• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024
I believe that love is what early humans used to establish their morals to determine what was right and wrong, whether in family, relationships, friends, or society. But what went wrong with my case? I personally don't feel any love toward my family; I am like a stranger to them. I didn't ask them to accept me, but only to understand my thoughts. But they're stubborn. They don't even bother about me; all they care about is that I am alive, as if I am an object of their desire; they totally neglect my emotions and ignore the fact that they make me feel alone. They are supposed to back me up, or at least know who I am; we have the same blood and flesh, for god sake. Ironically In contrast, I found myself in deep love with a person who lived in another country and died long ago, so I didn't have a chance to meet and discuss our thoughts. "She is a very renowned person." We have the same thoughts about life as if we were one person. One day when I was contemplating about her, I didn't literally feel anything toward my mother, which made me terrified for a brief moment. It was a mixed-feeling experience to emancipate myself from a family's bond while at the same time freeing myself to connect with people I love.

Do you think that I am living in delusional fantasy? Also what I am curious about is if you guys have a person(s), "dead or alive," who reflects your thoughts, and you even create some kind of bond with them.

• Hugs
Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Forever Sleep
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Emotional thinking is built on valuing and placing more importance on how something will make you feel vs its effects from a rational perspective.

motorcycles are dangerous but exciting, (emotional thinker)

riding the bus is boring but safe (logical thinking)

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
Emotional thinking is built on valuing and placing more importance on how something will make you feel vs its effects from a rational perspective.

What if I place value on feelings to obtain positive practical effects?

e.g. I'm researching a complicated legal issue and making no progress, leading to anxiety which makes me less efficient, so I make some tea and listen to relaxing music for a bit, giving a beneficial emotion of serenity which will in-turn help me be more productive. The action of drinking tea and listening to relaxing music: is that emotional thinking or logical thinking?

Havnis

Havnis

XXXX'ed out 🌲🌲🌲🌲
May 15, 2024

Unfortunately your premise is true only because material conditions allow it, human's limbic system" emotions part" was the oldest indicator of right and wrong long before they devoleped neocortex "rational part," so you can notice some kind of contradiction in modern society where they value rationality over emotions. I suggest a preference for a form of life that embraces the irrational, the emotional. and the non-productive aspects of human existence, which I believe were suppressed by modernity's emphasis on rationalism and utility.

Also "The limbic brain is the hat of the reptilian brain. The neocortex is the hat of the limbic brain. The skull is the hat of the neocortex. The hair is the hat of the skull. The hat is the hat of the hair"

We are paying the price of betraying our limbic system by being replaced by the hat " machines, AI."
What if I place value on feelings to obtain positive practical effects?

e.g. I'm researching a complicated legal issue and making no progress, leading to anxiety which makes me less efficient, so I make some tea and listen to relaxing music for a bit, giving a beneficial emotion of serenity which will in-turn help me be more productive. The action of drinking tea and listening to relaxing music: is that emotional thinking or logical thinking?
Yes, it is currently considered logical thinking to use emotions as catalyst to be more productive, but the system is headed toward full productivity where emotions deemed as hindrance, I personally know some high status figures who basically advocate for complete ignorance of emotions.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: derpyderpins