GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
I'd personally like to have the ability to create interconnected portals.

Not only would this fix some of my own personal transportation issues, I could monetize this by revolutionizing transportation globally.

To say nothing of how much NASA would pay me to put a portal on the moon/Mars. Would be amazing to see this play out in real life, lol

Reactions: sserafim and HuskyD'hiver
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
I have always wanted to turn invisible. It's one way to escape from society and be free. I'm not sure how I would monetize it though... I always looked at invisibility for its social aspect -- escaping society, getting to hear what other people think of me, etc. I guess I could work in some form of secret intelligence. Or, I could work with a religious organization to 'perform miracles.' Though, I can't say either option appeals to me... I could see myself using it to perform special effects or work in some kind of theater production. Your idea sounds much cooler than mine haha

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, anxious_depressive, HuskyD'hiver and 2 others
GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
I have always wanted to turn invisible. It's one way to escape from society and be free. I'm not sure how I would monetize it though... I always looked at invisibility for its social aspect -- escaping society, getting to hear what other people think of me, etc. I guess I could work in some form of secret intelligence. Or, I could work with a religious organization to 'perform miracles.' Though, I can't say either option appeals to me... I could see myself using it to perform special effects or work in some kind of theater production. Your idea sounds much cooler than mine haha
Well honestly, just the fact you can turn invisible at all would make you pretty sensational; you'd make an awesome actor in a horror movie or even just technical production as the literal invisible stage hand

Reactions: HuskyD'hiver
NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
Well honestly, just the fact you can turn invisible at all would make you pretty sensational; you'd make an awesome actor in a horror movie or even just technical production as the literal invisible stage hand
True... There would be an art to the craft. Honestly, I would prefer to keep as quiet about my ability as possible. Keep the audience amazed with the magic :)

Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
Teleportation would be fantastic.

Like the movie Jumper, jump in and out of bank vaults, gather my money bags, then jump to any place on earth I wanted to be.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, GreenMarsh and NeedAnEscape
HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
I have two answers to this, one that is a funny/shitpost answer and one that is a confusing/boring answer that isn't really a "superpower".
The funny one is the ability to become a ragdoll without any physical harm to my body, much in the way of how GMod/Source ragdolls work, as then I would be able to make some awesome jokes and skits of just ragdolling in any situation.
The one I would pick though, would be the ability to never forget. One of my greatest pities of life is forgetting the beautiful memories, meaningful conversations and great ideas that I have experienced throughout my life, but now are all but forgotten, not to even be found in the recesses of my mind. There are people who have these kind of super memories, where they can remember each and every detail and thought of their entire life and the one thing I have always wished for other than to have not existed, is to never forget anything and to be able to make something out of it or tell others about it.

Reactions: GreenMarsh
GreenMarsh

GreenMarsh

Oct 17, 2023
I have two answers to this, one that is a funny/shitpost answer and one that is a confusing/boring answer that isn't really a "superpower".
The funny one is the ability to become a ragdoll without any physical harm to my body, much in the way of how GMod/Source ragdolls work, as then I would be able to make some awesome jokes and skits of just ragdolling in any situation.
The one I would pick though, would be the ability to never forget. One of my greatest pities of life is forgetting the beautiful memories, meaningful conversations and great ideas that I have experienced throughout my life, but now are all but forgotten, not to even be found in the recesses of my mind. There are people who have these kind of super memories, where they can remember each and every detail and thought of their entire life and the one thing I have always wished for other than to have not existed, is to never forget anything and to be able to make something out of it or tell others about it.
Funny that you mention the ability to never forget, because there's actually a real world condition called "hyperthymesia" which does just that. Some recipients of this condition are able to recall exact days of the week corresponding to calendar dates from decades ago, with great accuracy. I've actually thought about writing a story with a character featuring this condition as its premise. Awesome stuff!

Reactions: cosifantutti, SmollMushroom and HuskyD'hiver
HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
Funny that you mention the ability to never forget, because there's actually a real world condition called "hyperthymesia" which does just that. Some recipients of this condition are able to recall exact days of the week corresponding to calendar dates from decades ago, with great accuracy. I've actually thought about writing a story with a character featuring this condition as its premise. Awesome stuff!
That's what it was called! I have always been fascinated by uncommon conditions that cause people to think or percive differently. I personally have been very interested in aphantasia (the inability to imagine in images in your mind) and synesthesia (the condition of having senses overlap that leads to people being able to hear colours, or taste numbers, etc) as I have family members that have these conditions and I always wanted to know how it feels to have these conditions. Also a story about someone with hyperthymesia would be super cool!

dumbgirlonline

dumbgirlonline

Nighty Night Princess
Sep 30, 2023
Mind control would be the best power to have imo.
I've always liked the idea of control, with this power one could single handedly create their perfect world and manage the people within it.
Suddenly there would be no war and disagreements, because everyone has one common mind and goal. There wouldn't be a need to monetize it and whatnot, but I guess if you really wanted money you could start a church revolving around you and enjoy some of that sweet sweet untaxed money and god status haha.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and GreenMarsh
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
To control time.
Stop it and freeze the whole universe but me, go fast forward, go back.

I'm sure I would have a lot of fun...

Reactions: peace_van and sserafim
T

tiredone

Tired one
Dec 12, 2022
Time control for sure. To fix past mistakes and not have to ctb

Reactions: peace_van and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'd personally like to have the ability to create interconnected portals.

Not only would this fix some of my own personal transportation issues, I could monetize this by revolutionizing transportation globally.

To say nothing of how much NASA would pay me to put a portal on the moon/Mars. Would be amazing to see this play out in real life, lol
I'd love to have the ability to read minds and know what other people are thinking. Mind control also sounds pretty cool, I'd love to have this ability.

I'd also love the ability to control time and time travel. It would be nice to be able to stop and freeze time so I could catch up. It would also be nice if I could go back in time and relive my childhood, teenage and college life, and also if I could fix my past mistakes.
Time control for sure. To fix past mistakes and not have to ctb
Same. I wish I could go into the past and fix my mistakes

Last edited:
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Money, money, money, all people think about is money, I want to be able to shapeshift into a dragon capable of flight, twice the size of a moose, and breathes fire or smth just as destructive. Then I'm going to go love out in the fucking woods and never go back to civilization again.

MoonBloom

MoonBloom

Introverted broke college student
Oct 17, 2023
Telekinesis, I just think being able to control objects is so cool to this day sometimes on a random afternoon I would check what if I did have powers so I'd raise my arm towards the tv remote to get it to fly to my hand but alas it never did lol

LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
Time travel for sure. I would either destroy the seeds of humanity so no one could have ever existed, or groom humanity towards a peaceful future. I think I would try the whole peaceful future thing first but, being that I could travel in time, I could have the annihilation option open at anytime.