Deafsn0w

Deafsn0w

I will buy you a dog if you like my posts
Sep 4, 2018
im wondering if there are some users here that aren't suffering from depression or suicidal.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Iwant2sleepforever and 3 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
According to professionals, I don't have any mental illness. Not even depression. That said, I never told them I am an idiotic crazie who wants to live in anime world :P

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, worldexploder, bunny and 9 others
onewayroad

onewayroad

“Dying is not a crime.” ― Jack Kevorkian
Oct 4, 2018
*crickets chirping*

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Final Escape and 3 others
onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
According to professionals, I don't have any mental illness. Not even depression. That said, I never told them I am an idiotic crazie who wants to live in anime world :P

Wow, that's surprising. Are you suicidal? Not everyone on here has to be.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Final Escape and 4 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Wow, that's surprising. Are you suicidal? Not everyone on here has to be.
Yeah, since I was 15 (I am 27 now). :)

I think the professionals are just out of their mind. I might not have depression, but I have so much anxiety it is crazy.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lost1234, worldexploder and 6 others
onewayroad

onewayroad

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah, since I was 15 (I am 27 now). :)

I think the professionals are just out of their mind. I might not have depression, but I have so much anxiety it is crazy.

Possibly generalized anxiety disorder. My ex had that. I'm lucky, never been anxious even in situations where normal people would be. Anxiety sounds really horrible.

jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I don't think I have any mental illness. I don't know though I've never seen a doctor for it.

So :smiling:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Lra888 and 5 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Possibly generalized anxiety disorder. My ex had that. I'm lucky, never been anxious even in situations where normal people would be. Anxiety sounds really horrible.
Yeah, I can hardly leave the house. When I was a kid, it wasn't this bad. I mostly only struggled to speak in public and stuff, but it keeps getting worse as I get older. Then again I don't think it can get any worse than it is now... I mean, I am pretty much a NEET.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lost1234, bunny and 5 others
lostinthedream

lostinthedream

Warlock
Sep 2, 2018
I actually question the "happy" people's mental health more than us..

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Iwant2sleepforever and 7 others
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
i just have a drug problem

V

Virgo

Arcanist
Oct 3, 2018
Not sure why anyone would be on here if they weren't suicidal. I have no mental illness that I am aware of.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Final Escape and 2 others
ignominia

ignominia

O Rose thou art sick.
Oct 6, 2018
Maybe I have a mental illness but until now i haven't been diagnosed, nonetheless I'm suicidal...

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I've never been formally diagnosed with anything. I could be depressed, though, with so-called atypical depression. I don't think that's the case, though. Avoidant personality is a given.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, RM5998 and 4 others
A

Aris.NecroLight

Oct 14, 2018
My case is very strange. I'm pretty sure I have mental illness but there's no doctor that can give me a precise diagnosis. Closest one seems to be bipolar disorder though. But they also diagnosed me of psychosis and other mental illness. While I share a few traits of psychosis, in the end I'm not sure I am one. The strangest thing about my case is that I don't truly suffer of panic attacks, paranoia or such. My crisis are almost self-provoked. Like I know what's going on and can control it to some extent, but still don't want to stop. I never heard of anyone feeling this way. For what I hear, common crisis cannot be controlled and can lead you to different symptoms that I have not suffered, or have only in some ways (not enough to count as such... I think). Oh, they also diagnosed me OCD, which is also close to what happens to me. But still different. I know every mind is a world, but mine truly feels very weird and odd. Like it's not even madness. I really feel different to others. To both 'sane' people, and 'mentally-ill' people. Can't really fit in any category.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Final Escape and 2 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
What is mental illness?

Reactions: bunny, Throwaway563078, lv-gras and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I'm sure I might have something or a few things but I just don't care. It is what it is. I'd rather call my issues maladaptive coping mechanisms than actual mental illness.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, Schopenhauer and 2 others
A

Aris.NecroLight

Oct 14, 2018
What is mental illness?

I'm not sure I have a technical definition, but it basically means not being able to deal with daily situations. This can vary a lot from person to person. For instance, most people can deal with stressful situations despite feeling nervous, but people with mental illness often get other reactions that can vary a lot. My example was about stressful situations, but it also refers to fear, pain, excessive thoughts, changes in mood... etc. What connects all of them is that you are not able to live your daily life as most other people can. Still, some people claim they have mental illness when they (probably) don't. It's... very complex. I'm not saying they don't, but sometimes they really don't and it feels offensive towards those who have.

Hopefully I was able to clarify something. I apologize to everyone if I'm plain wrong with something I said. I'm talking mostly from personal experience and diagnosis.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny and lv-gras
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Never been diagnosed with one. Then again, like @jaemus12, it might have something to do with never having seen a mental health professional. Probably.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, lv-gras and 2 others
tothemetalsickness

tothemetalsickness

World of Warcraft gamer
Oct 4, 2018
I am not suicidal but I sometimes have depression but I can shake it off pretty quickly.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, millefeui and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, bunny, tothemetalsickness and 1 other person
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
She has a metal sickness instead :)

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dog Food, bunny and 4 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It is? That explains it

Reactions: bunny
O

onamy

Sep 23, 2018

Yeah, I can hardly leave the house. When I was a kid, it wasn't this bad. I mostly only struggled to speak in public and stuff, but it keeps getting worse as I get older. Then again I don't think it can get any worse than it is now... I mean, I am pretty much a NEET.

Have you watched Welcome to the NHK?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I was diagnosed with severe anxiety, childhood related PTSD, major depressive disorder, anhedonia, and Borderline Personality Disorder. What's a diagnoses but recognizing a different hue of neuroticism. All of these illnesses seem to run together anyway. "I'm not happy. My life sucks"....Geeze I didn't know I needed a college educated doctor to tell me this using overcomplicated words.

Sometimes I wonder if these "shiny happy people" are the ones who are really sick. How do they function in this insanity preaching that life is a positive. Sounds like a delusional disorder on their part.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
Me too. Still studying but only because I'd rather die that way. I thought I was getting better - used to be selectively mute - but I still have panic attacks when I try to go into public and think I'm regressing.

Wish I could live in the 2D world too. Or the world of certain children's books, but in most anime I'd at least get to age beyond 10 and still experience a gentle world.

I am diagnosed with a bunch of stuff, most of it just gross misinterpretations of the DSM. But I had to fight for my primary diagnosis, psychiatrists thought I was fine because I presented very normally and with self-restraint.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer, Lost1234 and 1 other person