• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Orangee

Orangee

I want to leave this sad world
Apr 6, 2024
I've never really thought about urban climbing before because I used to be awfully afraid of heights, but now that I think about it, I could have so much fun urban climbing, especially since I definitely don't mind dying. I've been scrolling through videos of urban climbing for the past hour and it honestly looks so fun, and the view from the top is also amazing.

Would you try it?

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, soulkitty and Forveleth
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
I've climbed a few tele towers and some buildings, in my past. No fancy landmarks or anything, but it sure was fun.
Suicidal or not, I advice you to be careful and disciplined. Randomly falling from random heights, can cause quite nasty injuries.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty, Orangee and Forveleth
Orangee

Orangee

Apr 6, 2024
Oh wow that's so cool, how do you find ones to climb and avoid getting in trouble?
Suicidal or not, I advice you to be careful and disciplined. Randomly falling from random heights, can cause quite nasty injuries.
You're right, I'll make sure to be careful thanks :)

H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
how do you find ones to climb and avoid getting in trouble?
The tele towers were quite isolated, and surrounded by trees.
The buildings I've climbed has been during night time. People aren't really looking up. As long as one is silent, and stay in the shadows one is mostly fine.
You'll simply have to rely on common sense and risk assessment.

We did get stopped by police a few times scouting for urban exploration spots, though. They treated us as suspected burglars, but couldn't hold us. But that was on the ground, in an industrial area.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Why not just go rock climbing instead? Get yourself the necessary equipment, maybe start at an indoors place for a couple months, then find someone to guide you at the crag.

Risk to yourself aside, if you fall on someone while urban climbing you can also end up hurting them badly. If you're in an area where there's no people around though, go wild, I guess.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't have the balls to do something like that.
But I like seeing things like that sometimes.

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend the YouTube channel: BNT.
He is a Pole who, among other things, climbs skyscrapers.
I get goosebumps when I watch this.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
soulkitty

soulkitty

ロロ□
Apr 6, 2024
I would love to, I really love heights. I always have the urge to climb buildings, I've wanted to climb to the roof of the library in my town for ages lol, but I don't want to risk getting in trouble sadly, or not being able to go back to that library again. I think it would be so much funnn, I agree the views are really amazing. I want to jump from rooftop to rooftop too and do some parkour

Orangee

Orangee

Apr 6, 2024
Why not just go rock climbing instead? Get yourself the necessary equipment, maybe start at an indoors place for a couple months, then find someone to guide you at the crag.

Risk to yourself aside, if you fall on someone while urban climbing you can also end up hurting them badly. If you're in an area where there's no people around though, go wild, I guess.
I don't know, for some reason it just doesn't hold the same amount of interest for me. The view is also not as amazing.

As for urban climbing, I would probably do it at night and make sure that noone's around.

The tele towers were quite isolated, and surrounded by trees.

Oh wow, the view must have been incredible.

The buildings I've climbed has been during night time. People aren't really looking up. As long as one is silent, and stay in the shadows one is mostly fine.
You'll simply have to rely on common sense and risk assessment.

Thanks for the advice :).

I don't have the balls to do something like that.
But I like seeing things like that sometimes.

If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend the YouTube channel: BNT.
He is a Pole who, among other things, climbs skyscrapers.
I get goosebumps when I watch this.

I just watched one of his skyscraper videos, and it's absolutely insane. I definitely don't have the courage nor strength to do shit like that haha. But I must agree, it is very fun to watch.

Reactions: Agon321
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I don't know, for some reason it just doesn't hold the same amount of interest for me. The view is also not as amazing.
If you're actually climbing a multi pitch route (which can be hundreds of metres high), the view can be pretty damn good. Even if you're climbing a much shorter route or even bouldering, if that route is in the right spot then you can see everything as well. I guess it depends on whether you want a view of the city or of nature. To each their own though.

Orangee

Orangee

Apr 6, 2024
If you're actually climbing a multi pitch route (which can be hundreds of metres high), the view can be pretty damn good. Even if you're climbing a much shorter route or even bouldering, if that route is in the right spot then you can see everything as well. I guess it depends on whether you want a view of the city or of nature. To each their own though.
Wow, that does sound pretty great. I'll also have a look into that then. Not sure where I would get the equipment for though. Sounds expensive...

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
Wow, that does sound pretty great. I'll also have a look into that then. Not sure where I would get the equipment for though. Sounds expensive...
How much equipment you need depends on what type of climbing you're doing. It's not cheap, but good equipment is never cheap. You'll also need to find a climbing partner, because there has to be someone to hold the rope and give or take slack accordingly.