Inferdan

Inferdan

Meeting the first minor relapse after recovery
Nov 3, 2019
I honestly have no idea. What if SI kicks halfway during the fall? I'm scared of backing out, or failing the attempt. Maybe with my luck, I'll get caught by someone, or hit a rock and fall to safety. There are so many things that coul go wrong, and I'm anxious about even trying. What are all your thoughts on the matter?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Nem, Brink and 1 other person
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Is this really a question? Yes, of course you would die. If you already fell, there's no way to back out. It's an active volcano! I see no way this could possibly fail except backing out. Imagine the guts it takes to somehow get to the top of a volcano and then fall/jump in.

Edit: lol, I just saw the thread

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Nem, waived, LosinIt20 and 1 other person
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
Is this really a question? Yes, of course you would die. If you already fell, there's no way to back out. It's an active volcano! I see no way this could possibly fail except backing out. Imagine the guts it takes to somehow get to the top of a volcano and then fall/jump in.

Edit: lol, I just saw the thread
Hehe, yes, still working through them all

Reactions: highlyvolatile, Brink and lemmeeleev
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Well put it this way if you didn't want to die then jumping into it would be a monumentally stupid thing to do

Reactions: Sensei, Epsilon0, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Im pretty sure if your SI kicked in half way down the volcano that gravity would end up doing a 180 and pull you out of the volcano back to your feet on the ground.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: 262653, GoodPersonEffed, lemmeeleev and 1 other person
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
Im pretty sure if your SI kicked in half way down the volcano that gravity would end up doing a 180 and pull you out of the volcano back to your feet on the ground.
And then you wake up in bed, covered in sweat and shaking all over :p

Reactions: lemmeeleev
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
And then you wake up in bed, covered in sweat and shaking all over :p
Yeah that sounds like a total nightmare, the laws of nature are now preventing you from ctbing!

Reactions: Inferdan and lemmeeleev
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah that sounds like a total nightmare, the laws of nature are now preventing you from ctbing!
Luckily, it was just a bad dream...back to the world with laws and places I'm familiar with all too well...

Reactions: lemmeeleev
A

Angkorian

why am i still here
Apr 6, 2020
yes very fatal indeed...unless you're Khalessi :ahhha:

Reactions: Inferdan
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Reactions: Brink, Epsilon0 and lemmeeleev
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If you attempt this, whatever you do, do NOT, I repeat, NOT, drink a cool glass of beer beforehand.....
The heat transfer from your cooled body might cause the volcano to cool down, and in the process, as it freezes, it might cushion your fall....

Pretty sure I read someone who had exactly that happen to them just a few weeks back....

Also, avoid wearing one of those James Bond style jetpac things, in case it accidentally activates mid-fall.....

But other than that, I give it a 50/50 chance of working, depending on your general heat tolerance....

• Love
Reactions: WinterFaust, Brink, Epsilon0 and 3 others
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Uneducated answer is yes. Not just the fall and the lava but the gases alone would kill you.

Reactions: Inferdan and jgm63
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Uneducated answer is yes. Not just the fall and the lava but the gases alone would kill you.
But the OP needs to be certain.... How can he gain more confidence in the method ?

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
It's not. Didn't you see that thread posted in the main section?

It's called "I jumped 2,000 feet into an active volcano and survived. What did I do wrong?

Someone pointed out that the meto must be taken during the fall, as opposed to prior to jumping. Maybe that's why the method is unreliable. It's hard to swallow when you are screaming your lungs out.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and jgm63
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
It's not. Didn't you see that thread posted in the main section?

It's called "I jumped 2,000 feet into an active volcano and survived. What did I do wrong?

Someone pointed out that the meto must be taken during the fall, as opposed to prior to jumping. Maybe that's why the method is unreliable. It's hard to swallow when you are screaming your lungs out.
Just my two cents, but my guess is the OP read that thread, but decided to use this as a method, so this is his thread to genuinely gather info on it....
Regarding the meto, I wouldn't think it matters whether you take it before jumping or during. Also taking a sip of water to aid swallowing during the jump is probably going to be awkward, so I think before is better.....

Reactions: Inferdan and Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Just my two cents, but my guess is the OP read that thread, but decided to use this as a method, so this is his thread to genuinely gather info on it....
Regarding the meto, I wouldn't think it matters whether you take it before jumping or during. Also taking a sip of water to aid swallowing during the jump is probably going to be awkward, so I think before is better.....

My mistake, thank you for pointing that out, jgm. I know what it's like to look for genuine answers about a method and have trolls destroy your thread.

Just check my thread "Please help - I jumped into a dormant volcano and hit my head", and you'll see what I mean.

• Love
Reactions: Inferdan and jgm63
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
My mistake, thank you for pointing that out, jgm. I know what it's like to look for genuine answers about a method and have trolls destroy your thread.

Just check my thread "Please help - I jumped into a dormant volcano and hit my head", and you'll see what I mean.
I just searched for that thread, but couldn't find it, so now I'm not sure whether you're being disingenuous, or whether that thread has been taken down.
If you can't take this seriously, then I will simply refuse to engage with you further on this thread....

Reactions: Epsilon0
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I just searched for that thread, but couldn't find it, so now I'm not sure whether you're being disingenuous, or whether that thread has been taken down.
If you can't take this seriously, then I will simply refuse to engage with you further on this thread....

Come on, now. Here's a peace offering: a big cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream and pink marshmallows.

Instructions: The marshmallows taste best if slowly roasted above an active volcano, while falling.

Reactions: jgm63
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Come on, now. Here's a peace offering: a big cup of hot cocoa with whipped cream and pink marshmallows.

Instructions: The marshmallows taste best if slowly roasted above an active volcano, while falling.
You had me at marshmallows.

HoolioCoolio

HoolioCoolio

Stay in a strong place in your mind
Mar 4, 2020
100%, it would be a painful death the gases would be super hot and burn your skin. your clothes would catch fire and maybe your eyes would pop if your unlucky if you don't fall fast enough but then the lava would smack hard and the heat would probably knock you out anyways

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
100%, it would be a painful death the gases would be super hot and burn your skin. your clothes would catch fire and maybe your eyes would pop if your unlucky if you don't fall fast enough but then the lava would smack hard and the heat would probably knock you out anyways

Why would your eyes pop out?

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Are you suggesting I should pack a last meal for the trip? 2,000 feet is a long way down... I could probably go through half a steak.

Nope. Fasting and meto are required. PEW PEW PEW!

• Hugs
Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
I have gathered much info from the conversations that have taken place here. Thank you everyone, I have decided to not use this method, I just can't take the heat...also, eye-popping doesn't sound good

Reactions: HoolioCoolio and GoodPersonEffed
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I have gathered much info from the conversations that have taken place here. Thank you everyone, I have decided to not use this method, I just can't take the heat...also, eye-popping doesn't sound good
Same thing happened to Douglas Quaid in Total Recall, so I can see why you'd want to avoid that....

Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
Well, it nearly happened for him, and it was because there was no pressure on the planet itself. He got lucky at the end, of course, though I don't know how he and the woman got up after that like it was nothing. No eye-rubbing and groans...I'm not getting into it :/. All that I know is that that scene opened my eyes on many levels...

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

FFS do your own research, don't make decisions based on the advice of a bunch of random people on a forum. I'm so sick of people bashing this method and spreading disinformation about it. There are plenty of post-mortem studies on this method, and while I question the PPH, I think there's good reason for it having such high reliability and peacefulness ratings.

Inferdan

Inferdan

Nov 3, 2019
I have compared other's opinions with what I have gathered myself, and I've reached my conclusion with both of them. Just wanted to know people's own opinions and what they know. And of course, some were obviously humorous, for this whole thing was a simple joke to begin with...

I really should get along with that list...

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Well, it nearly happened for him, and it was because there was no pressure on the planet itself. He got lucky at the end, of course, though I don't know how he and the woman got up after that like it was nothing. No eye-rubbing and groans...I'm not getting into it :/. All that I know is that that scene opened my eyes on many levels...
Tend to agree. The way they recovered so quickly seems suspect.... More research needed....