stxnstones

stxnstones

Jun 18, 2024
Hi folks, I'm new here, and I'm really, really ready to make my exit. For obvious reasons, this must unfold as planned, but also because what few things I own of value, I plan to sell to finance my trip. And it ain't much. From you all, I am hoping for some guidance around the specifics. There's a catch though; I'm bringing my dog with me. Before any rush to judgement, she's 14 and at the end of her lifespan. Her health is declining. She's in pain with injuries that can't be corrected because her heart likely wouldn't withstand anesthesia. She's very attached to me, and I to her. She's the love of my life. Also, I had to come home early once after only four days of vacation because she hadn't taken any food or water since boarding. I didn't mind though. I haven't felt that needed since, well, ever.
Back to the point. I suffer from really bad OCD so a mess is out of the question... and kind of ironic... I won't have pain being the last sensation we feel either. I kind of like the idea of massive opiates, but they can be tricky to find, and I don't really want to be remembered as an addict. I'm leaning toward suffocation via helium, but how? I can't pressurize. Sequester a small space? A tent? Lifetime supply of duct tape? Another route? Any ideas?

Reactions: Heyyy and world is unfair
D

DeIetedUser4739

Apr 21, 2024

Upvote 0
T

tvwowacct

Jun 15, 2024
I feel as far as the pup goes,if she's ready, I'd go to a humane society and request her to be put down and then that same day you could take her to where she feels most happy or keep her with you when you cross the bridge.

Reactions: divinemistress36
Upvote 0
stxnstones

stxnstones

Jun 18, 2024
I'm a licensed veterinary technician. I've considered it. However, as long as it's a painless euth. the only difference would be spending more money than I even have. She's had a very, very traumatic life and I genuinely believe that she would choose to be at home on my lap.

Upvote 0
T

tvwowacct

Jun 15, 2024
Would you be able to get her help from resourcing at your work place?

Upvote 0
stxnstones

stxnstones

Jun 18, 2024
No. She has many nearly microscopic thorns stuck in her front paws. They are degrading and causing infection. She's in pain. It would cost me more than I have to have a vet euthanize. Besides, I've got all the tools for intravenous travel in my medbag. I just don't have the bentobarbital. I've volunteered at the humane society, too. They're about as inhumane as it gets.

Upvote 0