• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

secondaryinfertiliy

May 1, 2024
In my life, I have had a lot of bad things happen and a lot of disappointments and derailments in my life, I'm not going to really bother going into them because that's just a pity party for me.

But i have endured everything, compromised and persevered and made reasonable decisions and kept chugging along because my one last dream was motherhood, specifically to have a daughter. Again, there is a long explanation for this involving an ancestral connection to Mitochondrial Eve and feeling a duty to maintain this unbroken chain, but this is a ctb forum, not a science-as-spirituality forum hehe

But I am now 38 and I am facing secondary infertility. We have been trying 2 years, I have gone through 3 rounds of IVF, had multiple miscarriages (all daughters), and spent tens of thousands of dollars so our savings are almost completely depleted. There is no explanation for our infertility, so it's just a mystery why I keep losing these babies.

But I'm falling into despair. If I don't have my daughter, I have failed my mother and my mother's mother and every woman who has come before me. And I have lived my life by the book, making the right choices every step of the way, I married a good boy (even though I am queer, I focused on men because I thought that would be more convenient for making babies), I got degrees in reasonable, profitable fields, I chose a boring steady job, got a boring steady husband, never partied or did drugs, never did anything that could compromise my ability to be a mother one day. I even humored and respected my husband when he wanted to delay a second child because he wanted to make sure that we were perfectly financially able to have the kid... Even though I felt my clock ticking, and now, I'm unable to have that child that I have needed so badly.

On paper, my life sounds fine, I have a house, I have a spouse, I have a job that pays well and I do have a son. But I have given up on so many dreams and endured many traumas and disappointments in my life, a daughter was the one thing that has kept me going.

And now that I am facing not having that one thing I clung to, I really feel like I have wasted my entire life and failed my ancestors in the process. Like a video game that is getting too frustrating and disappointing, I just want to turn it off and not see it through the rest of the level.

Is anybody else dealing with the heartbreak of not having the children that they need?

Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Yes. I desperately wanted to be a mother. I wanted to have a little girl too. I don't know why this urge was so strong to have a girl, but it was intense. I would have wanted a bio child but I would have absolutly adopted if I could afford it. I even looked at fostering, but I'm too fucked up to help a kid that already has trauma. And adoption has trauma as well. At this point, I would have taken either gender, although I always felt such a strong painful want to have a daughter. That daughter will never exist.

That was a very big dream of mine. I'm 40 now, don't make enough for shit like IVF and don't have a partner. It's over. I also am nowhere near where I thought I'd be at this age. Can't afford a house, even thou i make an okay amount of money. Enough to rent a 1br apt in a safe area but not enough to have a little house of my own. I thought the person i was with for 2 yrs was gonna marry me. dumped me out of the blue. Guess I was just too messed up for him. Hah. Apparently my 'anxiety and depression' played a role in it. Horray.

I deal with this every day. It's like a hot needle through the heart when I see young children w/their parents. I know I'll never have that. I don't think I'll ever even have a partner. My family betrayed and fucked me over to the point I got probably some kind of PSTD from it. I don't want to go into specifics cause this is a public forum, but my entire view of reality was shattered and people that I trusted as much as my own mother betrayed us in the worst possible way, and then denied it and stole our belongings.

Sorry, this turned into a giant rant.. I'm just feeling really raw right now. My one last dream was to maybe be able to at least have a small house i could call my own.. but now I don't even think I'll be able to ever obtain that. Not when houses are like 250k in my area.

One thing that helped me a lot was Gateway Women. It's founded by Jody Day. Look her up and buy her book
Living the Life Unexpected: How to Find Hope, Meaning and a Fulfilling Future Without Children. I haven't been able to read all of it, but she's helped me so much. She has a blog. There's a forum too, but you have to pay.. but she makes exceptions if you don't make a ton.

I hope you and I can both find peace with our broken dreams, someday.