• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dump224477

dump224477

a mess
Mar 18, 2023
got zoloft (25mg) first time on medication and its very scary

anyone here been on it? how was it?

pretty straightforward but ive seen people talking about it on reddit and i just want to know if its really that terrifying.

im only on my 2nd day.. and i feel like i already am having some side effects.. either that or placebo lmao

ty for reading

Reactions: Callie Arcale
Amaterasu

Amaterasu

When It Ends
Apr 7, 2023
It's pretty common to have side effects for the first couple of weeks, if they either don't settle or worsen you might want to try something else though.

I was on 200mg for a couple of years until I got off it entirely because it plateaued its effectiveness. In terms of side effects, the only one that I can definitively recall was that I had pretty severe hand tremors which lasted even for some time after coming off it.

Reactions: dump224477
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
that is a lpw starter dose. It's generally okay - you might get start up side effects so do the best you can to wait them out, get to the right dose and give it enough time to work. Facebook has medication support groups if you need support to keep going. Give it twelve weeks plus so you try it properly and hope you feel better before then…

dump224477

dump224477

a mess
Mar 18, 2023
that is a lpw starter dose. It's generally okay - you might get start up side effects so do the best you can to wait them out, get to the right dose and give it enough time to work. Facebook has medication support groups if you need support to keep going. Give it twelve weeks plus so you try it properly and hope you feel better before then…
ty for this, can you tell me when youve found the right amount of dose? or is it just a trial and error kind of thing
It's pretty common to have side effects for the first couple of weeks, if they either don't settle or worsen you might want to try something else though.

I was on 200mg for a couple of years until I got off it entirely because it plateaued its effectiveness. In terms of side effects, the only one that I can definitively recall was that I had pretty severe hand tremors which lasted even for some time after coming off it.
is finding the right dose a trial and error thing?

NotRocketScience

NotRocketScience

Apr 21, 2023
I've tested Zoloft for a period of 6 months. Personally, I got no "good" or side effects, despite some lights headaches from time to time.
You should give a try to see if it's effective on yourself.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
ty for this, can you tell me when youve found the right amount of dose? or is it just a trial and error kind of thing

is finding the right dose a trial and error thing?
It says the dose is 50 mg, though you can go up to 200. I'd say follow your doctor's advice. If yoy give give 50 mg a good amount of time then it can be raisef.

The reviews I've just read are so good it makes me want to try it again. I wussed out at week one, but the reviews say to stick out the first weeks then it's life changing. (I did stick it out with a different med but because I hasd different side effects)…

anyway here are the people who love it:

Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Yepp, I was on it for many years. It did the job it was supposed to.

I would have stayed on it, had it not been for the side effects. Some people only get side effects in the beginning, others - like me - are sensitive to changes in serotonin level and get permanent side effects.

I wish you good luck!

dump224477

dump224477

a mess
Mar 18, 2023
Yepp, I was on it for many years. It did the job it was supposed to.

I would have stayed on it, had it not been for the side effects. Some people only get side effects in the beginning, others - like me - are sensitive to changes in serotonin level and get permanent side effects.

I wish you good luck!
thank you!
may be dumb question but do you get withdrawals lol? is that a thing that happens? sorry if silly, also how do you stop? do you just stop taking it one day or do you lower dose overtime then stop

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
thank you!
may be dumb question but do you get withdrawals lol? is that a thing that happens? sorry if silly, also how do you stop? do you just stop taking it one day or do you lower dose overtime then stop
With any SSRI it's always best to taper down slowly. When I came off Citalopram it took a few months. Initially with a pill splitter to half the 20mg tablets, then a half tablet every other day.
this was under the guidance of the CPN Team, Psychiatrist & GP. Your attending health professional should give you guidance as to cessation.
It's possible you might wish to visit the Recovery threads if you're giving Zoloft a go. There may well be other members there in a similar position to yourself with whom you can relate.
Every good wish.

Last edited:
N

no.factory.farms

Dec 21, 2022
Are you still on it? Does it seem to help? 25 mg seems to be helping me.