Volo vent

Volo vent

Sep 20, 2021
It really piss me off how people speak about self improvement a lot of people that says this is either in false hope or they got lucky in life.
For me being born in a poor country and also being in general useless for all and mentally fucked since a young age is almost like a dead sentence, the few good things i have in life are all the time in thin ice and my future seems grim once that small stability is gone the small material security i have is the only i have to keep going then i see people that is in many cases as useless or stupid as me but just because they were born with better conditions than me they are well off for the rest of their lives makes me want to die and depress me a lot i have been thinking in burn all i have and have a travel of self indulgecy on bad things just to end it nice and comfy

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, siray, Skathon and 7 others
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Toxic self improvement mentality is very annoying. Life is very unfair and self improvement cannot fix extreme disadvantages. Sometimes someone just needs to have their emotions and struggles heard instead of being told to read Marcus Aurelius or check their circadian rhythm. You have to be in a privileged position for these armchair coaches to turn your life around.

It is understandable why they would frustrate you so much. That sounds very infuriating from where you are.

Reactions: Bleh, Pisceslilith, FuneralCry and 3 others
Chiisai

Chiisai

To infinity and beyond!
Sep 1, 2021
I used to believe in self improvement and I have been advocating it in the past as I too struggled with conditions that limited my social, financial, and physical gains. I struggled to overcome it for years and was able to get a decent profession. However, maintaining all this regimen/routines just to be "normal" is exhausting and with the pandemic going, horrors of the past haunted me back. Thinking of trying to overcome it again is exhausting as the process I took to become acceptable in society is exhausting itself. I just want to be at peace now.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Pisceslilith
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
life is a rigged game from the start, with no winners and death is the only way out of it. but that' s just my opinion, not an encouragement.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Skathon, CC123 and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Self-improvement will only work for people whose life situation is reasonably workable, or who can find some purpose other than material success. We have to decide for ourselves where to draw the line.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Pisceslilith, Skathon and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Arghh yes, cliche self improvement advice, which is mostly given by people who were sad for a few days one month... I hate it.

If you're born in a shitty situation then there really isn't anything you can do to improve your situation. I feel your pain.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Ashu, Pisceslilith and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is certainly unfair. Many people are disadvantaged right from the start through no fault of their own. It is all determined by chance. It is why I see it as better to never exist in the first place. I'm sorry you are suffering. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu, Journeytoletgo and Pisceslilith