• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

temper

May 5, 2018
Would hanging myself with a belt be a viable way to die? I don't have rope and I don't think there's any other way for me to die, I don't have guns and neither do I have any access to drugs. I'm thinking about putting the belt around my neck and the other end over the door then closing it and sitting down.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 4 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Ropes aren't that difficult to buy, but I don't know where you live, so maybe things are different there. A belt might work, but the chances of it snapping because of your weight are high. You wouldn't want such thing to happen because stopping the asphyxiation midway might lead to unfortunate side effects.

Also, I tried it once with a belt and I found it rather painful.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
I would say it depends on the belt.
I've attempted the exact same method, but the metal lock mechanism ripped up the hole I secured the metal pin in.
I weight 150 lbs / 70 kg for the record, I'm not sure if the belt was made out of pure trash but it was quite worn out.
My conclusion: not reliable enough.
But other things than belts can be used with the closed door method, the door hinges will almost always support the weight.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
G

goingtodie2345

May 6, 2018
That is how Robbin Williams hung himself.

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
That is how Robbin Williams hung himself.
Not with a belt, it was with some gummy stretch thing if I remember correctly.
02.jpg

Reactions: therhydler, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
Amber1974

Amber1974

Student
Dec 9, 2018
No, the stretchy thing was Chris Cornell. Robin Williams did use a belt. Speaking of which, CC used an exercise band, thought u couldn't really use something stretchy to hang? Oh well where there's a will there's a way I guess

Reactions: sif, therhydler, End.of.the.line and 5 others
T

tevati

Student
Sep 25, 2018
No, the stretchy thing was Chris Cornell. Robin Williams did use a belt. Speaking of which, CC used an exercise band, thought u couldn't really use something stretchy to hang? Oh well where there's a will there's a way I guess
Dude, last responds is over half year ago

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and Kdawg2018
C

c-n

Dec 21, 2018
A rope will be much more comfortable.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
As long as it doesn't break or slip with your weight it should work.

Reactions: sif, Kill Me Now, therhydler and 4 others
R

Rsuicidal

Student
Dec 12, 2018
Would hanging myself with a belt be a viable way to die? I don't have rope and I don't think there's any other way for me to die, I don't have guns and neither do I have any access to drugs. I'm thinking about putting the belt around my neck and the other end over the door then closing it and sitting down.

Unreliable really, can break. I bought a tactical woven belt abd shut it in a door above the hinge and couldnt accomplish more than stars tinnitus and pressure too great to continue.
For me, it just doesnt work so I stopped planning partial myself

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
In real a belt is used for hanging very often. It is a usual way in a prison. Prisoners don't have any option to buy a rope. Usualy it is successful. I tried the leather belt and it was very solid. I think, the bigger probleme is partial. I can´t overcome my survival instinct. Now im thinking about complete hanging without any chance to escape. It is very sure.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
C

c-n

Dec 21, 2018
Of course belts are often used for hanging suicides in prisons. Full suspension hanging with a rope seems to me an good idea.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and therhydler