Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Emotional ->Irrational->Delusional->Sucidal...
Nov 16, 2018
What if everyone is lying to me about afterlife? What if whatever people said were wrong and they were just based on speculations/so call personal experience? What if I ctb and all it does is sending my consciousness to an alternative universe with the same (very similar ) fuck up situation.and the cycle never ends if I ctb again...?

Or can you proof me I'm wrong so thing could be more peaceful

Last edited:
Reactions: sólstafir, Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats and 5 others
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
What if everyone is lying to me about afterlife? What if whatever people said were wrong and they were just based on speculations/so call personal experience? What if I ctb and all it does is sending my consciousness to an alternative universe with the same (very similar ) fuck up situation.and the cycle never ends if I ctb again...?

Then I would attempt again and again and again until the universe gets tired of me.

Reactions: Jupiter, OnlyMercy, Sinbad and 6 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

CTB again and again until you end up in a universe where your life is better.

Reactions: MsM3talGamer, Jen Erik, Sinbad and 4 others
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Then I would attempt again and again and again until the universe gets tired of me.
Same but until it corrects me

Reactions: Donewith_, Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I know many Buddhists who are certain that by ctb we can never escape our problems because they all carry on into the next life and we will have to face them again and again until we learn to overcome them. But I will not overcome this. I know I won't. End of story

Reactions: wiIIow, sólstafir, Weeping Garbage Can and 6 others
Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
This would be the meaning of life I guess...

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I know many Buddhists who are certain that by ctb we can never escape our problems because they all carry on into the next life and we will have to face them again and again until we learn to overcome them. But I will not overcome this. I know I won't. End of story

LOL...Buddhism. Why is it even necessary for me to overcome problems. Just sounds like an excuse to put people through suffering due to being sadistic. I'm not going to play such a game.

Reactions: Sinbad, Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats and 6 others
Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
I just talked to a monk a while ago he said something similar but more like the next life I would be a butterfly or insect if we misbehave in life...damn I was like fk yeah I wanna be a butterfly... Gave me that hope...

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats, Deafsn0w and 4 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I just talked to a monk a while ago he said something similar but more like the next life I would be a butterfly or insect if we misbehave in life...damn I was like fk yeah I wanna be a butterfly... Gave me that hope...

Insect sounds nice too

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I'd rather be a monkey in a zoo so I can fling feces at nasty humans without any repercussions.

Reactions: OnlyMercy, Sinbad, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

If you believe in the scientific method and accept what we think we know about emergent properties and consciousness, our awareness just fade out, like sleep and then nothing else

Last edited:
Reactions: wiIIow, Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats and 4 others
Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
O
Insect sounds nice too
The lesser we know, the lesser pain we suffer... Fucking flys and mosqitomos just roaming around freely ans not give a damn and suck whatever blood they want... They dun have pain receptors and nothing to worry. They r just better off then us in many ways...

Reactions: OnlyMercy, Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w and 3 others
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
O

The lesser we know, the lesser pain we suffer... Fucking flys and mosqitomos just roaming around freely ans not give a damn and suck whatever blood they want... They dun have pain receptors and nothing to worry. They r just better off then us in many ways...
Maybe they only either feel sad or happy. That would suck being stuck in sad

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
I'd rather be a monkey in a zoo so I can fling feces at nasty humans without any repercussions.
Nah lol there is still chance to get sexua harrassted by the zoo keeper

Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
If you believe in the scientific method and accept what we think we know about emergent properties and consciousness, we just fade out, like sleep end then nothing else
To be honest my true believe is that when I died all I left is my thoughts, losing ALL senses (very similar to high does of shrooms trip but in black instead of the white tunnel...) Yeah y'all can say it's wishful thinking....

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Why should it only be humans who have an afterlife? What people either forget or refuse to acknowledge is the fact that we are part of the animal kingdom.
We are nothing special in the vastness of the universe, the conceited attitude of many humans stems from religious beliefs.
People need to get over the fact that we were not created by some supreme being, we crawled out of the swamp and evolved when the opportunity arose.

Reactions: KadathianStr1d3r, Sinbad, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
M

Mixk009

Nov 26, 2018
I hate the idea of reincarnation and quantum immortality. And the afterlife. Oblivion makes me sad, but logically it's the best net sum. Its zero. Zero anything. Life or any kind of afterlife/reincarnation will always be a net sum of negative.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Whiskeyjames and 3 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I used to be spiritual. Now I just think we're evolved apes and nothing more. We're not much different to animals and we all have our expiry date. If there's an afterlife I need a vacation cause I'm exhausted.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats, Deafsn0w and 3 others
M

Mixk009

Nov 26, 2018
I used to be spiritual. Now I just think we're evolved apes and nothing more. We're not much different to animals and we all have our expiry date. If there's an afterlife I need a vacation cause I'm exhausted.

The fact that we came into existence is questionable. There's no reason any of our bodies need a conciousness. Neurobiology says its all in the brain. Yeah sure. But the fact that you somehow got chosen to be in this exact body? To me that implies either dualism or panpsychism. There's no reason why our bodies even need to have consciousness if the brain can do everything all alone. We should be p-zombies. But then.. You can argue we actually are just p-zombies even with conciousness. See, if the universe is determined and everything we do is just a cause and effect chain then we really don't exist. We're just spectators watching our lives unfold as we're blinded by thinking we're actually doing any of this. But even then.. This implies some sort of dualistic or panpsychic universe to me. But.. What's the point of a spectator? Where from? How is conciousness ingrained in the very fabric of space and time? If it even is. Makes my head hurt.

But anyway. I don't think we will truly be gone after we die. I think we'll come back again and forever as long as the universe keeps ticking and reseting. I think we're trapped in this hell. I don't want to be back. Idc if my next life is good. I just want the insanity to stop. That's really all there is. Chaos and insanity.

Do i sound like a mentally ill nutjob yet?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, bag.of.cats, Deafsn0w and 3 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
If I'm reincarnated then I hope I don't end up human again

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Whiskeyjames, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
There is a very charming and highly entertaining movie called Defending Your Life with Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep that is about this. Sort of. It addresses the question of what happens when you die and how you make progress in life as a human.

It's completely charming and very entertaining; I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Whiskeyjames and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
This sums it up for me.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Whiskeyjames, ReadyasEver and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Maybe this is the answer! The world is just a great big onion.
The world is just a great big onion
And pain and fear are the spices that make you cry
Oh, baby, and the only way to get rid of this great big onion
Is to plant love seeds until it dies, uh-huh
Hey world, we got a great big job to do
Yeah, we need you
And everybody who loves truth
Don't you know we've got to clean up this place
And reach for a higher goal, yeah, yes we do, now
We gotta be headstrong about rightin' the wrong
And make a lot more happy songs, oh, oh, baby
And I don't care, is the face people like to wear
Yes it is now, oh, baby
And the only way to get rid of this great big onion
Every one single soul's got to do their share
Tell about it, baby, whoo
So come on, let's knock on every door, whoo
Tell them love is the answer
Whether they're rich or poor
Oh, yeah, now, we don't care what you do
How you look, or your status claim, baby
No no, because brothers and sisters
From now on, is gonna be everyone's name, oh-oh, whoo
And pain and fear are the spices that make you cry
Yes it is, oh, baby
And the only way to get rid of this great big onion
Is to plant love seeds
Now everybody, got to plant love seeds
Come on and plant love seeds
Until it dies
Songwriters: Nickolas Ashford / Valerie Simpson

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Deafsn0w, Whiskeyjames and 2 others
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
I remember there was some theory that is similar to what you said, its called quantum immortality or something
yeah, it's called quantum immortality. Basically everytime you "die" you just move to a slightly different universe where you're alive. Not sure what happens when you get to old age though, do you transition to a futuristic society that can keep you alive forever? Will you eventually end up all alone if you're the only one to experience quantum immortality in that universe? Sounds scary as fuck honestly, i just want a peaceful, comfortable, happy afterlife

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Whiskeyjames

Whiskeyjames

Nov 16, 2018
Well, we do have the best sciences today and yet there are just more new questions. namely quantum immortality,

Maybe these questions about the afterlife are not meant for our primitive mind (as a 3 dimension living being). Is it possible for the concept to be incomprehensible to us human being? Just like how ants don't have the capacity/capability to understand human's actions, go try to explain fashion to ants lol (To their credit, ants do have good social structure and hierarchy)

I remember reading a book based on "the great filter theory" and the 3 stages why humans have never meet any extraterrestrials:

1. we are just low-level living creatures in the universe that hasn't manage to perform nuclear fusion or any efficient energy. ( we are still facing basic survival needs like limited energy and limited resources) Without the technology, we can't performance mass/productive space exploration.

2. Given we have the energy/resource. Our lifespan is very short and we have other physical limitations i.e. brain capacity, physical endurance, etc. Unless we break our limits, we can't even physically reach the next closest Galaxy which is 2.5million lightyears away...

3. Philosophy is the final barrier... once the high-level being gets the answer it asked, it also begins the pursuit of all things, of eternal, until the one point where nothing exists? the none, emptiness…

I think the eternal part is very interesting.

So, how to experience eternity? having the conscious to exist forever right!?

Where does our consciousness come from? All the information, feeling, experiences we accumulate since birth!?

So when our physical body dies where will this "consciousness" go? Does it disappear at the same time? the next dimension? heaven/hell? recriminated into other things? continue in an alternative universe? combination of all or none of above...?

P.S. Yeah we human are strong af yet weak af in the universe...Pretty sure robotics and A.I will become human's final(finest) creations to carry on our Legacy...but still quantum immortality is scary af…just eternal conscious and I will create the best

P.S. yeah my though starts jumping around, fml....

Reactions: Deafsn0w, OnlyMercy, Jodes and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Why should it only be humans who have an afterlife? What people either forget or refuse to acknowledge is the fact that we are part of the animal kingdom.
We are nothing special in the vastness of the universe, the conceited attitude of many humans stems from religious beliefs.
People need to get over the fact that we were not created by some supreme being, we crawled out of the swamp and evolved when the opportunity arose.
We can hypothesise, theorise and debate till the end of time. I don't believe in the idea of an afterlife, it does not make any sense whatsoever that it should be reserved only for humans.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_consciousness

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Whiskeyjames, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Whiskeyjames and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals