• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Wow, so sad. I have to say, though, when someone tattoos their whole body and face, I can't help but think they are in a lot of emotional pain. I mean, doing so pretty much ruins any chance of getting a job. (Although, in his case he was lucky.) So in essence, they are giving up on life by throwing everything away.

ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
Freed? uHh? Freed from what?

I really hate it when people impute meanings to what other people do based on their own situation. Maybe he didn't want to be "freed." Maybe he did it out of despair, and he regretted it last second, knowing there was no way back. Don't project, folks.

I get the overidealization of suicide in some people here, but don't go spewing shit about others :/

W

watchtthethrone

Jun 25, 2018

I really hate it when people impute meanings to what other people do based on their own situation. Maybe he didn't want to be "freed." Maybe he did it out of despair, and he regretted it last second, knowing there was no way back. Don't project, folks.

I get the overidealization of suicide in some people here, but don't go spewing shit about others :/

I'm glad you said this. It bothers me to no end when people say stuff like 'well, at least he's at peace now' or wish people good luck to kill themselves. I get the tenor of this community, but if your consciousness is wiped out, you technically aren't 'at peace' because you don't get to experience it. In my own case, suicide is an act of profound fear and desperation, and I would much rather have attained the help I need to live a happy life here on earth; death hardly seems like a consolation .. it feels like an injustice.

E

ephemeral

Jul 10, 2018
I really hate it when people impute meanings [...] Don't project, folks.

I get the overidealization of suicide in some people here

Pot, may I introduce you to kettle.

For me, it's much easier to try and adress my own issues in myself than in others.

Reactions: lv-gras
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
Pot, may I introduce you to kettle.

Excuse yourself, buddy? :pfff: There is no imputation on my part when you're coming from a clearly biased standpoint. To say freed instead of dead spells it out without me needing to add anything to it.

Last edited:
ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
In my own case, suicide is an act of profound fear and desperation, and I would much rather have attained the help I need to live a happy life here on earth; death hardly seems like a consolation .. it feels like an injustice.

I will never wish anyone good luck. In my book, the only valid answer to suicide is deep sorrow or deep outrage. I will not be complicit in someone's self-destruction, and I do not want anyone to be complicit in mine.

With people, in general, I find it's safer to express sympathy rather than glee. I can't believe I have to spell it out. This is a loss, not only to the man himself, but to the world around him.

W

watchtthethrone

Jun 25, 2018
Excuse yourself, buddy? :pfff: There is no imputation on my part when you're coming from a clearly biased standpoint. To say freed instead of dead spells it out without me needing to add anything to it.

You quoted the wrong person.

W

watchtthethrone

Jun 25, 2018
I will never wish anyone good luck. In my book, the only valid answer to suicide is deep sorrow or deep outrage. I will not be complicit in someone's self-destruction, and I do not want anyone to be complicit in mine.

With people, in general, I find it's safer to express sympathy rather than glee. I can't believe I have to spell it out. This is a loss, not only to the man himself, but to the world around him.

Exactly. Well said. I'm almost certain that, in two years of being on suicide messageboards/chats, you're the first other person who's expressed that a person reaching a point where they feel like they have to take their own life is actually a profound tragedy, rather than something to be frivolously celebrated. I was beginning to think I was the crazy, odd one out for believing that.

Last edited:
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018

I am not saying that he wants to be free. I said "freed" because he's gone from his physical body. You're jumping into conclusions too easily.

Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
And oh, you just projected your own meaning to the words I have used btw.

Reactions: Tiburcio
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018

Regretting it last second doesn't tell us anything as survival instinct could cause that reguardless of if you are better off dead or not.

ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
Regretting it last second doesn't tell us anything as survival instinct could cause that reguardless of if you are better off dead or not.

Call it whatever you will. Survival instinct, emotion, god reaching down to tell you you're damning yourself to perdition, I don't care. Being "better off dead" is a paradox. You can't weigh the pros and cons of being dead what with, you know, being dead.

It is up to every individual person to do as they will with the agency they are endowed with, but to forgo humanity and to relish in destruction, to blind yourself to loss, is not something I will ever encourage.

The beautiful woman from Dignitas, minutes away from her death, was very cheery. Very affable. She was talking about Foucault, for fuck's sake, knowing she was about to go. It was surreal, and enviable in many ways. But in her death she left behind loss and sorrow.

@watchtthethrone , I know what you're saying.