• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
I hate covid and it's consequences. Every therapist just wants to do telehealth therapy now. I'm trying to get better I want to get better but how am I suppose to get better if I'm talking to a screen?!?!?! My last therapist was telehealth and she was helpful, but it was hard to truly feel heard and hard to express myself because I don't have a lot of privacy at home.

I'm trying this new company and asked if they had any in person therapy and they said no, only telehealth.
I had another telehealth therapist before, and she would let her kids run around and make noise. I also feel like telehealth therapists arent trained/aren't qualified. Most of them are just there to listen and suck at giving advice. It feels like the world doesn't want me to get better.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vampire2002, Praestat_Mori, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I live alone and I honestly prefer telehealth because I'm often too paranoid to leave the house for anything other than going to work.

• Hugs
Reactions: dogbreath
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I'm tired of it too. I prefer in-person therapy all the way.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, dogbreath and Alexei_Kirillov
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
They don't have to rent an office that way. I think it's a huge disservice to their clients. We all know how much easier it is to not give someone full attention over an online meeting.

Reactions: dogbreath and Alexei_Kirillov
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
The therapists I could get through my employer benefit weren't even on a webcam, it was over the phone. Even worse. I've felt more human connection with AI than with those sessions, it was especially bad because we kept awkwardly interrupting each other because we had no visual cues for who wanted to speak. Plus she kept asking "are you still there?" when I was just trying to listen lol.

I don't click with talk therapy in general but as introverted and lazy homebody as I am, I really think in person is necessary to build rapport.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and dogbreath
dogbreath

dogbreath

Youre not even in the hole, are you?
Feb 13, 2023
Called another company. Page says they offer in person therapy. said only telehealth. I'm going to explode I HATE THIS I HATE THIS I HATE WHAT COVID DID I WANT TO GET BETTER I DONT WANT TO TALK TO A SCREEN I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!I'm crying because I don't want to die I don't want to die but I'm gonna have to if I can't get better I don't want to die but I need to

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Called another company. Page says they offer in person therapy. said only telehealth. I'm going to explode I HATE THIS I HATE THIS I HATE WHAT COVID DID I WANT TO GET BETTER I DONT WANT TO TALK TO A SCREEN I HATE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!I'm crying because I don't want to die I don't want to die but I'm gonna have to if I can't get better I don't want to die but I need to
I'm sorry you have to go through this. I wish I could help you. đź«‚

I also think that in some cases person to person therapy irl is better than online.

• Love
Reactions: dogbreath