• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

angel_♡_locked

angel_♡_locked

Lost Angel
Apr 16, 2024
I cut because I just need to feel rush and adrenaline of hiding them and stuff but want to stop cutting, i want to feel a rush like painful and fast and easy to do anywhere but dont know any alternatives, ive done the "rubber band" but thats gotten lame and boring i need something yk but dont want to cut since i haven't for a bit
Im kinda bad at explaining things sorry, just other stuff instead or cutting to cope yk
Im kinda bad at explaining things sorry, just other stuff instead or cutting to cope yk

Last edited:
soulkitty

soulkitty

Just a shell of who I once was.
Apr 6, 2024
Hmmmm, have you tried lightly poking the surface of your skin with a thumb tack/push pin/safety pin? It doesn't really do damage if you don't press too hard + can kind of give that bit of adrenaline rush and quick pain without cutting or doing much harm to yourself. I do that sometimes when I'm having really bad self harm urges but want to stay clean. I wish I had more ideas to give, I hope you find something that works out for you 💜💜💜

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
dajabe

dajabe

Apr 5, 2024
I tried out a Creme that is used for sore muscels that heats up the area you apply it (dont know how its called in english 😅). Take a biiig portion of it and put it on your arm (the Spot where there are many nerves) and put a Band aid above it. Sometimes it helped me, cause it really burns your skin.

angel_♡_locked

angel_♡_locked

Lost Angel
Apr 16, 2024
Hw abt graspng ice-cbes
I used to do this but it became boring for me pretty quick, im one of thos ewho needs results fast and quick rather than holding on for a while, plus my hands would be wet and gross after
Hmmmm, have you tried lightly poking the surface of your skin with a thumb tack/push pin/safety pin? It doesn't really do damage if you don't press too hard + can kind of give that bit of adrenaline rush and quick pain without cutting or doing much harm to yourself. I do that sometimes when I'm having really bad self harm urges but want to stay clean. I wish I had more ideas to give, I hope you find something that works out for you 💜💜💜
I would try this but i feel like it would only work to the piint i cut i have little to no si so stuff that scares me doesnt work unless some pain comes with it and i dont wanna risk cutting myself thanks for help tho 💜💜💜
I tried out a Creme that is used for sore muscels that heats up the area you apply it (dont know how its called in english 😅). Take a biiig portion of it and put it on your arm (the Spot where there are many nerves) and put a Band aid above it. Sometimes it helped me, cause it really burns your skin.
Hmmm maybe whats the creme its oki if its in another language i find it somehow

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
weatherforecast

weatherforecast

Mar 16, 2024
im one of thos ewho needs results fast and quick rather than holding on for a while, plus my hands would be wet and gross after
I know you said this, but just for the sake of suggesting:
you could try putting your hand in ice water, then hot water, and back into ice water (or hot -> ice > hot).

Reactions: angel_♡_locked
angel_♡_locked

angel_♡_locked

Lost Angel
Apr 16, 2024
I know you said this, but just for the sake of suggesting:
you could try putting your hand in ice water, then hot water, and back into ice water (or hot -> ice > hot).
Okie! just asking cuz i dont want to cause any damage to my body anymore but like this wont leave any kind of like scar or burns right cuz i just wanna find alternatives that feel painful just dont cause no more actual harm to my body yk( im dumb ive never thought to do super cold THEN hot huh🤔) :D

weatherforecast

weatherforecast

Mar 16, 2024
Okie! just asking cuz i dont want to cause any damage to my body anymore but like this wont leave any kind of like scar or burns right cuz i just wanna find alternatives that feel painful just dont cause no more actual harm to my body yk( im dumb ive never thought to do super cold THEN hot huh🤔) :D
Maybe if you have skin or vein problems then don't try it.
Otherwise it shouldn't cause scarring or burns if you don't go too hot. For example, ~101 degrees F or ~38 degrees C is used even when warming frostbite (so just keep it warm where you can where you still feel pain).
There is also something called chilblains/pernio, which is uncommon and temporary, but you can test first by trying it somewhere small like your pinky

• Hugs
Reactions: angel_♡_locked
angel_♡_locked

angel_♡_locked

Lost Angel
Apr 16, 2024
Maybe if you have skin or vein problems then don't try it.
Otherwise it shouldn't cause scarring or burns if you don't go too hot. For example, ~101 degrees F or ~38 degrees C is used even when warming frostbite (so just keep it warm where you can where you still feel pain).
There is also something called chilblains/pernio, which is uncommon and temporary, but you can test first by trying it somewhere small like your pinky
Okay thanks so much!!! This seems very helpful!! Im so happy💜💜💜💜💜 :D

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
what about eating something very spicy, like a dried chili or a few drops of hot sauce

i know its not the same but experimenting with different levels of capsaicin could be fun in its own way and a burning mouth will certainly distract you for a bit

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
honestly no skill has ever helped me except these acupuncture rings !! and they also have balls. they hurt just a little bit but dont cause any pain. the rings are rlly good to carry around. i always had one in my pockets for lectures

Attachments

• IMG_8640.jpeg
    IMG_8640.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 0
angel_♡_locked

angel_♡_locked

Lost Angel
Apr 16, 2024
what about eating something very spicy, like a dried chili or a few drops of hot sauce

i know its not the same but experimenting with different levels of capsaicin could be fun in its own way and a burning mouth will certainly distract you for a bit
Thanks for the info!!

pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
Hmmm maybe whats the creme its oki if its in another language i find it somehow
ooh is that cream like tiger balm? theres something similar if you want something to be less messy and have the sameish burning effect while maybe being something to "hide", theres muscle reliever patches that exist like this, my mum always uses these (u can find them at an asian market, but u shouldnt be paying too much for them so whether its online or irl find something bulk with multiple packs for cheaper). also when i get the chance, i might go buy those rings when i see them, they look helpful, thank you for sharing.

btw, many people have been suggesting solutions that sound like TIPP skills, so if it helps those can give some ideas if you find an unconventional way. its good when tackling problems to know why you do the behaviour cause it makes it a little easier to find a solution that gives you what you need or simulates a similar outcome, so its good you know what you "get out" of self harming and i encourage anyone else to ask themselves how they feel before, during, and after and what they need/want out of any maladaptive coping mechanism. wishing you the best!

double btw i love the edited kangel pfp!!!!

Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
Whenever I feel the urge I watch gore and use alcohol. It helps me not to cut but it makes me even more of a creep.