issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
For those who don't know the difference, clinical death is when your heart stops, biological death is when your cells begin dying which is usually around 7 minutes after. I've been reading people's experiences and only about 20% appear to have one of those so called near death experiences. the rest seem to describe nothingness or a peaceful warm darkness. Anyone else have a weird obsession with these? they're weirdly comforting.

Reactions: charlottewilts, Brick In The Wall and Broken Chimera
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
There was a time I would religiously watch those. I got interested because I wanted to know what happened to people when they left here. I've seen people try to explain them away as the brain releasing DMT while it's dying. I couldn't buy that after hearing about sde's (Shared death experiences). If it's an hallucination then how does the revived person know the other person died? But anyway, you're not the only one.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I still read about NDEs and OBEs all the time. The thing is though, no one has fully died and came back to talk about it. Brain activity continues for a while after "death". Once the brain fully ceases activity you're not coming back.

Chimera mentions shared death experiences. There's Folie á Deux which could potentially account for this. But it's still my personal belief that there is something greater then this life.

Reactions: Broken Chimera
Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
Untitled

"The findings of this study suggest that memories of NDEs are more similar to memories of real events than to memories of imagined events, and in fact are more vivid and detailed that are memories of other real events from the same time period. [...]"

Many people get comfort from NDE stories. Personally though, I think they are absolutely terrifying..

Reactions: Broken Chimera
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
There was a time I would religiously watch those. I got interested because I wanted to know what happened to people when they left here. I've seen people try to explain them away as the brain releasing DMT while it's dying. I couldn't buy that after hearing about sde's (Shared death experiences). If it's an hallucination then how does the revived person know the other person died? But anyway, you're not the only one.
I'm not saying it is DMT, but it wouldn't surprise me if DMT could do that, it's very powerful. I have heard stories of people communicating with dead ancestors on DMT for example, if 2 people are having a near death or actually dying together it wouldn't surprise me if they are both in some DMT induced hyperspace together. I think it does much more than just act locally in the brain.

Polka

Polka

Student
Oct 6, 2019
@issyishere

You might find the experiences that nurses and surgeons have about this topic very interesting. From patients on the operating table to
those in their death bed and what can happen in the days leading up to death. Lots of it on youtube.