• Hey Guest,

We will never comply with any of OFCOM's demands or any other nations censorious demands for that matter. We will only follow the laws of the land of which our server is located, which is the US.

Any demands for censorship or requests to comply with the law outside of the US will be promptly ignored.

No foreign laws or pressure will make us comply with anti-censorship laws and we will protect the speech of our members, regardless of where they might live in the world. If that means being blocked in the UK, so be it. We would advise that any UK member gets a VPN to browse the site, or use TOR.

However, today, we stand up these these governments that want to bully or censor this website.

Fuck OFCOM, and fuck any media organization or group that think it's cool or fun to stalk or bully people that suffering in this world.

Edit: We also wanted to address the veiled threats made against a staff member in the UK by the BBC in the news today. We are undeterred by any threats, intimination, by the BBC or by any other groups dedicated to doxxing and harassing our staff and members. Journalists from the BBC, CTV, Kansas Star, Daily Mail and many other outlets have continuiously ignored the fact that many of the people that they're interviewing (such as @leelfc84 on Twitter/X) and propping up are the same people posting addresses of staff members and our founders on social media. We show them proof of this and they ignore it and don't address it.They're all just as evil as each other, and should be treated accordingly. They do not care about the safety of our staff members, founders, or administrators, or even members, so why would they care about you?

Now that we have your attention, journalists, will you ever address this? You've given these evil people interviews, and free press.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've just read a post about a recent article about another SN suicide. As usual, they describe the person as 'vulnerable' and that such 'vulnerable' people are being 'targeted' online by poison sellers.

In this case, the girl was a minor so- perhaps there is some argument that she was vulnerable.

But really, this kind of language and reporting really irritates me. These people aren't being groomed from Facebook or Instragram- surely? They are seeking out ways to die because they are that desperately unhappy! I don't feel like they're being coerced into suicide. It's something they actively want and look for.

Maybe if they focussed on why that might be, they might be able to save a few more people. It just strikes me as lazy to assume a person is 'vulnerable' or weak minded and has been preyed upon by some evil poison seller or 'death cult.'

Even weirder- they'll sometimes report that the person had been suffering from depression and ideation for a long period yet their actual suicide came as a shock to everyone- like- seriously- why? Suicidal thoughts are quite a big red flag.

But hypothetically- if your suicide was reported on, would it irritate you (yes, I know it's probably not possible from beyond the grave but- the thought of it) for them to describe you as 'vulnerable' or 'targeted' or a 'victim' of some online manipulator? It would piss me off. If or when I suicide, it will be because I chose to do it. I researched my options, picked the best one and bought the stuff I needed. Simple as that. No one coerced me into it and I simply don't believe many people do get coerced into it.

Where I would perhaps agree is- someone in a very low mood is likely only to get those thoughts mirrored back somewhere like here. (I agree that it can be an echo chamber.) There isn't exactly coercion towards suicide but there isn't exactly much opposition towards it either.

That said- they (the normies and especially parents and people in authority) ought to be providing alternatives. If they are that worried about places like this and their possible negative influence, they ought to be focussing on providing something else. Safe spaces for people to be able to be open about how they feel but with effective support. If they really think they have the answers to all our problems, why aren't they providing this? So, as a secondary question- if this were available, would you try it do you think? Maybe I'll run a poll out of interest...

Reactions: Oeoe3, etherealspring, emoplugg and 5 others
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Far as I can remember I've never been considered vulnerable or had victim status placed on me before, so I can't really guess as to how I'd feel about it. I should look into that now that you mention it, probably caused some damage

Regardless I'd at least be annoyed if other people or this website were being blamed for a choice that was my own.

Reactions: Oeoe3, etherealspring, Manfrotto99 and 2 others
C

cosmicsoleil

Aug 19, 2024
For most of my life, I've been classed as vulnerable. I'm autistic and have a learning disability, and it honestly pisses me off lol. During my last suicide attempt in January this year, the police reported me to social services because im a "vulnerable adult". Makes me cringe honestly

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, Manfrotto99, Loona6546645 and 1 other person
awaitinglove

awaitinglove

lost in my head
Apr 30, 2023
no because I know I am but I wouldn't want that to be linked to my suicide. Yes, I'm vulnerable but maybe I just reached peak depression which is why I'm vulnerable. I rather have people talk about the history behind my vulnerability.

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, purple417 and Forever Sleep
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In the context of being a member of this site, then yes it's pretty annoying to be referred to as a vulnerable victim like a simple Internet forum can actually change my opinion. Just because they're too stupid to comprehend a differing opinion they think that everyone who doesn't agree with them has to have been brainwashed or influenced to have a different point of view. The only thing I am a victim of is the circumstances of reality as a whole as well as my own terrible actions.

Reactions: etherealspring, Loona6546645 and Forever Sleep
L

lostlove

Aug 20, 2024
i don't mind tbh. id be dead what would it matter at that point

Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep and pthnrdnojvsc
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
I think the labels just help people who aren't suicidal cope with it a little bit.
They can't imagine a "normal" person wanting to commit suicide because that means it could happen to them, it's denial.
Everyone is vulnerable, some can just hide it better than others.

Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep, emoplugg and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I'm not vulnerable. I would laugh at that label .

No one can change my mind in anything

For example I challenge anyone to tell me why I have to live , why I have to have children, why do I have to accept pain and suffering and problems and work? There is no reason.

Nothing matters except avoiding extreme pain. It's the only thing I want to do and no one can tell me I have to live or watch youtube or have children or work or watch news or do anything

Non-existence forever is the most beautiful thing by a trillion times. I reached that conclusion through my own rational thinking

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Oeoe3, etherealspring, Forever Sleep and 5 others
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
I think it goes hand in hand with not respecting people's wishes to die.

I.E. We won't allow them to die becuase there cleary not right in the head and vunreable.

It less so annoys me but understand the implications of this. Making people feel less like that they can open up to loved ones (in fear of sectioning and judgement) about their desires, which just drives sucide up more.

Reactions: Forever Sleep
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'd be so pissed because they like to irrationally claim that I'm vulnerable to some sort of death cult but simultaneously deny that I'm vulnerable to life itself. What makes me vulnerable is life as I don't have the energy to, nor do I want to, deal with the things in life that every human has to deal with. The only cure to this is death

• Love
Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep, sserafim and 1 other person
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
Millions of people commit slow suicide through their lifestyle and dietary choices, so the fact that someone who wants to check out faster is condemned by this society is insane. People need to stop being hypocrites and accept suicide as something normal. Sadly, it won't be happening in my lifetime. So to answer your question yes it would annoy me. But once I am dead I will not be here to care haha.

Reactions: etherealspring, Forever Sleep, sserafim and 1 other person
M

Manfrotto99

Experienced
Oct 10, 2023
I've always been classified as vulnerable just because I'm so small and alone, so it makes no difference

• Hugs
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wouldn't consider myself as "vulnerable". My decisions are clear and not influenced by anything else but personal feelings and decisions.

X

Xta4Love

Dec 25, 2021
Im labeled vurnerable and it is just the reality. I cannot live independently, Im in care. Given that fact, I can accept the label

• Hugs
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
These days anything which doesn't depress me annoys me.

• Love
Reactions: Oeoe3 and Forever Sleep