R

RomanCandle

Feb 25, 2019
Hi everyone, new poster here. I've been reading the forums for a little while as I'm planning to CTB in the near future. My method of choice would be SN.

I would like to donate the money on my bank account to my parents/family after I CTB. Would it be legally acceptable to write a will on a note? Would they access my bank account if I write and allow them to? What happens to one's bank accounts/possesions after CTB if no will is made?
I am 28 and live in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Caderyn and Redt2go
futur

futur

Mar 2, 2019
i am also live in Europe and tried to clarify this question.

nheritance law is more or less the same within the borders of the European Union.
As I understand it, if your parents / family are heirs, then the will is not necessary. because the next of kin automatically receive your property. I would recommend writing a separate order about the method of burial and refusal of life-saving events if something goes wrong.

Upon presentation of a death certificate in my country, the bank account becomes a hereditary account and further expenses are paid off (burial, etc.). So it works in my country.

Reactions: RomanCandle
C

Caderyn

Feb 13, 2019
I wondered the same. My next of kin would be my parents, however I don't want my dad to get anything as we've been estranged for 2 or 3 years. Not sure how to stipulate that!

futur

futur

Mar 2, 2019
so just write a will in this case. I consulted with a lawyer and he told me, that for example in my country it is possible to write a will without any notary action, i mean just write it with your hand and sign. Maybe it is the same in your country

C

Caderyn

Feb 13, 2019
so just write a will in this case. I consulted with a lawyer and he told me, that for example in my country it is possible to write a will without any notary action, i mean just write it with your hand and sign. Maybe it is the same in your country
Unfortunately, in my country, it has to be signed by two witnesses in my presence. Me asking that of two people I know is a massive red flag!

L

lupin333

Jan 15, 2019
I thought about this for awhile and I finished my will with the help of an attorney and got it notarized. It cost me over $1000 to do, but came with good peace. If anyone asks why your doing it, you can mention a family death and that you want to be ready for it if someone happens because of personal experience. Anyway the attorneys won't care even if you seem shaky since your paying them well and the work they do for you is supposedly confidential. I'm not sure about Europe and how things work there when dying, but if someone reading this is in the states and is planning to ctb, personally protect your assets as much as you can. The state, federal govt, and attorneys will all come after a percentage. Some states the attorneys can't charge a % on your net worth and also some states "intheritance tax" differs very much.
Unfortunately, in my country, it has to be signed by two witnesses in my presence. Me asking that of two people I know is a massive red flag!

If you are in the US, if you go to an attorney they can prepare the paperwork and you can sign it in front of the attorney and two notaries. I got mine done very quickly

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
What you can do is take the money out and hide it. Then send a future email to your mom telling her were the money is.

Reactions: Jc40