• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
for context. the PPeH suggests a chemical reaction involving dehydration of FoA by means of coned H2SO4 to generate impressive amounts of carbon monoxide. i didn't figured how to construct the COgen device to deliver the gas straight into lungs yet, i'll look forward to options from commonly available materials

let's say i've a liter of formic acid and several liters of 35% battery acid. with a gas stove is it possible to boil down the battery acid to coned sulfuric acid (90%>) and what's most optimal way to do so ? i think to pour some acid in a glass jar and put it on a sand bath then apply some heat and check the concentration when the jars contents boiled to 1/3 of its original volume. dipping paper samples in it if they get charred then the acid should be suitable for dehydration. that's my plan to obtain the required reagent i would like to hear suggestions/corrections especially in terms of possible losses

also if the density of pure sulfuric acid is 1.8kg/l then the weight of a liter of boiled down/concentrated sulfuric acid solution(350ml 95%>) should be around 630g~ on weighs amirite ?

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You will need to wash the CO gas before you inhale it directly because the reaction produces a lot of heat and starts to boil and you don't want to inhale sulfuric acid steam. Formicacid also has a very strong smell. I suggest to get conc. H2SO4 96% instead of experimenting with battery acid.

Depending on where you live you may also be able to purchase a CO gas cylinder. But check concentrations of CO gas.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
You will need to wash the CO gas before you inhale it directly because the reaction produces a lot of heat and starts to boil and you don't want to inhale sulfuric acid steam. Formicacid also has a very strong smell. I suggest to get conc. H2SO4 96% instead of experimenting with battery acid.
can't get by normal means. chem companies asking for a license

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
can't get by normal means. chem companies asking for a license
I think charcoal is easier to handle. Have you considered this?

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
I think charcoal is easier to handle. Have you considered this?
yes. it's a limited option to me because i live with family. i've a very narrow time span to cook coals and such let alone unsuspectedly mess with hibachis and similar metal equipment. a metal bucket in a tent is kinda viable tho but when it comes to tents i'm limited financially

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
yes. it's a limited option to me because i live with family. i've a very narrow time span to cook coals and such let alone unsuspectedly mess with hibachis and similar metal equipment. a metal bucket in a tent is kinda viable tho but when it comes to tents i'm limited financially
I understand. That's difficult then. Anyway you would need to wash the CO gas anyway from the reaction with a gas washing bottle to able to breath it safely and that needs lab equipment. I wouldn't experiment here with self made stuff, just for own safety reasons.

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
I understand. That's difficult then. Anyway you would need to wash the CO gas anyway from the reaction with a gas washing bottle to able to breath it safely and that needs lab equipment. I wouldn't experiment here with self made stuff, just for own safety reasons.
a forum member posted an instruction to mitigate it. from the reaction chamber comes a hose which is going perforated in a water bath. gas bubbles through water, impurities trapped in the solution

Attachments

• 138038_Friends_copy.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: frost_
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Yes it may work if you can build it. I personally would use lab equipment for such experiments, that's my opinion. The remaining CO gas will still be a danger for others in the flat/house where you are living, even after you were successful, Please also consider this.

You may look for CO gas cylinders, if sth is available where you live. You'd need to check the concentration.

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
Yes it may work if you can build it. I personally would use lab equipment for such experiments, that's my opinion. The remaining CO gas will still be a danger for others in the flat/house where you are living, even after you were successful, Please also consider this.

You may look for CO gas cylinders, if sth is available where you live. You'd need to check the concentration.

it's a nice option. 100,000ppm> in an instant but CO gas cylinders aren't available either. according to local law it belongs to the same category as HCN, phosgene and chlorine compressed gases belong to. speaking of danger to others fam occasionally leaves me alone for several hours or so i hope to pull this out in this timeframe

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
But, you have time to set up a lab and basically synthesize H2SO4?

anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
But, you have time to set up a lab and basically synthesize H2SO4?
i can do it at night. we've a outhouse building with a gas line located close to the main home. i can boil down the battery acid for around 5 hours/night from 00am to 5-6am. the building is in ramshackle conditions and lacking free space inside basically it used as a tool shed so CO will certainly escape if i bring coals there or i possibly put it on fire messing with them