• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
Interesting article in the WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/health/wellness...lled-himself-could-i-have-stopped-it-bfd45eae

From the article:

After the appointment, Seth's mood seemed to lift. He was eager to pick up his new prescription. Maybe it would be that simple, I thought. In the car, though, I grew annoyed. "You have to take your health seriously," I said. I wanted Seth to pay attention to his dark feelings, not deny them, as usual. But nagging Seth never worked. Later, I would wish that I'd pulled over, held him tenderly and whispered, "It's going to be all right, I've got you."

We had a mellow afternoon. He exercised in the basement, we picked the children up from camp, got burritos and watched "Despicable Me." He was going to take his new medication and get a good night's sleep. That was the plan. That was also his last night.

Oh man does this trigger me! There is nothing I find more offensive and hurtful than the "recovery" story written by a spouse of someone who ctb'd which documents how annoyed they were with their partner's mental health struggles. There are about 10 TED talks like this where the partner says something like, "I never saw it" and then shows photos of a dude who hasn't smiled in 20 years because he's constantly being told to fix problems he can't control.

Reactions: vampire2002, Forever Sleep, EvisceratedJester and 4 others
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
sometimes i wonder how many ppl who claim "I never saw it coming" did see the signs or sensed that something was off, but just didn't care enough to reach out and ask because it would have been too much of a burden. And they lie that they had no clue because it helps them cope and believe nothing could have been done.

• Love
Reactions: Loona6546645, AndroidAmongHumans, permanently tired and 2 others
E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
Iv already seen the idea that the only survivor of suicide is the relatives of someone who successfully ctb's.
Previously I would of used the term survivor to someone who failed in their attempt.

But yea, the idea that relatives are survivors is very
obnoxious and ignorant to those lad to ctb by years of abuse.

It actually gives a stage to abusers, I mean I could easily see my
mother take the spotlight on how devastated she would be if i ctb.

Reactions: Chili and AndroidAmongHumans
stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
Not even abusers, though. It's just like, there is such a stigma to discussing suicide and certain types of mental health such that we can't even seek support from the people closest to us. It's just like - when you seek out help for suicidality, everyone tells you to talk to the people closest to you and share your thoughts. But then when you do that people respond with platitudes (take your health seriously!) or worse punt you to some help line.

Reactions: Hollowman and Alexei_Kirillov
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
That sounds so insensitive, how can they assert the person "denies their feelings". Maybe they just don't share them with you, because you describe them as "dark feelings" rather than legitimate.

Reactions: Loona6546645 and Theresnoescape
Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
I can't even read the article because New York Times is a POS but lol I find the people who do this type of shit, write articles lamenting how they're gonna move forward, are often the ones who caused the most suffering. It is, in fact, not about you, so why write an article that's takes this type of tone

Reactions: Jon Arbuckle and Loona6546645