Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
No, screw you. I don't need your "advice". I don't care if everyone else tries to live "the best lives they can" with their chronic disease. I refuse to do so. I wanted to live a full life, but I won't get it, therefore I'm gonna kill myself. And I feel pretty damn good about it. (especially knowing that I could have had a full life but you misdiagnosed me)

Anybody else feels the same?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lachrymost, Mary5689, Lawliet and 12 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Well yeah. Everyone has their own individual tolerance levels and breaking point. If someone wants to live with their challenges and problems all the more power to them. But that shouldn't be taken as the *only* valid decision.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vampirin, unnoticed, Forever Sleep and 4 others
H

Hope:-)

Enlightened
Jul 3, 2022
Medical negligence has led so many people here including myself. I hate having to live with this- I have ongoing cognitive issues so I can't drive and am practically housebound. It's devastating. Sending you love xx

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, OpheliasFlowers and Cryptonite
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I hate the world we live in that expects people to endure low quality lives against their wishes, suffering until they die. Suicide should be seen as an acceptable and valid option. If someone wants to leave at a time of their own choosing then there is nothing wrong with that as after all we will all die eventually anyway. The person giving the advice would likely feel differently if they had the same disease.

Reactions: Lonerzepam and Cryptonite
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
We humans have a lot of parts and systems that can go to hell. It leaves us with less that we want. Depending on the problem, leaving early is a choice to make. We do what we need to do.

• Love
Reactions: carnivore, Cryptonite, rationaltake and 1 other person
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
I hate the world we live in that expects people to endure low quality lives against their wishes, suffering until they die. Suicide should be seen as an acceptable and valid option. If someone wants to leave at a time of their own choosing then there is nothing wrong with that as after all we will all die eventually anyway. The person giving the advice would likely feel differently if they had the same disease.
In fact, there have been cases of doctors who completely changed their mind after they themselves got the disease. Unless they have it, they have no right to give out their unsolicited advice.
We humans have a lot of parts and systems that can go to hell. It leaves us with less that we want. Depending on the problem, leaving early is a choice to make. We do what we need to do.
Indeed. There is an estimation for 10 000 human diseases in total.

Everything can break down. Humans, cars, computers etc. The difference is, humans will suffer because of it, while cars and computers won't give a damn.

Reactions: Nanako and rationaltake
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Doctors are trained and driven to keep us alive. A few realize that being alive and living are two different scenarios. I knew two people that finally stopped treatment and met their fate when they ceased living and were only alive.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, rationaltake, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Doctors are trained and driven to keep us alive. A few realize that being alive and living are two different scenarios. I knew two people that finally stopped treatment and met their fate when they ceased living and were only alive.
Exactly. That's the only thing they care about. My doctors didn't give a single f**k when they misdiagnosed me, but now they would go out of their way to keep me alive with the tragedy they caused.

• Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Hope:-), OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I know someone currently dealing with this except they are leaving him to his fate. With a correct diagnosis and treatment he would be in pretty good shape. As it is he is getting his affairs in order.

Reactions: Cryptonite
Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
Viver com doença crônica não é viver. Viver com doença crônica é sobreviver.
Não tem como ter qualidade de vida 😔

S

Sourdough

Sep 3, 2022
Yes I do feel the same. I am ill, and I'm not getting any better, that is the nature of the disease I have been diagnosed with. I try to take solace in these nice lyrics from the mountain goats:

"And I won't get better
but someday I'll be free
'Cause I am not this body that imprisons me"

• Love
Reactions: Cryptonite and OpheliasFlowers
tiny_dancer

tiny_dancer

Student
Aug 23, 2022
Yes, I hear that all the time. By my family, husband, doctors, etc. I refuse to live knowing what a full, free life I used to have. The constant reminders of my crushed dreams and all the wonderful things I wanted to do, but won't be able to now. It's torture and just as painful as the physical issues themselves for me.

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Hope:-), Astronauta and 1 other person
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Yes, I hear that all the time. By my family, husband, doctors, etc. I refuse to live knowing what a full, free life I used to have. The constant reminders of my crushed dreams and all the wonderful things I wanted to do, but won't be able to now. It's torture and just as painful as the physical issues themselves for me.
100% spot on. For me, crushed dreams and inability to do all these wonderful things that I wished to do is my number one reason for a suicide. It's painful to step out of the room, even to look out of the window. Everything reminds me of these things. Life could be so beautiful, so many exciting things to do, but it will never happen.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: unnoticed, tiny_dancer, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
Sim, ouço isso o tempo todo. Pela minha família, marido, médicos, etc. Eu me recuso a viver sabendo que vida plena e livre eu costumava ter. As lembranças constantes dos meus sonhos destruídos e todas as coisas maravilhosas que eu queria fazer, mas não poderei agora. É uma tortura e tão doloroso quanto os próprios problemas físicos para mim.
Eu me sinto assim também.

• Love
Reactions: tiny_dancer and Cryptonite
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Eu me sinto assim também.
I can see you're writing in Portuguese. That's funny, one of my crushed dreams was to buy a summer house in Portugal.

Reactions: Astronauta
L

Lookingtotalk

Sep 5, 2022
Medical negligence has led so many people here including myself. I hate having to live with this- I have ongoing cognitive issues so I can't drive and am practically housebound. It's devastating. Sending you love xx
I was at a "place" recently where a girl was these life ruined from surgeon who messed up her leg surgery, it is awful.

• Aww..
Astronauta

Astronauta

Student
Aug 9, 2022
Eu posso ver que você está escrevendo em português. Engraçado, um dos meus sonhos esmagados era comprar uma casa de veraneio em Portugal.
Eu sou uma jovem, moro no Brasil.
Tinha vários sonhos e todos no passado. Me dói lembrar.
Espero que você realize os seus sonhos. Você parece ser legal.

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

Apr 30, 2022
Eu sou uma jovem, moro no Brasil.
Tinha vários sonhos e todos no passado. Me dói lembrar.
Espero que você realize os seus sonhos. Você parece ser legal.
I understand. Brazil is a wonderful country too. Sadly I will never be able to travel anymore. Unfortunately, all of my dreams are ruined forever... because of my spinal disease.
I was at a "place" recently where a girl was these life ruined from surgeon who messed up her leg surgery, it is awful.
It seems like doctors can do whatever they can and they do not have to fear any consequences. Incompetent, arrogant, uncaring people. Why do they even go study medicine? I guess only for the prestige, helping people doesn't concern them.

• Aww..
Reactions: Astronauta
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
god, i read your title and i was like "excuse me, what!? im in CONSTANT pain. go fuck yourself telling me what to fucking live with"

G

gimzero

Student
Aug 15, 2022
I have mine for 35 years so how better can i be and in what future! its living prison.

• Love
Reactions: Astronauta and Cryptonite
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's just plain cruel to expect someone to live with a debilitating disease. Obviously if they want to carry on for whatever reason then fine- but at least manage their pain.

It just astounds me that we see animal veterinary euthanasia as 'kind' but don't extend this logic to people.

I think a lot of doctors do help people on their way in hospitals. A couple of my family members I think were given this decency- withdrawing regular medication and increasing morphine. I'm sure they take a massive risk doing this though. It's not really the doctors fault for not wanting to take the risk but it shouldn't be their responsibility. There should be rules in place to allow (and assist) someone of sound mind with incurable disease to be allowed to die peacefully.

I'm sorry you are suffering so much due to a misdiagnosis. I don't know how anyone copes with physical pain every day.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I feel you

• Love
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Being chronically ill sucks. Knowing what life you could have lived without this disease makes me sad, angry, desperate. It is so unfair. Why do some have a normal life and others struggle every day just to survive. Unfortunately you don't have many choices, either you try to make the best of it or you leave. I can understand both. I also find it so mean that people with mental illness are often made out to be not trying hard enough. All this can only be said by people who don't have a chronic, bad illness themselves. Fighting every day is so hard. And to see every day what you could have had is destructive. Sometimes I have hope that medicine will make progress that I can benefit from. Or that I'll discover something I haven't tried yet. I'm sorry you're suffering.

• Aww..
Reactions: Astronauta, tiny_dancer and Cryptonite
Life interrupted

Life interrupted

Trapped in life
Mar 18, 2022
I hear you. The Chinese bioweapon destroyed my life. I can't even breathe normally now and no one knows why. I struggle to even eat and I'm getting zero help because they don't know what the hell is wrong with me. They call it long covid. I call it mass destruction weapon. Sorry for my rant on your post

• Love
  • Aww..