• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
With 15 I thought I would kill myself immediately if something bad happened. Well I am still here after more than a decade torture. So with 15 I would have answered no.
With 18 I lurked for the first time on a Swiss suicide forum. But I messed up the registration and was denied. I think I really started to like the atmosphere of suicide forum to this time. It fits to my depressed and melacholic mood always centered around suicide. The topic suicide is less stigmatized than in other mental health forums and there is less censorship. So with 18 my answer would have been yes.

It would be ironic if I was still here in a decade always talking about my imminent suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocinante, GoatHerder, etherealspring and 6 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I used to be really into video game forums so suicide forums aren't that much of a stretch for me.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: 3/4Dead, Rocinante, etherealspring and 4 others
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

人之初,性本恶
May 9, 2024
I used to watch liveleak, have accounts on eating disorder forums and substance abuse forums, and was also active on Tieba forums (a Chinese website) for eating disorders and self harm before the crackdown. So it's not that surprising that I eventually found SS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3/4Dead, GoatHerder and Praestat_Mori
stayedtoolong

stayedtoolong

September ♡
Aug 13, 2024
I never knew about this forum until very recently. Never thought something like this exists but I am in a way grateful as I am surrounded by likeminded people who really do understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder, etherealspring, abchia and 3 others
Cyagangy

Cyagangy

We ball to the grave
Apr 27, 2024
With 15 I thought I would kill myself immediately if something bad happened. Well I am still here after more than a decade torture. So with 15 I would have answered no.
With 18 I lurked for the first time on a Swiss suicide forum. But I messed up the registration and was denied. I think I really started to like the atmosphere of suicide forum to this time. It fits to my depressed and melacholic mood always centered around suicide. The topic suicide is less stigmatized than in other mental health forums and there is less censorship. So with 18 my answer would have been yes.

It would be ironic if I was still here in a decade always talking about my imminent suicide.
This is the first ever forum site I have been on if you don't can't Iwaku or Reddit. Honestly no but I found a video talking about this place and it indirectly helped me.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
W

wCvML2

Nov 15, 2021
Maybe, there's no hidden contract you sign that you have to commit suicide if you make an account on a forum discussing suicide so I probably would have signed up even if I found out about it when I wasn't actively suicidal. It's not uncommon for people who plan how to end their lives to never use it, sometimes the plans are meant to calm our anxiety of being trapped in this world.

kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
After several family members cashed their tickets in or tried to, I picked and poked around the self-help sites. It wasn't until recently that I found this place when looking for my own path for ctb. If you'd asked me three years ago, I'd have said no.

VeryShy

VeryShy

Seriously disabled due to autism and schizophrenia
Jun 21, 2024
Since I'm chronically on and off suicidal since the age of 16, it isn't strange to me that I ended up on this forum.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Sure. I've had ideation for 25 years, on and off. In my high school yearbook, a friend actually wrote "don't kill yourself!" under my pic.

I've been depressed for as long as I can remember.

• Informative
Reactions: GoatHerder, Praestat_Mori and Agon321
amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
I didn't know this forum existed until I started doing a bunch of web searches into how to CTB a few months ago. I came upon that infamous NYT article about this site and found it. I'm not really suicidal right now but the people here are supportive, I can get my negative thoughts off my chest, and the mods aren't control freaks like they are in some other forums I could name. In other words, it's a pretty good place to hang out.

Reactions: GoatHerder and Praestat_Mori
N33dT0D13

N33dT0D13

Xe/It
Apr 2, 2023
I think I wouldn't be too phased if I'd stumbled upon SaSu as a teen or tween even, felt like shit then lmao

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Honestly, I thought that these types of sites were illegal.
I thought that in such matters I should primarily look for information on the "dark web".

I am glad that I was wrong.

But to answer the question, I wanted to find a site with information about CTB, so in a sense I expected it.

Reactions: GoatHerder, abchia and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I never thought I would really reach a point in my life where killing myself would become as real as it did last year. It took so much to finally break me, to give up on everything and that was the day when I searched for suicide communities for the first time in my life - I felt so alone with unsolvable problems that left me no other option but to kms.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: amnesia999, GoatHerder, rozeske and 2 others
lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
I never thought I would really reach a point in my life where killing myself would become as real as it did last year. It took so much to finally break me, to give up on everything and that was the day when I searched for suicide communities for the first time in my life - I felt so alone with unsolvable problems that left me no other option but to kms.
same, exactly this

• Hugs
Reactions: GoatHerder and Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
From age 10- yes. We didn't really have the internet back then though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and GoatHerder
etherealspring

etherealspring

can someone just kill me already
Mar 27, 2024
i think younger me would have felt a lot of relief and comfort if i found this website sooner. ive been chronically online since i was a tween so it's not surprising i found this forum

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and GoatHerder
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I'll be honest, I had no idea a place like this even existed so no way I could've even imagined myself landing here. All in all I'm glad I found this site, one step forward to being able to express feelings I would usually be shut down for.

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
Nope, if I told younger me that I would end up here I don't think they wouldn't believe it. Even though I've been having dark thoughts since young age too. Younger me would have thought that forums like these are very obscure, illegal and only exist on the dark web or something

amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
Don't know if it's been proposed, but having an *.onion site that mirrored the regular site is a great idea. It could stay up if this site were ever taken down.

Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
Don't know if it's been proposed, but having an *.onion site that mirrored the regular site is a great idea. It could stay up if this site were ever taken down.
I'm pretty sure SaSu has an .onion mirror

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

flower, water
Jun 20, 2024
Yeah I've always hated my life and my existence for as long as I can remember. It just sucks so bad. I remember my childhood and even at 2yo I was in tremendous pain. I've actually gotten gradually better as I age because my economic situation and coping abilities improved.

Ramsay Fiction

Ramsay Fiction

Soulburner
Aug 15, 2024
No, mostly because it seemed like something that would be harder to find for some reason. Obviously I was just ignorant. Other than that, yes.