• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Burn them? Throw them in the garbage? With how long I've been applying, it feels like that's what they do. I send in applications maybe every other day. I've been at it for months, and it's all low pay entry level wageslave bullshit, but I don't even get so much as a rejection call out of courtesy. Doesn't "no one want to work?" Aren't businesses "desperate for new hires?" Is it something wrong with me, am I just so repulsive they can tell through email?

I don't have the money to work on myself or to end it all, what a sick joke.

Edit: I'm just adding this to this thread cause I don't wanna start another one but I just fucking broke something and I'll have to waste money replacing it. God why am I so reckless and stupid! I don't have the goddamn money for this! I don't have the money for anything! I JUST bought this one too! What the hell is wrong with me, am I a child, I can't own anything without breaking it immediately? I'm literally going to run out of money, and when that happens, I really won't be able to live anymore!

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Redleaf1992, Praestat_Mori, Havnis and 2 others
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
I totally understand your frustration. To be honest with you, know one knows, but I like to think some employers just wipe their ass with them. It's probably not you, its just that even entry level jobs are looking for people who have 50 year experience, 49 years experience of managing, good references from Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, and must have a doctorate in rocket science and physics.

• Love
Reactions: psp3000, Praestat_Mori, soulkitty and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I totally understand your frustration. To be honest with you, know one knows, but I like to think some employers just wipe their ass with them. It's probably not you, its just that even entry level jobs are looking for people who have 50 year experience, 49 years experience of managing, good references from Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos, and must have a doctorate in rocket science and physics.
Exactly what you say here. Even for basic jobs they expect degrees, years of experience and so on. It's really frustrating and mind draining.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
A

accountnamerequired

Oct 9, 2023
I can relate totally to this, submitting application after application to no avail. Personally I like to call these unskilled no degree jobs I'm applying to "peasant jobs". Its pretty humiliating every time too lol, I hate the risk of anyone I know coming into these places while I'm there.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight and Praestat_Mori
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I've been on the other side of hiring, receiving applications and done a few interviews. I can tell you it's not you, employers receive a lot of applications and some are just...crazy. I've received job applications where it was just an email with an image that would link to a website. Other applications had nothing to do with the advertised job, like: posting a job about programming and receiving applications from people that work in pastry or art. I even replied asking if the people wanted to work in programming and they said no, so why did they apply? Couldn't do this with everyone as every day my inbox would receive 200+ emails.

The truth is that a lot of people apply for jobs, give 0 thought into it and clog the system. People that look at the applications then need to go through tons and tons of garbage to find the actual good applications and, during that process, several good ones don't make it.

I can totally imagine that for "wage slave jobs" they receive even more garbage applications.

• Informative
Reactions: soulkitty, fleetingnight, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
My brother in law used to work in recruitment. I know alot of companies will have a automated sytem that filters CV's. To avoid it getting filtered your CV will need to have keywords they are looking for.

The advice I was given was to look at the the advertised job role, and see what key words they use to describe the role and make sure they are included in your cv.

For example if the job applications mentions problem solving skills mention problem solving in your cv.

It's a bit of a broken system but as @ForgottenAgain says, they have to deal with so many CVS.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ForgottenAgain
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My brother in law used to work in recruitment. I know alot of companies will have a automated sytem that filters CV's. To avoid it getting filtered your CV will need to have keywords they are looking for.

The advice I was given was to look at the the advertised job role, and see what key words they use to describe the role and make sure they are included in your cv.
That came to my mind years ago that this could be the case. Each CV (and cover letter) would need to be designed for the exact job offer. Like SEO for websites. That would be a huge task in itself to do that for so many different job applications.

I also agree that chances are low to succeed when they get 100's of applications for a certain job offer.

Reactions: fleetingnight
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
That came to my mind years ago that this could be the case. Each CV (and cover letter) would need to be designed for the exact job offer. Like SEO for websites. That would be a huge task in itself to do that for so many different job applications.

I also agree that chances are low to succeed when they get 100's of applications for a certain job offer.
Yeah unfortunately it does involve tailoring your cv for each job.

That said I think you would have a lot more success applying for less but with a high quality application than going for the scatter shot gun approach.

Even if you generic cv got through the system, it will be obviously generic to the person reading the cv and will be beaten everytime by someone who has tailored it.

By tailoring it at least you stand a chance with the few jobs you do apply for.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and XdragonsoulX
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I've been on the other side of hiring, receiving applications and done a few interviews. I can tell you it's not you, employers receive a lot of applications and some are just...crazy. I've received job applications where it was just an email with an image that would link to a website. Other applications had nothing to do with the advertised job, like: posting a job about programming and receiving applications from people that work in pastry or art. I even replied asking if the people wanted to work in programming and they said no, so why did they apply? Couldn't do this with everyone as every day my inbox would receive 200+ emails.
Oh, that's fair, I can see why that's really frustrating on both ends. Thank you for sharing your POV with me. I bet a lot of people use bots to apply to jobs, though I don't know why they would think that's a good idea.

I suppose I'll have to try that. I've tailored it a couple times when it was a job I really really wanted, but just a rare few times. It's definitely pretty exhausting to have to put in that much work for probably another rejection, but as I said, I see that it's not just applicants who are frustrated by it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Redleaf1992