V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I often get looks of pity when conversing with people in public.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OpticAlta, CarefulWithThatAxe, my heart hurts and 5 others
OreoWellington

OreoWellington

Ready To Die
Sep 28, 2019
Yeah..... I even cry and break down in public and even in the middle of my work shifts. I can't even fake this shit. Cannot even PRETEND to be happy. People stop and approach me asking if I'm okay and in the middle of my tears, I say yes and am blatantly lying to their faces of course.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: thepolarbear, Woodnote, DepressedAngel and 2 others
Flume

Flume

Villain
Oct 28, 2019
If your pain is impossible to hide then other people will pick it up even if you don't want them to. I'm not saying that's what you have, but I can tell you that I've had this issue for way to long and it fucknig sucks.

Reactions: DepressedAngel, Final Escape and V0latile
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
Yeah..... I even cry and break down in public and even in the middle of my work shifts. I can't even fake this shit. Cannot even PRETEND to be happy. People stop and approach me asking if I'm okay and in the middle of my tears, I say yes and am blatantly lying to their faces of course.
I never break down, but I've felt close. How are other people able to hide their pain so well?

Reactions: OreoWellington and Final Escape
Reaper44

Reaper44

Jul 20, 2019
I don't know why but everyone always thinks I'm happy, even when I'm constantly talking about death and I tell them I'm sad. It's not like I'm trying to hide the way I feel, at least not on purpose. I guess it just happens.

• Wow
Reactions: Final Escape and OreoWellington
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
I don't know why but everyone always thinks I'm happy, even when I'm constantly talking about death and I tell them I'm sad. It's not like I'm trying to hide the way I feel, at least not on purpose. I guess it just happens.
I'm blunt about everything and still people laugh like I'm telling dark jokes!

Reactions: Final Escape, Null84 and Manja
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
yes, and people treat me with contempt for it. sorry i can't keep up the façade to make you feel more comfortable!

• Hugs
Reactions: thepolarbear, Worthless_nobody, Final Escape and 2 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yep I have either resting sad face or resting bitch face... constantly told to smile more.

• Love
Reactions: Manja, charlottewilts and Final Escape
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I often look anxious and lost. There was a time where a man came up to me and asked, "Are you okay?"
And I was just like... That bad, huh?

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington and charlottewilts
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I've had resting sad/anxious face ever since I was a child. Funnily, when I'm exhausted or ill people are always telling me I look better than usual 8]

C

Cupcake

Student
Apr 8, 2018
I've had resting sad/anxious face ever since I was a child. Funnily, when I'm exhausted or ill people are always telling me I look better than usual 8]
Yeah, I guess I do. When I was a pre-teen and into my teen years, my mom was constantly telling me to smile more and to hold my chin up higher. I have a habit of walking around with my chin down, although I don't do it because I'm sad necessarily. I do it because I'm
I often get looks of pity when conversing with people in public.
Yeah, I guess I do. When I lived with my mom when I was a child, about pre-teen and into my teen years, my mom was constantly telling me to smile more and harping me to "Chin up!" I have a habit of walking with my chin down, but I don't do it because I'm sad necessarily, I do it because I'm mostly blind and I have to look down a lot to make sure I'm not about to fall down a flight of stairs or walk off a sidewalk. Now that I don't live with her, I don't know if I look sad still. My friends don't say that I do, but maybe they don't want to hurt my feelings. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really did look sad or if it was just another thing my mom found in me to criticize. Anyway, thanks for this thread, it is an interesting one.

Yeah, I guess I do. When I was a pre-teen and into my teen years, my mom was constantly telling me to smile more and to hold my chin up higher. I have a habit of walking around with my chin down, although I don't do it because I'm sad necessarily. I do it because I'm

Yeah, I guess I do. When I lived with my mom when I was a child, about pre-teen and into my teen years, my mom was constantly telling me to smile more and harping me to "Chin up!" I have a habit of walking with my chin down, but I don't do it because I'm sad necessarily, I do it because I'm mostly blind and I have to look down a lot to make sure I'm not about to fall down a flight of stairs or walk off a sidewalk. Now that I don't live with her, I don't know if I look sad still. My friends don't say that I do, but maybe they don't want to hurt my feelings. Sometimes I wonder if I ever really did look sad or if it was just another thing my mom found in me to criticize. Anyway, thanks for this thread, it is an interesting one.
Sorry to post again, but I just thought of something. One time, about five years ago, my great-grandmother sent me a bunch of pictures of the family. Many of them had me included in them, from my very young years into my teens. Why she thought she needed to send a blind person pictures of the family is beyond me, but whatever. Anyway, when my partner looked at the pictures out of curiosity, he said to me "You look horribly sad in all of the pictures." I wasn't surprised, as my childhood sucked, but I couldn't believe that I didn't look happy in ANY of them. No one says I look sad now, though, so I must be doing something right, lol! Because in reality, I'm sad a good part of the time, I just maybe hide it better. Thanks again for the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I used to have those look back in middle school and teachers would tell me I look so sad don't you have any friends but then I decided to fake it a bit cause it got so annoying and now faking it makes me stressed

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yes. Lately I've been having strangers walk past me and then double back out of concern to make sure I'm ok. From the comments, I guess I just look so sad now. I used to be able to hide it really well, but it doesn't look like I can do that anymore.

Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
Almost all the time my "smile" is a fake mask. Im smiling outside, but inside im saddest shit around. My problems are hard to swallow, im naive and i offer my heart to anyone I FEEL is eligible for it. That's why i'm used and abused trash, that's how i feel like every fucking day. Its exhausting, it's terrible but i can manage. I need to. I'm this "funny guy" type for many. So my answer is NO, i'm not looking terribly sad all the time. But its FAKE, I've had achieved perfection with this skill, and only few knows what is really going on. They mostly don't give a fuck anyway.

Reactions: Manja
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
As the saying goes 'everyone's wearing a mask'

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
I guess I don't notice it because it's my normal state of being and has been for quite a while now. But every time I go to the doctor he criticizes the way I sit in the chair, the way I hold my body, the way I clasp my hands together, etc.
He's always trying to urge me to sit up straight and not slump over in my chair and barking at me that I should smile.
Well, I sit the way I do because I'm tired and my arms and my legs and my entire body is heavy. In fact, a lot of the times he's lucky I'm even able to sit up at all. As for clasping my hands together, I usually am doing that because it's freezing in his office. I'm usually hunching inwards trying to make myself warmer because it's so cold in there.

I get other people too who constantly complain that I don't talk, but when I do talk nobody listens to me anyway, so what the hell is the point?!

Reactions: V0latile
my heart hurts

my heart hurts

Things could be worse, I guess.
May 29, 2019
Oh my gosh yes
I try to change my look, but all I can muster is this weird blank stare. It's better than the sad look, I guess.

TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I wish I always looked just sad, instead I constantly look like I'm about to cry lol.