• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

artemisdusk

artemisdusk

Jul 11, 2024
In theory, how effective and painless would this method be? A portable generator with an exhaust extension run through a hole into a bedroom. The bedroom door taped off top and bottom, as well as around the hole that the extension is run through. Maybe a little more involved than necessary, but would mostly be to cut down on noise and be a more peaceful and comfortable end in bed.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
There are other leakage points in the room - baseboards, flooring joints, around windows. Plus, you'd be getting a lot more than just CO. There are a bunch of other noxious gases as a by-product of combustion that will be noticeable (CO is odorless and colorless, right?) and will definitely contribute to unpleasantness. It will probably kill you over time. I'd bet you'd get a pretty bad headache while waiting to go unconscious. Probably burning eyes, too. Bedrooms are fairly large, too, so it will take more time than a smaller space.

2-stroke or 4-stroke generator?

Then again, stupid people kill themselves every year by running generators indoors when the power goes out.

Reactions: artemisdusk
artemisdusk

artemisdusk

Jul 11, 2024
There are other leakage points in the room - baseboards, flooring joints, around windows. Plus, you'd be getting a lot more than just CO. There are a bunch of other noxious gases as a by-product of combustion that will be noticeable (CO is odorless and colorless, right?) and will definitely contribute to unpleasantness. It will probably kill you over time. I'd bet you'd get a pretty bad headache while waiting to go unconscious. Probably burning eyes, too. Bedrooms are fairly large, too, so it will take more time than a smaller space.

2-stroke or 4-stroke generator?

Then again, stupid people kill themselves every year by running generators indoors when the power goes out.
All good points. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I've been looking through the CO mega thread now and am starting to get a better idea of how to make the method work. The picture I had in my head will just have to be adjusted.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded