R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
i know it's wrong but i really want to hang in a public tree or on a playground. my bpd constantly makes me want attention and want to die so i guess i'll get both at once. would this be selfish if i did it in a semi hidden place?

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
It's probably gonna traumatise someone and give more reason for pro-lifers to do what they do and give suicidal people a bad name. So it's best to do it in a quiet place. Also someone is probably gonna try and "save" you if you do it in a public place, since hanging has a 30 minute save window.

Reactions: Ashu, thatlatealready, 020x and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The only issue would be that trying to die in public could result in other people trying to interfere in plans as already said, I would personally find somewhere far away from other people as after all we exist in this society that is so incredibly anti-suicide.

Reactions: Ashu
Nexus

Nexus

Jul 16, 2023
Selfish is matter of perspective. It's definitely self-serving at the very least. When you CTB, those who genuinely love and care about you will never fully recover, no matter how much time you give them. What you do with your life is ultimately up to you. However, even if your life is over, the lives of others go on. I think that you if you do decide to CTB, it's your responsibility to make your exit as selfless as possible. What you do and don't give the living will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Someone would try save you no doubt. It's also going to be horrific if anyone sees that, I'm thinking of kids.

gizzreid

gizzreid

spence
Apr 26, 2023
kind of, honestly, depending on where you do it. like if you choose somewhere kids may be... that's just kinda unfair to them. plus like others said, it's easier to fail that way and gives people more incentive with their anti suicide bs. i also crave attention and so i plan to write multiple notes and have them sent out at a time i know i won't be here, and then i plan on editing a lot of old posts that people can find if they want when i'm gone so i still get attention when i'm gone lol

Reactions: Ashu and yaldabaoth
R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
Someone would try save you no doubt. It's also going to be horrific if anyone sees that, I'm thinking of kids.

kind of, honestly, depending on where you do it. like if you choose somewhere kids may be... that's just kinda unfair to them. plus like others said, it's easier to fail that way and gives people more incentive with their anti suicide bs. i also crave attention and so i plan to write multiple notes and have them sent out at a time i know i won't be here, and then i plan on editing a lot of old posts that people can find if they want when i'm gone so i still get attention when i'm gone lol
i wouldn't dare do it where kids would be. just gross adults that have ruined everything

gizzreid

gizzreid

spence
Apr 26, 2023
i wouldn't dare do it where kids would be. just gross adults that have ruined everything
i feel like this is up to personal morals then. for me, it depends on what gross means. i'd personally totally do it in front of someone like my abuser (if given the chance and if i could guarantee no one would stop me), but at the end of the day most would try to stop you so i wouldn't risk it.

J

Jolene79

Experienced
Jun 16, 2023
Yeah tbh I wouldn't really care about traumatising someone else who was an adult. I get what you're saying. As long as it wasn't someone I knew. I feel so angry and embittered that I have to deal with such agonising pain I feel like seeing that would be nothing quite frankly compared to my daily existence. I'd swap finding hung bodies of strangers every single day for what I have.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart and bedhead_baby
bedhead_baby

bedhead_baby

stupid selfish baby
Jul 16, 2023
I wouldn't do it in a park for the sake of kids, but I feel like it's normal to die in the woods or out in nature in general. And if you're far enough out, you might be eaten by bugs and animals before you're found, which I like the idea of for myself personally, ctb or otherwise. Death is normal. People will be traumatized either way.

Reactions: Ashu and Sweet Tart
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
please put pillowcase over your head wherever you choose

I have fantasised about so many trees I walked past…but if I did choose this method would try and do it over a door

sorry for your suffering and all our suffering

Reactions: bunsïy
h4yate

h4yate

qtest idol
Jul 13, 2023
thatd be difficult. lot of people will try to stop you, especially if youre talking 'out in the open' type of public.

Reactions: Sweet Tart
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
A lot of people die in public everyday. People don't care. Most will go normal about their lives or ignore it all together. If a person is dying in the streets most individuals will past through it like nothing. You got nothing nobody to worry about they dont give a shit why would u

S

Spidsnoegenhat2

Jul 16, 2023
I thought about the same. But also I don't want to traumatize some innocent people. Only if I could traumatizing some bad people like corrupt politicians or others in that league. Or the book master who covered up his pedophile friend. Maybe you think am a bad person, but I think it's okay to traumatizing people, who work to harm others and even force them to consume something deadly.

S

suicidaleeyore

Jun 30, 2023
In my eyes ctb I'm such a public setting like that is wrong but that's just my own opinion as someone who wants to do as little harm to others with my death. I also have BPD (well so professionals say, I don't experience most of the symptoms bedsides sh, emotion dysregulation and chronic suicidality but I don't think they know what else to diagnose me with) but anyway I genuinely wish I could just disappear without others noticing. Although when I do it I will need to do it in a somewhat public place - either a hotel or a bush as I live with my grandparents and mum and I don't wanna traumatise them and I definitely do not want them to find me before I die/if I fail.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sweet Tart
020x

020x

Suffering will end when the existence does.
Jul 6, 2023
You will definitely be found within 30 minutes and pulled off the rope, which will leave you a vegetable for the rest of your life.

Don't do it, at least not like this.

Reactions: Sweet Tart and thatlatealready
ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
Not to mention probably filmed and thrown online to be the next circus show for a day. if that's something you care about

Reactions: thatlatealready
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Yes, very. I know this is a classic argument, but think of the children that may be traumatized by coming across your corpse/you while you're in the process of catching the bus. It's incredibly selfish, to say the least.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think the problem with public methods is- you can't exactly control who witnesses it. How do you know that the person is going to be some selfish arsehole that contributes to making this world as bad as it is? It may just as well be a friendly dog walker who is kind to everyone. I'd definitely say a playground is probably not targetting the right sort of people. Who else use playgrounds but children?

To do it in order to try and get at a certain group of people, I guess you'd have to try and find a place only they go to. Plus, you probably also need to take into account that- if they are that cold hearted to begin with- do you suppose they'd care that much?

Reactions: Chara
D

DaBassBabyBoom

Jul 28, 2023
I think it would be selfish and it would indeed traumatize kids (the most) and everyone that sees you.

If you have to, do it in a quiet and hidden place.

Hope things gets better for you so you don't have to CTB

L

lethargic

Jul 14, 2023
... on a playground? wtf? yeah, ultra cringe. sorry

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I personally don't want to die "live in public" because it's my private issue and I don't want anyone to interfere my plan. As long as you do outside your flat/hotel room there is a certain amount of "public" around anyway who may find your dead body.

drownll

drownll

Student
Jul 7, 2023
Personally i would not, i'm the opposite of you in fact, when i ctb i want no one to see me doing it and want no one to discover my body. Ideally I'd want to drown in the middle of the ocean.

M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
It's not helpful, put it that way, even if having to deal with a decomposed body weeks later isn't pleasant either.

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I think the problem with public methods is- you can't exactly control who witnesses it. How do you know that the person is going to be some selfish arsehole that contributes to making this world as bad as it is? It may just as well be a friendly dog walker who is kind to everyone. I'd definitely say a playground is probably not targetting the right sort of people. Who else use playgrounds but children?

To do it in order to try and get at a certain group of people, I guess you'd have to try and find a place only they go to. Plus, you probably also need to take into account that- if they are that cold hearted to begin with- do you suppose they'd care that much?
This is my take as well. I respect your wish to die in public and be seen. I just think it matters to have at least some control over who will see you.

And consider the consequences of failing in a public place, especially a place meant for children. Imagine traumatizing kids and being saved- having to live and see their responses. Or if it could somehow be deemed an act of public indecency or something and have legal consequences.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep