• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
I hear this question a lot,

"do you actually want to die or is it a cry for help?"

the other day, I talked with my sister and she told me that I should get help.
I should get help from doctors that have a duty to keep me alive?
but, I don't want to live? So why would I want to "get help"?

• Hugs
Reactions: malevolentdiety, Forever Sleep, Alexei_Kirillov and 5 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Why do you not want to live? That is the key for the answer.

Reactions: Yuki_03
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Whenever people say something like this to me my response is usually "Okay, so if it is a cry for help then help me."

"You need to help yourself." Is the most common response I get.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, HereTomorrow, malevolentdiety and 7 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

I was wrong
Sep 19, 2023
I hear this question a lot,

the other day, I talked with my sister and she told me that I should get help.
I should get help from doctors that have a duty to keep me alive?
but, I don't want to live? So why would I want to "get help"?
It's a cry for help whether you actually want to die or not, imo. If you successfully ctb, you would still have been crying for help, you just didn't get it.

You're in pain, you're unhappy; of course you want help! The issue is that the help offered seems insufficient. If you thought the help offered would make you happy-go-lucky and solve all your issues I believe you'd take it. The help we need isn't always possible. Therein lies the issue. Ctb is a form of "help" in that it eliminates the pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, Jorms_McGander, SMmetalhead36 and 3 others
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
There are people who need help, so they cry out for it in some way. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a reason. Maybe what caused the need for help is the reason for ctb. But if you want help, maybe it isn't a true desire for death, maybe it's your body begging for assistance.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Praestat_Mori
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
In my case, my desire to be dead is not a cry for help but rather a genuine desire. I don't want to be saved at all as I don't want to live. Most people assume that all suicidal people want to live deep down yet are being forced by an irrational mindset to not live. However, I do think that there are some suicidal people out there who don't want to live at all and nothing can sway their mind otherwise

Reactions: divinemistress36, Alexei_Kirillov, Vicolo cieco and 3 others
lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
In my case, my desire to be dead is not a cry for help but rather a genuine desire. I don't want to be saved at all as I don't want to live. Most people assume that all suicidal people want to live deep down yet are being forced by an irrational mindset to not live. However, I do think that there are some suicidal people out there who don't want to live at all and nothing can sway their mind otherwise

yes exactly.
when i talk about how i feel, people try to help me
but that does not make sense to me

i don't want to be saved either
actually, that's exactly what is holding me back
can i ask what is holding you back?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and ijustwishtodie
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Some people are very solution oriented, they like to "fix" things and try to resolve problems in a simple, straightforward manner.

However, life is not simple and issues are typically not black and white, but exist in multiple shades of grey. Sometimes a person just wants to express their pain and open up to someone, as you're doing with your sister, without seeking some sort of resolution/advice from them or trying to be swayed in a particular way.

Help is a very vague word, and rarely is it clarified what does this nebulous concept of help even mean. When some people vent, they might be expressing frustration and vocalising their pain is a type of catharsis- simply being able to talk freely and feel understood can be a type of help to relieve one's burdens. Posting here is a good example of this.

When others do it, they might be looking for advice or suggestions for resources, ways of solving a problem, etc, and may explicitly ask for someone's opinions. I think many people feel pressured to try and "fix" suicidal people they know, even when it's not possible and may even make the situation worse if they say certain things.

The discussions around suicide are so controlled and usually make it difficult to leave room for nuance, and many people have been conditioned to believe that if someone is suicidal for a long time or speaking up about it more than once then their desires are invalidated. This is simply not true, and harmful to suicidal people.

I think maybe your sister doesn't understand this nuance. That when help offered from the medical system is inadequate and doesn't help, it doesn't make the pain of being suicidal go away, it just makes it harder to talk about because people assumes those methods are infalliable.

It sounds like you want someone to sit with you and understand you, with empathy.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc and Alexei_Kirillov
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
You are not dead yet. Lol

Now that you're alive, what do you want? Mental health services are more than just therapy and medication. You have independent living options and resource programs.

What types of programs do they offer in your area?

lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

🖤
Apr 17, 2024
You are not dead yet. Lol

Now that you're alive, what do you want? Mental health services are more than just therapy and medication. You have independent living options and resource programs.

What types of programs do they offer in your area?

I don't want any of that lol
that is the entire problem

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
I want to die to prove a point.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Alexei_Kirillov
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I don't get why people tell others about wanting to CTB either if they don't want help. If we tell someone, they are morally obliged to intervene, I don't get what good it can do.

When I read people complain about being locked up because they told someone they were going to CTB, I sort of wonder why they told in the first place and what they expected?

If people want to CTB telling people is a bad idea. If they want help, total honesty is the best.

Just my view but what do I know.

Reactions: Orange Cat, divinemistress36, alltoomuch2 and 2 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I don't get why people tell others about wanting to CTB either if they don't want help. If we tell someone, they are morally obliged to intervene, I don't get what good it can do.

When I read people complain about being locked up because they told someone they were going to CTB, I sort of wonder why they told in the first place and what they expected?

If people want to CTB telling people is a bad idea. If they want help, total honesty is the best.

Sometimes people just want someone they can vent to and openly share their feelings with. Humans have a natural tendency to want to talk about themselves, to the point at which it can actually be pleasurable (talking about ourselves, even in a neutral context, causes the nucleus accumbens (the pleasure centre of the brain) to activate. It can be cathartic to share things about yourself, including things that might be more sensitive, like your suicidality. People aren't always looking for help. Sometimes we just want to be heard.

(Also, I really wanted to use the word "nucleus accumbens" for some reason, lol)

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

I think it's more that the people who would want help over CTB are frustrated that the only "help" that seems to exist is severely lacking for most people and so CTB still seems like the better option. It's possible to want both and prefer one over the other.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
M

malevolentdiety

Student
Mar 16, 2024
Whenever people say something like this to me my response is usually "Okay, so if it is a cry for help then help me."

"You need to help yourself." Is the most common response I get.
If you could help yourself you wouldn't be suicidal

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Dr Iron Arc and lkjhgfdsa1
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
I'm not making any assumptions about you or any individual in particular, just sharing general observations from my experiences. Spent years working with people who were suicidal and the ones who never really openly spoke about it to people who weren't also suicidal were usually the ones who made the most serious attempts. The people who continued to bring it up with people who they knew would try to encourage them to work through issues and "stop being suicidal" were usually seeking some help in that form. Again not saying that means you aren't serious or anything, just that in general people who repeatedly bring it up to "normies" who they know are not going to agree with suicidal ideations are seen as seeking help.

Reactions: Havnis
Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
Sometimes people just want someone they can vent to and openly share their feelings with. Humans have a natural tendency to want to talk about themselves, to the point at which it can actually be pleasurable (talking about ourselves, even in a neutral context, causes the nucleus accumbens (the pleasure centre of the brain) to activate. It can be cathartic to share things about yourself, including things that might be more sensitive, like your suicidality. People aren't always looking for help. Sometimes we just want to be heard.

(Also, I really wanted to use the word "nucleus accumbens" for some reason, lol)
I guess my nucleus accumbens doesn't work then, because I never had the urge to vent.

I think it implies two possibilities first, subconsciously, they don't want to die and they are asking for alternatives or second they are trying to mitigate the overwhelming emotions related to suicide ideation by speaking to people.
If you could help yourself you wouldn't be suicidal
I help myself by being suicidal.

Last edited: