Would you avoid a parent/loved ones funeral to avoid someone?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not that it's my main drive to want to CTB (although, they are the reason I first wanted to,) there is a person from my childhood, I feel like I'd do anything to avoid- including dying. So, while they're no longer the main motivation for me wanting to CTB- the thought of seeing them again could well be the trigger point.

I believe them to be a narcissist. They fit the description to a tee and while I know it's ridiculous for a middle aged woman to admit it, they still frighten me I suppose.

Do you have someone like that in your life? To what degrees would you go to avoid them? Would you avoid even a parents funeral or major family event to avoid them?

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The guilt over avoiding my grandparents' funerals was literally the main reason I initially joined this site. They were my father's parents and even though they were incredibly nice to me I did not want to see my father at all there. He invited me to the funeral (they had the same funeral because they died within a week of each other) but I didn't want to go if I had to see him. I could have asked my cousin where they were buried so I could pay respects later but I think it's too late at this point.

The guilt over this does haunt me a little less these days. Just add it to the pile of more reasons I'm a piece of shit who couldn't face his fears and thus needs to die for it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
Not that it's my main drive to want to CTB (although, they are the reason I first wanted to,) there is a person from my childhood, I feel like I'd do anything to avoid- including dying. So, while they're no longer the main motivation for me wanting to CTB- the thought of seeing them again could well be the trigger point.

I believe them to be a narcissist. They fit the description to a tee and while I know it's ridiculous for a middle aged woman to admit it, they still frighten me I suppose.

Do you have someone like that in your life? To what degrees would you go to avoid them? Would you avoid even a parents funeral or major family event to avoid them?
i'd certainly put my interest above anyone else's. if it were that traumatising, i'd simply not go. although when i think of it hard, i actually would go. that's because i care about my own interests and i don't wanna be coerced into doing sumn i am not feeling like. if i have to attend the funeral, i will. i'll just take this as an opportunity to let myself know how nonchalant i am about other people or whatever.
i'd go.
( but keep your interest above anyone else's. you not going is also justified )

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you (it/its)
Dec 14, 2023
i could easily not go to a funeral if i wanted to, i wouldn't feel guilty, but explaining the reason to parents would be the hardest part. also to avoid some groups of people from my past i straight up avoid some neighborhoods in my city lmao

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori and Lostandlooking
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
I hate funerals. I always remained silent during the funerals of my close ones. If it was up to me I wouldn't go to anyone's funeral at all. I'm selfish when it comes to death. I envy the dead.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Praestat_Mori, Lostandlooking and 1 other person
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
An easy question for me. I want to avoid the entire family, so all funerals are out of the question.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, 4am and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Personally, no. I have nobody who I want to intentionally avoid

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I do not let anyone else control me. So, no, if it was a funeral I wanted to attend, I would go. F*ck whoever else is there.

If I saw them, I would be polite but also try to steer clear of them to avoid confrontation.

Reactions: Forever Sleep