R

Readytogo805

Jul 14, 2019
Does food still get you excited a bit? That's one think I'll miss most...trying new amazing restaurants or smoking bbq here at home which I love to do. Or just ordering my pizza and washing it done the some nice allagash white beer.

Reactions: Null84 and Rhyme
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Yeah I'll miss Mediterranean food, it's my favorite.

I also will miss the steaks and stir fry veggies that I cook too.

Reactions: Temporarilyabsurd
Rhyme

Rhyme

Sleep now and carry on into the black of the night
Jan 18, 2020
Oh yeah. I love to cook and try out new recipes. Some days it's difficult to muster the effort to cook anything more advanced than a ham sandwhich though. :))

Think the last time I used my smoker was Thanksgiving... Could go for some ribs right now.

R

Readytogo805

Jul 14, 2019
Could go for some ribs right now.

I love Ribs ....oh ya ... don't get me started
I tried this Italian place in downtown LA called the factory kitchen...holly hell that pesto pasta made me forget about everything else for a minute there. If there's a heaven they're serving that pasta in it.

Last edited:
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Yep.

And i love to cook. Made a LOT of back ribs with homemade BBQ and homemade spice rub, cause they're regularly on sale near me. Off the beat stuff too - really into probiotic foods and i've made a lot of diff fermented/cultured goods.

One of my favourites is this ridiculous lasagna that takes like 4 hours before it even goes in the oven:

Back when i was healthier i would make stuff like this and gift it to friends, etc.

• Love
Reactions: Rhyme
Rhyme

Rhyme

Sleep now and carry on into the black of the night
Jan 18, 2020
Yep.

And i love to cook. Made a LOT of back ribs with homemade BBQ and homemade spice rub, cause they're regularly on sale near me. Off the beat stuff too - really into probiotic foods and i've made a lot of diff fermented/cultured goods.

One of my favourites is this ridiculous lasagna that takes like 4 hours before it even goes in the oven:

Back when i was healthier i would make stuff like this and gift it to friends, etc.
Oh, man. That sauce is a whole meal prep on its own... Did you use lamb or ground beef? lamb is difficult/sporadic to get in my area.

I loved cooking something special and giving some to coworkers. Seeing their face light up when they get a homecooked meal during a 16 hour shift always made it worth it. I'm sorry your health is getting in your way.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
I loved cooking something special and giving some to coworkers. Seeing their face light up when they get a homecooked meal during a 16 hour shift always made it worth it.
The best experience! You sound like a very kind soul.

I have a lot of friends who don't find the time or don't like to cook so it's a particular joy to bring them something homemade and see them light up.

Did you use lamb or ground beef? lamb is difficult/sporadic to get in my area.

Lamb! I'm in an urban area :)

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'll probably some good food, but I wouldn't want to risk life getting worse by staying alive longer than I intended. Some foods are European and Asian cuisines. There are still some Asian cuisines that I'd like to try as well as some high end gourmet food, but sadly, it will be missed.