Glenferd666

Glenferd666

Aug 23, 2024
As the title says, do you think you're addicted to gore?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
No. I used to be into it back when I was an edgy little middle-schooler, but I don't have much interest in it as an adult. The only time I look up gore I'd when I want to look at images of SH (I find them oddly comforting).

Reactions: wallavenue and Glenferd666
Glenferd666

Glenferd666

Aug 23, 2024
No. I used to be into it back when I was an edgy little middle-schooler, but I don't have much interest in it as an adult. The only time I look up gore I'd when I want to look at images of SH (I find them oddly comforting).
Hmm, I wouldn't say it's edgy to watch gore. I find its an addiction of some sort. Maybe morbid curiosity, that turned into something I view often.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Hmm, I wouldn't say it's edgy to watch gore. I find its an addiction of some sort. Maybe morbid curiosity, that turned into something I view often.
It's edgy if you're doing it for edgy reasons.

Reactions: Glenferd666
deathwish

deathwish

-
Jun 16, 2018
Similar answer to EvisceratedJester. Never had a problem with viewing too much-- sometimes you sit for hours days in a row but it was still basically just a random hobby and like you said, Glenferd, curiosity. After a while, it all blends together and gets old like other things. Sorry to give another answer totally not what you asked for and yet yep doing it anyway

edit spelling

QteStimBnnuy

QteStimBnnuy

Qtpuppet
Feb 9, 2023
Can't imagine I'd call it an addiction, but I do enjoy it though. Just always been something I was interested in

• Hugs
Reactions: kkamasal and Glenferd666
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
not really. But I would lose no sleep seeing (irl) guts, brains, etc. It would in fact make me feel I am alive. In that I am seeing something that is totally out of ordinary/mundane. But I do not actively seek it

BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
As the title says, do you think you're addicted to gore?
Used to, not anymore. Honestly it's weird how much I was into it as a kid when I get squeamish about a lot of things now, and admittedly scared of horror.

Reactions: Buffy
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Used to be until I worked through some more trauma. Now I don't feel the need to watch it and it doesn't even enter my mind, which is odd, because it was part of my everyday life, and I always thought it would be there.

I completely forgot about that issue I had, until I'd seen a question asked about it. Funny that

Unhumanly.

Unhumanly.

Recovery are not the winner.
Feb 24, 2023
Not merely addicted for it's shock value but media as such often interest me to the story behind it

W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
No. Never been interested in it until I wanted to attempt suicide. I searched hanging videos because I wanted to know what it would be like to die with that method. I found it distressing and painful. Last time I watched gore was the first 2 weeks of Israel-Hamas war and then I stopped because it was too much. Occasionally I encounter gore from the war like in adds for humanitarian aid for Gaza and it's very difficult to watch. I try to mostly avoid gore nowadays.

Actovania

Actovania

the same
Mar 30, 2023
Sometimes I see it in war footage but gore alone makes me distressed