Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
I currently have over 180 meds in my room (ibuprofen, celexa, Buspirone, vitamin D); would that be enough to CTB? I asked one of my friends recently and he said something along the lines of "I think that would be enough to kill an elephant"... but I live with my parents still. If I tried to OD, and on the off chance they found me, that'd also screw me over, right?
Would this amount of pills even be enough to cause CTB in the first place?

mertvets

mertvets

if only
Nov 6, 2023
mixing that many medications, i believe you would rather wish you were dead instead of actually being dead. i think that's worse...

feannagan

feannagan

Nov 7, 2023
In general, OD is not reliable as a method due to individual variability in factors such as height/weight, body fat percentage, and genetics.

Additionally, the medications you've mentioned are not highly toxic, which is partly why they are widely prescribed to people with depression. I OD'd on SSRIs and it caused mild serotonin syndrome with flu-like symptoms for 48 hours, but otherwise no adverse effects. Ibuprofen toxicity is common but more likely to cause gastric issues (ulcers, vomiting, a lot of pain) rather than death. Vitamin D toxicity is pretty much never fatal, it can be used as a rodent killer but it kills rats and mice slowly over a period of days, at doses that are hundreds of thousands of times higher than anything you'd be prescribed. And of course, you are not a rodent.

• Aww..
Reactions: Fimbulvetr
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I doubt that any of the meds you have there are really lethal rather u harm yourself and end up in a hospital with organ damage in the worst case. It's not worth the risk trying that.

You can read about better methods in the Suicide Resource Compilation.

Reactions: Fimbulvetr