• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Title. I don't know how to elaborate without sounding like a schizo. I'm basically asking if machines (androids) for example can reach a point where their actions are indistinguishable from human thought. A perfect recreation of the Human mind if you may. I say no, since machines ultimately have to be programmed and created, so whatever it is capable of is limited to what information we give it. Even if we recreate it as close as possible, there's still the twang of machinery that makes it visibly different from a human. If humanity is defined by it's consciousness than physical presence, can Artificial Intelligence perfectly recreate the Human understanding? Would that make it human or a perfect specimen above human? Would being human make it a burden? Would we, as it's creator, act as gods to these machines?

• Informative
Reactions: marchshift, Zazacosta, Forever Sleep and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They might not have to get better at fooling humans, humans only have to get worse and be tricked more easily. We can already see this now where people both young and old are already getting fooled by AI media.

Reactions: derpyderpins, marchshift, Darkover and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
they won't have emotions so making them have consciousness might not be possible they're made of pure mathematics and electricity the reason we don't have them is that the human mind is very complex and contains a huge amount of atoms compared to today's computer chips by 2050 in 26 years we should have some complex machines that are very smart compared to us, as well as self driving cars

Reactions: marchshift and sserafim
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
AI will eventually become smarter than humans imo, it will reach a singularity. Although that doesn't mean that it will able to mimic humans anymore than we know how to mimic other animals. It could still fool us though, even if it's not human intelligence, and since we can communicate on some level we could teach it how to mimic a human better.

Synthetic life is another possibility. Synthetic humans are currently only possible in science-fiction. However we can already create synthetic life-forms. This wouldn't be human, but it would be another form of life. If you think about e.g. Blade Runner, there are already synthetic animals in that universe that are indistinguishable from real animals.

Androids can already possess more knowledge than it is possible for a human to learn in their life-time.

It would take 150,000-400,000 years for a human to read out/watch the entire contents of 30 TB of information, which can be stored on the single largest hard drives currently available. So between 2000-5000 full lifetimes of human knowledge, if that human spent their entire life learning, and assuming the android only had one hard drive from 2024. Which again is nothing compared to the internet, which is over 64B TB in size.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: marchshift, CTB Dream, soulkitty and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Seeming like a human isn't the same as being a human. It's kind of like a Viceroy butterfly vs a Monarch butterfly. Sure, they seem very similar if not nearly indistinguishable to those who don't have much knowledge of butterflies, but they aren't the same. Being human comes down to your biology at the end of the day. You have to be born human to be one. A super advanced AI would be its own separate thing. It can only be made to mimic a human but it can never truly be one. At least that's my current view on the matter.

Slightly unrelated, but this kind of reminds me of The Nest. The story revolves around this anxious and mentally ill boy whose baby brother is sick with some sort of illness that the doctors are unable to diagnose it. He ends up having all these weird dreams about what he at first thinks are angels, but is later revealed to be these silver wasps from the nest right by his baby brother's window. He ends up finding out that they are using his DNA to create a new baby that they plan on replacing his brother with. The story is kind of weird and a bit fucked up since it revolves around a boy being manipulated by a bunch of eugenics wasps who want to replace give him a brand new brother and then eat the "defective" one.

The baby that they are creating is supposed this perfect being. From his looks to intellect, everything about him was carefully constructed. However, at some point he ends up looking the new baby in the eyes and realizes that he basically isn't human. He has no innocence, he's so perfect and so above anyone else that he'll never be able to relate to others. He has no sense of humanity.

The book talks quite a bit about the flaws and quirks we all have as humans and is honestly my favourite book despite it being more geared towards children. Unlike other books (particularly children's books) that talk about these things in a manner that feels very surface-level and talks down to it's audience, this book explores it in a surprisingly more in-depth and mature manner.

• Informative
innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
I hope so. Then I won't need to socialize. Imagine friends who never die, leave or treat you like shit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Experienced
Jan 27, 2024
Title. I don't know how to elaborate without sounding like a schizo. I'm basically asking if machines (androids) for example can reach a point where their actions are indistinguishable from human thought. A perfect recreation of the Human mind if you may. I say no, since machines ultimately have to be programmed and created, so whatever it is capable of is limited to what information we give it. Even if we recreate it as close as possible, there's still the twang of machinery that makes it visibly different from a human. If humanity is defined by it's consciousness than physical presence, can Artificial Intelligence perfectly recreate the Human understanding? Would that make it human or a perfect specimen above human? Would being human make it a burden? Would we, as it's creator, act as gods to these machines?
we dont even know everything about a human brain, let alone all human brains, so i dont think so, at least not in the next decade.

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Disabled. Hard talk, don't argue, make fun, etc
Sep 17, 2022
Thry posbl make human human lmt info can rplct this only prctc prblm cuz many info need many advnc etc

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Seeming like a human isn't the same as being a human. It's kind of like a Viceroy butterfly vs a Monarch butterfly. Sure, they seem very similar if not nearly indistinguishable to those who don't have much knowledge of butterflies, but they aren't the same. Being human comes down to your biology at the end of the day. You have to be born human to be one. A super advanced AI would be its own separate thing. It can only be made to mimic a human but it can never truly be one. At least that's my current view on the matter.

Slightly unrelated, but this kind of reminds me of The Nest. The story revolves around this anxious and mentally ill boy whose baby brother is sick with some sort of illness that the doctors are unable to diagnose it. He ends up having all these weird dreams about what he at first thinks are angels, but is later revealed to be these silver wasps from the nest right by his baby brother's window. He ends up finding out that they are using his DNA to create a new baby that they plan on replacing his brother with. The story is kind of weird and a bit fucked up since it revolves around a boy being manipulated by a bunch of eugenics wasps who want to replace give him a brand new brother and then eat the "defective" one.

The baby that they are creating is supposed this perfect being. From his looks to intellect, everything about him was carefully constructed. However, at some point he ends up looking the new baby in the eyes and realizes that he basically isn't human. He has no innocence, he's so perfect and so above anyone else that he'll never be able to relate to others. He has no sense of humanity.

The book talks quite a bit about the flaws and quirks we all have as humans and is honestly my favourite book despite it being more geared towards children. Unlike other books (particularly children's books) that talk about these things in a manner that feels very surface-level and talks down to it's audience, this book explores it in a surprisingly more in-depth and mature manner.
What if you could tie down humanity to an algorithm and recreate people through AI?

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
I know in my head that we're just a sack of meat and liquid and our thoughts are just chemicals firing, but I can't bring myself to think ai or machinery could ever get being human down correctly.

Such an AI would have to learn. A lot. It reminds me of Westworld, how they had to give the robots memories. I just don't think it would actually recreate the human experience.

When we talk about a machine passing as a human, it's normally in a positive interaction: asking it questions or chatting about a topic. But what about the irrationalities? What about the growth?

Would an ai really stubbornly hold on to an irrational view? Would an ai really have a drive to believe in some type of higher power? Would an AI latch onto a bad influence or fall for a "bad boy" and ignore more positive influences?

Would the AI handle frustration as a human would? Would an AI find someone annoying and stop the conversation in a believable way? Would it feel guilty after upsetting someone, motivating different behaviors going forward? Would it feel the pain in its gut when someone close to it dies? Would it have stomach problems when it's anxious? Would its MBTI type change over time?

I don't think putting experiences and lessons and traumas and faults in an AI's code is the same as coming across them naturally. So, I don't think it could be fully human, even if it's something smarter and better. We change far too much as we go through life, and those changes make us what we are.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim