• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kilowatt

kilowatt

A gun is the greatest negociator
Sep 9, 2023
For a while now I've been really wary of more and more underage teens being active on this website. Of course, I have absolutely no way to prove it, but it's easy to spot hints and have suspicions. Not to bring up the amount of people I've seen slipping out things like ''I can't get _ I'm a minor'', ''I'm only in highschool'' etc. I don't mean to invalidate teens for their idealizations as I felt the same way at their age but I can't help but feel worried. Not only they have a yet underdeveloped brain, but this site strictly forbids members under the age of 18. I assume this is not the best place Twitter kids can wander around. I know for a fact 16 year old me would've taken for granted anything on here and swing suicide like it's nothing.
Of course, I can't personally do or prove anything regarding this, but I'm curious if other members have such guesses.

• Informative
Reactions: ion, Praestat_Mori, Tikialia and 20 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Minors have signed up before and availed themselves of resources here and there probably is an undetermined number of them either lurking or participating in disguise. Blame Tantacrul for directing a whole school system's worth of them this way.

No one should hesitate to ask for age clarification if there are any doubts though if someone outright says "I'm a minor" then smash that report button and the mods will handle it quickly.

Reactions: ion, Praestat_Mori, TooConscious and 17 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
On any site that doesn't verify people using ID, there are going to be underage people who sign up. That's just the nature of the Internet. I don't know if there is any solution, tbh.

Reactions: Linda, Praestat_Mori, quietandsad113 and 17 others
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
It does worry me the thought of underage people on this site, but I do feel for them. I'm only 19, when I was under 18 I had absolutely nowhere except like shtwt to talk about this kind of thing (granted I didn't know SaSu existed at the time but I digress). So I can understand why they would lie about their age to access the site, although it is wrong, I don't think it's from any place of malice. I think SaSu is a lot safer then shtwt, I'd rather them be here then there. Kids need a place to talk about this sort of thing too I suppose, just because someone is young doesn't mean they can't suffer as much as we do.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LetMeBeSad, ladylazarus4 and 8 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I thought the same thing after the "site going down/more guests than users" stuff died down

but I would hope that the mods aren't just letting anyone and everyone in and are actually looking for coincidences and strange signs because I wouldn't want to report someone for probably being a minor and then being wrong

so I just ignore my suspicions in hopes that the person/users are just adults who are a bit childish

but yeah, I feel like there are probably a lot of minors here now which makes me feel like either the mods will hopefully start investigating soon or be more watchful before the demise of the site due to the amount of minors that no one really knows about or that people know about but aren't sure/don't have any proof except a gut feeling

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, pilotviolin, kilowatt and 1 other person
L

LaughingGoat

Arcanist
Apr 11, 2024
It's not much different from youtube or other sites where there are certain age restrictions. I definitely don't hold it against them, but would probably be best though if they at least don't mention being in high school.

Reactions: Forveleth, ijustwishtodie and Relic
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
I think you are right about that. There seems to be mostly younger people here and that is understandable. I myself am not one of them and therefore I do not really fit in here but I have no choice since no website can replace Sanctioned Suicide. It is not possible to talk to people about death and suicide. I hope I won´t be here too long. Writing about death will not make it happen.

Reactions: peaches, ladylazarus4, fancifulfate and 6 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Suicide resources can be found on Wikipedia and Google so what difference does it make? I get we have the 18+ rule here and in principle I do agree with.. it but the right to die is universal in most countries, there are no age restrictions.

In some countries like here in the UK... kids are meant to be 13+ to sign up for things but you see all sorts with phones and tablets. I don't think you are going to stop it, if someone wants to find a way they will.

I guess report it if you suspect it.

• Love
Reactions: halleyscomet, kilowatt and Forveleth
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
For a while now I've been really wary of more and more underage teens being active on this website. Of course, I have absolutely no way to prove it, but it's easy to spot hints and have suspicions. Not to bring up the amount of people I've seen slipping out things like ''I can't get _ I'm a minor'', ''I'm only in highschool'' etc. I don't mean to invalidate teens for their idealizations as I felt the same way at their age but I can't help but feel worried. Not only they have a yet underdeveloped brain, but this site strictly forbids members under the age of 18. I assume this is not the best place Twitter kids can wander around. I know for a fact 16 year old me would've taken for granted anything on here and swing suicide like it's nothing.
Of course, I can't personally do or prove anything regarding this, but I'm curious if other members have such guesses.

I've found a concerning number of posts including "exams", "parents", "need to ctb with minimal cost/without being heard/discovered" which is always concerning. . . the anime profile pictures also don't help.

• Love
Reactions: akwa, peaches, Alexei_Kirillov and 2 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
I've found a concerning number of posts including "exams", "parents", "need to ctb with minimal cost/without being heard/discovered" which is always concerning. . . the anime profile pictures also don't help.
To be fair, there are a decent amount of people above 18 who live with their parents, especially in high cost of living areas. Maybe they're in post-secondary education. Maybe they don't have a job.

Reactions: limeoctave, rozeske, ladylazarus4 and 13 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
If I may ask, how exactly do the things you've described indicate that the users are kids? With regards to exams, they could be referring to exams in university. It's possible for people over 18 to still be doing exams. I also can't comprehend how saying "parents" implies that the users are kids either; have you never heard of any adults living with their parents? Not everybody has the ability to be independent

Reactions: nox_ghoul, eatantz, rozeske and 6 others
B

BardBarrie

Experienced
Mar 17, 2024
If I may ask, how exactly do the things you've described indicate that the users are kids? With regards to exams, they could be referring to exams in university. It's possible for people over 18 to still be doing exams. I also can't comprehend how saying "parents" implies that the users are kids either; have you never heard of any adults living with their parents? Not everybody has the ability to be independent
Whilst the scenarios you've listed are indeed possible, I guess sometimes it's just a gut feeling.

Reactions: kilowatt
alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
Obviously yes. Minors can be severely depressed and suicidal too, it would be naive to think otherwise. Also, this website attracts a lot of curiosity from all age groups.

I don't think minors should be here, but then again, I don't think anyone should. It's a shame people feel this way about their lives, and it's even worse they can't do anything but die by their own hands in a painful way.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, rozeske, kilowatt and 1 other person
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
We do our best to filter out underaged users.
If you think someone is really very young please report.

You can't always know unfortunately, if we really have our doubts we ask for proof.

There will always be kids who sign up unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Praestat_Mori, rozeske and 11 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I don't really get the idea there are a lot here. I wish there was a better site just for venting that's okay for minors, that we could direct them to. That would help. I wanna clarify, it's not an excuse for minors disregarding the rules and being here, I think it's wrong and it disrespects the mods and everyone here. But I can at least sympathize with the feeling that you have nowhere else to turn to, I understand how that could impair their judgement. I just hope they'll realize they need to leave and find community somewhere else. Vent and Muttr used to be kind of okay sites for it, but Vent is too censored now, and Muttr has been down for over a year (and the moderation was pretty shit, but I still miss it)

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and kilowatt
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
If anyone says they are outright a minor I never hesitate to report. I will be honest, sometimes the gut feeling I get is from the people posting about living with their parents, not having access, etc who then post about friendship or relationship struggles that are described in a very naive way. I don't blame them for coming here, hell I was browsing lostallhope at 12, but for the sanctity of the site as well as my own conscious I just can't interact with those sorts of things and I never hesitate to report. I understand being a minor and being suicidal, but I could never in my right conscious willingly talk with a minor about things on here. It's the exact reason I don't engage with eating disorder forums, they don't have an age restriction.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, wCvML2, Goku Black and 6 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
If anyone says they are outright a minor I never hesitate to report. I will be honest, sometimes the gut feeling I get is from the people posting about living with their parents, not having access, etc who then post about friendship or relationship struggles that are described in a very naive way. I don't blame them for coming here, hell I was browsing lostallhope at 12, but for the sanctity of the site as well as my own conscious I just can't interact with those sorts of things and I never hesitate to report. I understand being a minor and being suicidal, but I could never in my right conscious willingly talk with a minor about things on here. It's the exact reason I don't engage with eating disorder forums, they don't have an age restriction.
I know what ED forum you're probably talking about. I've been on there for 8 years under different accounts, and I'm in my early-mid 20s. I still see some really young kids on there nowadays, and I was probably one of the young kids when I first joined. I was on Tieba as well, which is basically the Chinese version of Reddit. I learned how to induce vomiting using a tube, through the ED forum on that website. Nowadays there's another Chinese social media website called Little Red Book and there are no age restrictions on there. I see 10, 11, 12 year old kids post openly about their eating disorders on there. The internet really is a double edged sword.

Last edited:
persimmon

persimmon

Student
Jan 21, 2024
I do think anti-natalism, blackpill and Kevin the Teenager style 'I didn't ask to be born!!!' positions are things you should have grown out of by your 13th birthday so I think you're onto something here. A lot of that style of thinking around.

Reactions: ColorlessTrees, psp3000, Esokabat and 2 others
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Some users are suspect. Could care less either way who registers here or what they're on here for, even though I reported one in the past. It's going to be nigh impossible to stop them from registering unless they asked for verification upon registration. So it's not like the age requirement is going to be filtering anyone out, or bar them from registering.
There was one here looking for a partner to CTB with that turned out to be extremely young.

Reactions: kilowatt and Forveleth
halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
To be fair, there are a decent amount of people above 18 who live with their parents, especially in high cost of living areas. Maybe they're in post-secondary education. Maybe they don't have a job.
For me I'm 19 and technically I haven't even finished high school yet. (I have my GCSES but no post 16 qualifications). I'm going back to school this September, although I'm probably going to be the only adult in my class. It was pretty awkward going to the taster day and being the oldest one there lol they were all 15/16! A lot of people on here are disabled or mentally ill, so it's reasonable a lot of us haven't finished school and still live with our parents.

• Hugs
Reactions: eatantz, kilowatt, Forveleth and 4 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm a 30 year old who still lives with his mom and is into a lot of childish franchises but I don't care. I still report everyone I even moderately suspect of being a minor. I have zero sympathy for anyone who thinks they're above following the rules just because they're young. It's especially because they are young that they should realize that simply even clicking on this site endangers it for everyone who is of legal age and has every right to be using this site and benefiting from it.

To me, minors who use this site and don't even care to cover their tracks from their guardians through VPNs or even deleting their search history are just as selfish and ignorant as the people who probably led them to feeling suicidal enough in the first place. If you can't wait a few years to take your own life knowing you're going to make it more difficult for everyone else to do so down the line then you're bad too. If you think you're so mature enough then you should at least be aware of that.

Reactions: eatantz, rozeske, kilowatt and 3 others
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I do think anti-natalism, blackpill and Kevin the Teenager style 'I didn't ask to be born!!!' positions are things you should have grown out of by your 13th birthday so I think you're onto something here. A lot of that style of thinking around.
Probably most members fall somewhere on the antinatalist spectrum, so that's a pretty odd thing to claim.

Reactions: sserafim, rozeske, ijustwishtodie and 4 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't know, but there seems to be a "younger" deluge of users passing through SaSu, lately. Hard to tell for certain. If I read a post and suspect that the OP might be a minor, I usually just pass the post by without giving any advice or comment.

Reactions: Callie Arcale, Praestat_Mori, ConfusedClouds and 1 other person
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
There are a handful of users that I have a gut feeling/are 99% certain are children from my own personal experiences with social media and knowing what kids these days are into/act like, but I have no concrete evidence of them being children and it worries me so much.

Reactions: kilowatt, ColorlessTrees and psp3000
A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Tantacrul: Minors could be on SS!

Also Tantacrul: let's make a video about the website and upload it on a platform full of kids, put hardly any effort into actually preventing people from finding it and fight the age restriction youtube placed on it.

Tantacrul is responsible for thousands of people finding this site and no doubt minors too, unfortunately.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LilysAngel, rozeske and 3 others
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
well, my user name is "the boy" but I'm not really a boy

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Minors typically give out hints. The obvious one is saying they're in high school, and I've ran into a few of them, 18 and below. Other hints may be unable to shop for things on their own, especially for non-sketchy purchases such as food. Of course, some might of just turned 18, unable to drive/access public transport, or had to repeat a grade or two.

It may be an unpopular opinion, especially since I was included in this group and put into forced recovery, but I'm against advocating or giving suicide methods to minors and hope they at least wait until they're 18-20 to make the decision when the ruckus of being in the school system and chaotic social life is over.
If I found this forum when I was 16, I probably would of CTB'd by now. Some people recover entering adulthood, others struggle. At that point, SaSu is open for them.

With this forum being public however, it's only natural for minors to come here, guest or registered. It's based on a socially anomalous opinion which teens tend to be attracted to. After all, hearing "Hey guys there's a website that teaches you to kill yourself" from someone when raised in a controlled safe environment might peak curiosity as to how or why.

It's best to report them when spotted, like what everyone else is saying. I don't even like talking to under 18s outside SaSu.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kilowatt, ColorlessTrees and 2 others
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
''I'm only in highschool''
High school isn't an indicator of ones age. Every 18 and 19yo I know is in high school. I even know a few 20 and above that still go to high school.

Reactions: Forveleth and halleyscomet
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
High school isn't an indicator of ones age. Every 18 and 19yo I know is in high school. I even know a few 20 and above that still go to high school.
High school is different country to country. Where I live many finish high school at 18 but it is very rare to find anyone older than that. By the same token, sometimes people graduate early and start college at only 17.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, kilowatt and Forveleth
EmptyHeaded

EmptyHeaded

Experienced
Jan 24, 2024
High school is different country to country. Where I live many finish high school at 18 but it is very rare to find anyone older than that. By the same token, sometimes people graduate early and start college at only 17.
Which makes it even less of an indicator. In my country, most people go to high school till around 19.