felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Hi I'd like to go off my 10 mg zyprexa. Its been making me fat and ruining my brain. Was wondering if it's a good idea even if I go slowly, or if there are any people on here who can give me their experiences/tips On the med or going off it. Thanks

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
A long slow taper is best, if you don't mind me asking what are you taking it for? Unwanted symptoms that it might be treating might reoccur. You'll only find out one way I suppose.

Reactions: Sensei
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
A long slow taper is best, if you don't mind me asking what are you taking it for? Unwanted symptoms that it might be treating might reoccur. You'll only find out one way I suppose.
Psychosis

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Are you having symptoms of psychosis on meds? If meds are controlling it you risk having symptoms again if you quit your meds. I guess you know that already. Some come off meds and are ok some don't.

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Are you having symptoms of psychosis on meds? If meds are controlling it you risk having symptoms again if you quit your meds. I guess you know that already. Some come off meds and are ok some don't.
Tbh I think I have some symtoms and going off and on this drug made them worse than if I never took the drug at all. I just don't want my brain to feel like mush. I want it to recover and I like it better when I'm not on it and my weight goes way down.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
Tbh I think I have some symtoms and going off and on this drug made them worse than if I never took the drug at all. I just don't want my brain to feel like mush. I want it to recover and I like it better when I'm not on it and my weight goes way down.
Only you can decide what do, it wouldn't be responsible of me to suggest what you should do. I know anti-psychotics do have some side effects as i've experienced them and read about them but i don't ever want to go back to the nightmare delusions I was having. You may cope well off them, or you may not. Have you considered asking your doc for a different med?

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Only you can decide what do, it wouldn't be responsible of me to suggest what you should do. I know anti-psychotics do have some side effects as i've experienced them and read about them but i don't ever want to go back to the nightmare delusions I was having. You may cope well off them, or you may not. Have you considered asking your doc for a different med?
I'm in the process of switching to abilify

Reactions: terry_a_davis