S

Sourdough

Sep 3, 2022
I have a 20 gauge shotgun with hollow point slugs. I know that they expand upon impact and have less penetration because of that but I'm wondering if they will penetrate the skull

Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
I probably wouldnt try that. The shell seems too small. Then again I dont know much about guns. Maybe its possible with slug shells.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
You're going to obviously be firing from close range. The shell should easily penetrate the skull. You could always fire into your mouth. If aim straight should sever the spinal cord without penetrating the skull, but that's instant death. Shotgun to any part of the head is statistically the best chance of successful ctb over all other methods with probability of success over 95 percent. Higher than all other firearms or attempts to other parts of the body. Having said that, I actually knew a guy who survived that type of blast initially. Eventually died after a couple years of hospital stays and surgeries. A lot of painful stuff!

B

b1cycle

Jun 9, 2024
20ga is .63 cal... It should have more muzzle energy than a lot of rifle cartridges. People use it to hunt bears. It will kill you, I hope you are sure you want to go if you do it. The people saying it's too weak dunno how powerful a shotgun slug is.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: QueerMelancholy, pthnrdnojvsc and DoubleUp8
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
You're going to obviously be firing from close range. The shell should easily penetrate the skull. You could always fire into your mouth. If aim straight should sever the spinal cord without penetrating the skull, but that's instant death. Shotgun to any part of the head is statistically the best chance of successful ctb over all other methods with probability of success over 95 percent. Higher than all other firearms or attempts to other parts of the body. Having said that, I actually knew a guy who survived that type of blast initially. Eventually died after a couple years of hospital stays and surgeries. A lot of painful stuff!
Do you know what angle he aimed from? Under his chin?

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I think he must've. I never really asked him that. His name was James Vance and it's a somewhat famous case. Him and another kid i never knew both did. The other kid died instantly and the parents/families sued the rock band "Judas Priest". Story is featured in vh1 documentary "Judas Priest, Behind the Music". They claimed subliminal messages in the music caused it. I did ask J about that. Everyone who knew him called him J. He told me a few different drugs the boys used that night along with a lot of alcohol and J said it really wouldn't have mattered what record was on the turntable. Parents sued "Judas Priest" cuz that's what was on the turntable when they were discovered. Judge in Reno dismissed the case after opening arguments citing 1st amendment. I think he must've fired from under chin cuz he literally blew his face off. He had a bunch of surgeries, skin grafts and eventually died from complications related to initial injury between 1-2 years.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Why from the outside of the skull? Why not just stick the barrel in your mouth and go out that way? Much more efficient.