D

deathismymeaning

did not consent to being alive
Nov 19, 2021
over the years i've been in and out of the hospital many times due to attempts, but recently after an attempt a social worker was talking to me in the hospital and she said without hesitation "you don't actually wanna die i know that", like i'm sorry what? oh so it's fun to suffer yes yep that's exactly what it is ma'am, she was saying that she doesn't think i'm trying to kill myself because none of my attempts have been near fatal (most of the them were when i was under 18 so my resources were more limited) she basically continued to said that i had no reason to want to die and that i just needed to get more busy. she said "the people who really wanna die don't end up in the hospital they just go somewhere quietly and end it without anyone ever suspecting it". my question to her is so now that i have failed again i should just try until i succeed because otherwise it's considered attention seeking. i really hate this system they contradict themselves with every word.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, steviewonder, GreenTree and 17 others
porhtna

porhtna

bad rng.
Dec 1, 2021
?? And she calls herself a social worker? 😡

Reactions: demuic, GreenTree, deathismymeaning and 6 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, steviewonder, dustbiter and 16 others
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
"Ma'am, if you really wanted to help people, you'd be offering me a lethal injection"

Reactions: demuic, TJuk, deathismymeaning and 8 others

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
u could literally kill urself and these people would say u don't want to die

• Love
Reactions: demuic, dreadpirateroberts69, deathismymeaning and 8 others
Itsallover123

Itsallover123

Student
Nov 14, 2021
People love to invalidate others. They want to be right about everything. That "social worker" is disgusting

• Aww..
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, deathismymeaning, Maaizr and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
my money on this all been for nothing within the next 100 years biological virus digital virus a world war or a catastrophe, i know if i had any power at all i would kill everything and be nothing for all time why because life is just evil

Reactions: Rogue Proxy and ClownMe
Z

Zoli771202

Oct 24, 2021
I don't want to die, I just don't want to exist.

Reactions: rationaltake, HeckingHecked, AbsoluteNothingness and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think she's got this backwards. The people that are completely desperate to die are less likely to formulate a solid plan and calmly exit. That's done with a relatively cool head, meaning that you're not tortured by existence to the point of hysteria. In addition, chance is a big factor for why one impulsive attempt fails and another one doesn't. As is the person in question's own traits, which are unrelated to how much they want to die.

People are wrong so often, smh. Ban speech.

Reactions: GreenTree and deathismymeaning
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People like that should be ignored. Suicide is very difficult after all. The society denies us the option of peaceful methods so we have to resort to methods that could fail. All humans are programmed to survive as well, even know we want to die it goes against our instinct to survive. Non suicidal people would never be able to comprehend what it is like, they do not understand.
Nobody needs a 'reason' to die. We have the right to exit at a time of our own choosing, none of us asked to exist in the first place. Suicide is a personal decision.

Reactions: demuic, AbsoluteNothingness and deathismymeaning
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
I am so so sorry. People need to stop invalidating others' experiences and feelings. I'm sorry. She doesn't even deserve to be a social worker. Ugh why are people-

Reactions: thefoodispoison, Suicidebydeath, deathismymeaning and 1 other person
HeckingHecked

HeckingHecked

Student
Nov 9, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: demuic, deathismymeaning and looseye
layne2001

layne2001

Jan 27, 2021
Not a surprise. Nurses and doctors are some of the least empathetic people I've ever met

Reactions: demuic, TJuk, HeckingHecked and 2 others
I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
over the years i've been in and out of the hospital many times due to attempts, but recently after an attempt a social worker was talking to me in the hospital and she said without hesitation "you don't actually wanna die i know that", like i'm sorry what? oh so it's fun to suffer yes yep that's exactly what it is ma'am, she was saying that she doesn't think i'm trying to kill myself because none of my attempts have been near fatal (most of the them were when i was under 18 so my resources were more limited) she basically continued to said that i had no reason to want to die and that i just needed to get more busy. she said "the people who really wanna die don't end up in the hospital they just go somewhere quietly and end it without anyone ever suspecting it". my question to her is so now that i have failed again i should just try until i succeed because otherwise it's considered attention seeking. i really hate this system they contradict themselves with every word.
I was told by a social worker when I told them I had written my note that morning, that I wasn't really suicidal and was discharged. The next morning I was found an hour away from succeeding according to drs, spent 2 days on a ventilator and 5 days in ICU. Needless to say, I was sectioned and taken seriously after that. Still didn't help though

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, TJuk, deathismymeaning and 1 other person
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Fuck them. I also had bad experience with stuff treated me like a drug abuser without any reason (I never took drugs) or they told me I feel too good for a clinic stay despite the fact I was in a horrible mixed-bipolar episode

Reactions: deathismymeaning
D

deathismymeaning

did not consent to being alive
Nov 19, 2021
I think she's got this backwards. The people that are completely desperate to die are less likely to formulate a solid plan and calmly exit. That's done with a relatively cool head, meaning that you're not tortured by existence to the point of hysteria. In addition, chance is a big factor for why one impulsive attempt fails and another one doesn't. As is the person in question's own traits, which are unrelated to how much they want to die.

People are wrong so often, smh. Ban speech.
very well put, i think this is an issue that one would not understand unless they have personally dealt with it because from an outsiders perspective most people would make similar comments because like you said they really have no idea how much power this can have over a person mind

T

thefoodispoison

Student
Oct 14, 2021
Even if she had been right and you didn't truly want to die and it's just a cry for help/attention or whatever... that's... not at all the appropriate way for her respond to that.

Reactions: deathismymeaning
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Yes I think people who succeed in their suicide aren't too mentally fucked up and can plan it better. People like me who are too fucked up can't plan a decent way out of this hell.