issues.

Reactions: Homo erectus
serah

serah

Student
May 6, 2020
I know that trying to organize one would be near impossible, since there are the legal ramifications and the logistics and yada yada yada, but I just think it would be nice to go to a private island with like minded people that also want to do the deed, enjoy the last day on said island, and then finally off yourself with the company of others that are going with you. I know it's unrealistic if not straight up impossible, but it would be nice if it could happen
everyone with a nhk profile replying to this so i feel obligated haha. i think if theres people genuinely interested in it it could be possible. ive always found the idea of a suicide pact interesting and something i'd like to be a part of, but again the legality issues make it difficult to even attempt to plan something like this. it would certainly not be something planned in a forum like this but perhaps in a different place with PGP encrypted messages and the whole deal.

Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, jaxxon_sunn and Hikikomori1
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Hikikomori/NEET behavior is only tolerated because of Japanese style parenting.

In most situations the mother stays at home and looks after the child while the father is out at work and never gets to see his family.

Also in Japan it is culturally more acceptable to withdraw than to act out.

Most Japanese normies see hikikomori/NEET people as lazy when that is not the case as the vast majority of hikikomori have mental health issues.

I'll watch the video later. It's a bit long.

There is a tendency in the modern world (New World Order if you will) to eliminate family and other cultural traditions, making everyone the same in a globalized world. I can see family has a valuable role to play in keeping people (NEETs) alive in a meaningful way (because they are part of the family). I think other less traditional societies would be more inclined to create bullshit jobs (and bullshit vocational training) to solve similar NEET issues.

Reactions: Hikikomori1
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
ive always found the idea of a suicide pact interesting and something i'd like to be a part of, but again the legality issues make it difficult to even attempt to plan something like this. it would certainly not be something planned in a forum like this but perhaps in a different place with PGP encrypted messages and the whole deal.

Maybe on Tor.

Reactions: serah