G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
as of now, i've been taking zoloft for about a week. for those who don't know, zoloft is an anti depressant. i've heard many people say not to take anti depressants due to the side effects, but others say they really helped. should i continue taking them or no? i don't plan to end my life within the next month or so, and within that time period i'd prefer not to be experiencing wacky side effects. thank you

Reactions: bbq1 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Well I was on Zoloft for years nothing really happened to me while on it but It didn't change anything for me. I only had issues getting off the medication. Everybody is different I was on 200mg for a long time. So I would say It's up to the person. It helped but at the same time it really numbed all feelings and didn't help at all with my depression.

Reactions: Nofaith and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Can go terribly wrong

Reactions: Nofaith
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
If you're not having side effects keep going. They say these things take 6 weeks to show any improvement. If it doesn't then they can be swapped for another type.

Reactions: Kogoruhn and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Kogoruhn

Kogoruhn

Student
May 20, 2018
Antidepressants can take up to one month to completely work so you should wait to see if the medication helps you.
I would not worry about secondary effects, at least for me ssri's made me a bit more sleepy during the day, and delayed ejaculation

Reactions: bbq1 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals