DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
What is the most soothing, comforting sound for you? For me, oddly it's the sound of shower running. But I've actually found quite a few people who share this sentiment. I would say number two is the sound of rain on a tin roof and number three might be a wood burning fire. Whats yours?

• Hugs
Reactions: Meteora, RemainingDubious, 4am and 3 others
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Fan noise sound for me as it's really the only thing that helps me sleep nowadays.

• Hugs
Reactions: Green Destiny, RemainingDubious, whywere and 1 other person
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Sitting on Waikiki beach at night with the moon shining over the white cap waves and listening to the gentle rhythmic sound of them, just fantastic.

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, RemainingDubious, sserafim and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Rain or ocean waves. I'm a basic bitch.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious, Malaria, DoomedDarkCircles and 3 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
The crackling sound of a wood burning fire

The sound of the waves as they crash onto shore

The sound of silence when you look out at the vast night sky speckled with stars, and feel a sense of nostalgia

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Malaria, 4am, DarkRange55 and 3 others
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
my fav sound is loon call, it's always used to show big dark scary forest at night in movies but i just find it relaxing. also i like the sound of wind, like if there's just wind and no extraneous noise, like when you are high up in the mountains

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
my fav sound is loon call, it's always used to show big dark scary forest at night in movies but i just find it relaxing. also i like the sound of wind, like if there's just wind and no extraneous noise, like when you are high up in the mountains
Love the loon also. Darn, might give away where I am. The Loon is our governments bird.

Walter

Reactions: 4am
DoomedDarkCircles

DoomedDarkCircles

Feb 23, 2024
Rain, tree leaves on the wind or my cat's purring

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious, sserafim, whywere and 1 other person
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I've got a ton of misophonia, so I like complete silence. Failing that, I've got a white noise machine which I like to use to drown out other sounds. I also find audiobooks to be to my liking. I also really like the sound of strong wind.

Reactions: broth0100 and sserafim
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Ocean waves by far are my favorite. That is one of the most peaceful and calming sounds, it's hard to put into words how comforting it is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: falling_snow, whywere and sserafim
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

All of these lies are not worth fighting for
Feb 18, 2024
my favourite is inappropriate. i really dislike silence, it actually makes me really uncomfortable for some unknown reason. i quite like white noise. i knew someone who had a YouTube channel and they used to read ghost stories, but they used to send me to sleep cause i loved the sound of her voice it was so soothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Green Destiny
J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I like the rain.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and RemainingDubious
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
What is the most soothing, comforting sound for you? For me, oddly it's the sound of shower running. But I've actually found quite a few people who share this sentiment. I would say number two is the sound of rain on a tin roof and number three might be a wood burning fire. Whats yours?

i wonder if anyone actually finds The Wilhelm Scream their most soothing/comforting sound?

• Yay!
Reactions: cgrtt.brns
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Me Inside ....

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
It's weird, the other day I went to the theatre to see a show for the very first time in my life. Usually I hate crowds and people and I get a lot of anxiety but I had a seat on the end of a row and felt quite comfortable. One sound I really found pleasant was all the ambient chatter of all the people sat in antiipation of the start of the show.

I think actually had to be there to get the real effect

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious and DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
It's weird, the other day I went to the theatre to see a show for the very first time in my life. Usually I hate crowds and people and I get a lot of anxiety but I had a seat on the end of a row and felt quite comfortable. One sound I really found pleasant was all the ambient chatter of all the people sat in antiipation of the start of the show.

I think actually had to be there to get the real effect

Good for you! That's awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it and had a good experience!
Me Inside ....

It's funny the sounds that instill fear or wonder or positivity. I think some are culturally engrained and some are instinctual.

• Hugs
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
The sound of the hairdryer, oddly. Also, because it warms my body, I m cold a lot.

• Hugs
falling_snow

falling_snow

Arcanist
Aug 9, 2023
pink and white noise are nice

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and RemainingDubious
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
I used to have a temporary replacement car from my friend which was fixing my old Jeep and it had panorama roof, whenever it was raining, I used to lay down on the back seat row and listen to the rain drops hitting the glass. It was very relaxing. However, ever since I started experiencing insomnia, I started listening to those ASMR videos on YouTube and my favorite sounds there to relax are some Mercedes AMG "night drive" videos, ear rubbing and ear cleaning sounds.

• Hugs
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Sound of mechanical keyboard clacking, shoes on gravel, this really specific walking sfx they used in 70's cartoons, idk, I just like how it sounds, and some app notification sounds ;;;; there's probably more I can't think of atm.

• Hugs
RemainingDubious

RemainingDubious

Feb 18, 2024
Lol good question
No movie is truly complete without that
Surely out of 8 billion people it must actually be someone's 😂 now i wonder what that person would look like, for some reason i imagine Tiny Tim. IMG 9740

PixelPlant

PixelPlant

smile, you’ve lived :)
Aug 15, 2023
the washing machine:)

• Love