EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
This pro-life society really makes you struggle all the way to the end and makes suicide itself an ordeal when it shouldn't be.

I have to spend my last moments writing my thoughts down in a suicide note instead of being able to say those things out loud and then I have to meticuously plan to mail this stuff at a specific date/time. Constantly having to pretend, looking over my shoulder, hiding things, burning things or throwing them away, wiping my hard drives, using five different emails, preparing and arranging important documents, and all of this is done for people I dislike or hate with the exception of one person.

I mean I guess I could've just offed myself without any of this hassle but I refuse to die without even getting a word in to this fucked up society that will probably label my death as a "mental illness" anyways.

In the letter he left for the coroner he had explained his reasoning (for suicide): that life is a gift bestowed without anyone asking for it; that the thinking person has a philosophical duty to examine both the nature of life and the conditions it comes with; and that if this person decides to renounce the gift no one asks for, it is the moral and human duty to act on the consequences of that decision. ... Alex showed me a clipping from the Cambridge Evening News. 'Tragic Death of "Promising" Young Man.' ... The verdict of the coroner's inquest had been that Adrian Flinn (22) had killed himself 'while the balance of his mind was disturbed.' ... The law, and society, and religion all said it was impossible to be sane, healthy, and kill yourself. Perhaps those authorities feared that the suicide's reasoning might impugn the nature and value of life as organised by the state which paid the coroner?" -Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending

• Hugs
Reactions: Painpleasure, Bct, TAW122 and 10 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I'm not sure I'd like to live in a world where an average person could say "I'm going to kill myself" and another simply replies "okay!"

Sure it'd make things easier for those who are suicidal, though.

Reactions: dyingtodie and Brokenwithbpd
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Im sorry. And i agree with you, cant say much more as you nailed it.

Reactions: dyingtodie and EmbraceOfTheVoid
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
I'm not sure I'd like to live in a world where an average person could say "I'm going to kill myself" and another simply replies "okay!"

Sure it'd make things easier for those who are suicidal, though.

I would. Well, maybe not as causal as saying "okay!"cheerfully, but more willing to, say, have a heart to heart discussion instead of saying "oh my god you're mentally ill we need to put you in a hospital this isn't really you"

Reactions: Bct, itsamadworld, Mooshi and 8 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
I would. Well, maybe not as causal as saying "okay!"cheerfully, but more willing to, say, have a heart to heart discussion instead of saying "oh my god you're mentally ill we need to put you in a hospital this isn't really you"

I agree, this guy said it best:

Please for the love of god, stop saying this pap to suicidal people! If you want to genuinely help a person in these positions, don't patronise them, they are well aware of the gravity and consequences of their actions, and just fucking listen to them, let them talk freely about their wish to die, maybe they wont feel so alienated and alone in such a dark time. If they are going to commit suicide, believe me... they will, and you missed an opportunity to let them feel validated and a last taste of human connection before they went, that's not in vain just because they died, kindness and understanding is always a worthwhile expression of humanness.

• Love
Reactions: Bct, FriendofDeath, Mooshi and 4 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
We're like the 300 Spartans. The last bastion of freedom.

Reactions: TheRaul95, dyingtodie and pthnrdnojvsc
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I don't know what the world would be if people just didn't even try to stop you

EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Mar 29, 2020
I don't know what the world would be if people just didn't even try to stop you

It's not a matter of someone trying to stop us with words; it is immoral to use force and cruelty(involuntary hospitalization) in an attempt to stop suicide. All that accomplishes is alienating people and forcing them to hide up until their final moments where they often end up dying alone because of suicide "prevention".

Reactions: Bct, itsamadworld, pentobarbitaldreams and 1 other person
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Exactly. We have to die alone although we could die with our loved ones around our bed. We could say goodbye and get comforted, instead we are guilt-tripped and shamed, fed with platitudes.

Reactions: clocktower, TheRaul95, EmbraceOfTheVoid and 1 other person
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
It's not a matter of someone trying to stop us with words; it is immoral to use force and cruelty(involuntary hospitalization) in an attempt to stop suicide. All that accomplishes is alienating people and forcing them to hide up until their final moments where they often end up dying alone because of suicide "prevention".
I have been forced in hospitals. I met my husband in a mental hospital actually lol yes we're still married

Reactions: itsamadworld and TheRaul95
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
Outside of the internet I don't plan to leave last words. Because I know whatever I said will be drowned out by my family who shuns mental health speak and suicide.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid and TheRaul95