pumpking56

pumpking56

Pumpking of kings
Jul 24, 2023
I'd like to know what you guys think of what happens after death, not in a religious point of view but more like an imaginative one...?

I've been wondering for the past few days if death might even be that bad, talking about the afterlife, if there's even one to begin with. I've been on a sh*t ton of psychiatric issues for the past 4 years (although I have hurt myself since I was a little kid, but didn't get help then).

These last few weeks I've been having these weird dreams where I just do dream stuff -like visiting places or idk) and I can always fly, sometimes phase through walls and even talk to "undead" creatures like vampires or ghosts ,obviously made up and with all that dreamy sprinkles like a vampire that has to give you a sweater and sing Backstreet Boys songs to turn you to immortality, weird sh*t, we all have those dreams-. So I started just sleeping more and more, maybe due to the meds or maybe because it's more fun than just feeling tired but being awake.

So, what if afterlife is just a reeeeally long dream, or an endless set of dreams, like when you sleep a lot?

Anyways, have you ever tried to sing "I want it that way" just to turn into a vampire?? Tell me why~

(Sorry for the long post, TLDR; what if afterlife is literally sleeping forever?)

Just to clarify, I'm not encouraging anyone to try and find out. Take care, everyone.

Reactions: Andrew10, Hunterer, sserafim and 1 other person
ADBoy777

ADBoy777

Student
May 16, 2024
I want to believe it goes that way, an endless adventure through magnificent dreams but if I'm being realistic there is nothing after life
even not a boring darkness, it's just nothing you don't feel anything nor see nor hear.

It's kinda pessimistic vision but it is what it is ig

Reactions: Linda, Andrew10, Moniker and 1 other person
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I would say that sounds good but I'm deprived of rest so it's biased.

Aren't 4/5 dreams nightmares? I made that statistic up but my memory tells me it's too high a percentage for me to want to dream forever. What's the point of worrying over the inescapable though.

M

MarkSmith73

Student
Apr 14, 2024
If you're looking for what really happens, here it is. Actually I don't think it gets much more imaginative. Life on earth is extremely hard and whether we go naturally or choose to go when we're ready there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: divinemistress36
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Personally, I feel like dreaming is still connected to the brain. Do you remember dreaming before you were born? Apparently, babies don't start to dream until age 2. That also suggests to me that it is something the brain learns to do as it develops. Rather than something independent of us. So- I feel it likely that when the brain dies, everything that it does also ends. (Hopefully anyway... I feel like any kind of after life is as risky as coming in to this one!)

That said, what troubles me is- as we are dying, what happens then? What if we have prolonged nightmares that feel like an after life and seem to go on forever? Still, maybe we won't be properly conscious.

Reactions: Andrew10, Moniker and Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

๐ŸŽต Be all, end all ๐ŸŽต
Apr 17, 2023
I want a better life than this one!

Reactions: Superdeterminist and Darkover
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, thatโ€™s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't think that anyone can fully comprehend non-existence

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36 and newave3
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

๐ŸŽต Be all, end all ๐ŸŽต
Apr 17, 2023
Reactions: Linda
qw3rty259

qw3rty259

๐•ญ๐–Ž๐–Œ ๐•ฑ๐–†๐–™ ๐•ท๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž ๐•ต๐–š๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–ž ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–ˆ๐–โœจ
Jun 19, 2023
Sleep is basically the nearest you can get to the state of death (without causing harm to yourself), because it's when your brain activity is at its lowest. But it isn't totally off, that's way you see dreams. You won't see any dreams when you are dead. If I'd had to compare it with something, i'd say It's rather like a deep sleep when you don't see any dreams, so it feels like you just skipped some amount of time when you wake up, except you don't wake up and it's just that constant time skip that you aren't aware of. But I think that you can't even imagine what it's like because it's nothing, there's nothing to imagine. Think about time before you where born. That is death.

Reactions: Linda, Andrew10 and divinemistress36
pumpking56

pumpking56

Pumpking of kings
Jul 24, 2023
Sleep is basically the nearest you can get to the state of death (without causing harm to yourself), because it's when your brain activity is at its lowest. But it isn't totally off, that's way you see dreams. You won't see any dreams when you are dead. If I'd had to compare it with something, i'd say It's rather like a deep sleep when you don't see any dreams, so it feels like you just skipped some amount of time when you wake up, except you don't wake up and it's just that constant time skip that you aren't aware of. But I think that you can't even imagine what it's like because it's nothing, there's nothing to imagine. Think about time before you where born. That is death.
Honestly, that's such a good way of explaining it and it really does seem logical. I was thinking of "dreaming" as in like when you sleep a few hours but it feels like an eternity and that's the eternity you feel in the last seconds you live. Going back to your point about it being the same as imagining time before being born is such a simple but effective way to describe it.

Edit: I accidentally posted this mid-typing lmao

Reactions: Linda
deleted442

deleted442

Getting closer
Jun 7, 2023
Lights out, all out. Since we are made up of chemical and electrical signals, once they cease to exist we cease to exist. This is just my opinion though. Nobody really knows.

Reactions: Linda and Tony24
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I want to believe it goes that way, an endless adventure through magnificent dreams but if I'm being realistic there is nothing after life
even not a boring darkness, it's just nothing you don't feel anything nor see nor hear.

It's kinda pessimistic vision but it is what it is ig
It does sound pessimistic, but i feel like it isn't really because when ur dead ur nothing so the idea of "pessimism" or negative thoughts in general don't exist. Its like complete non-judgement. Idk, death is impossible to visualize or conceptualize as a living being, since visualizing it would mean death *is* something. I feel like its best not to have any conceptualization or thought of what nothingness would be like, since the observer that would experience what it would be like, in death, does not exist. So its kinda pointless, unless you're religious or the idea of an afterlife or spiritual reincarnation is comforting.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I think we go to some other kind of dimension

Reactions: Edpal247
prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
Lately I've believed it's nothing. There is nothing but that means you're free of the thoughts. Mostly free of the regrets and the pain. That's what you're free of. That's what I always feel when I'm planning. I think of my kids but I know that when I'm gone there won't actually be any regret or pain or worry. My thoughts will simply cease to exist. The concern for anyone or anything will be gone. I won't have to worry about providing or answering or helping or fear or anything. I look forward to not experiencing joy or pain or anything. It won't even be like sleep it will just be nothing. That's what I look forward to. Since the pain of regret and self loathing is daily and there is no way to fix that without some stupid and lame set of cognitive theory I'm resigned to the idea that I will be better off not existing.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
If you're looking for what really happens, here it is. Actually I don't think it gets much more imaginative. Life on earth is extremely hard and whether we go naturally or choose to go when we're ready there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Do you think we came here to learn?

M

MarkSmith73

Student
Apr 14, 2024
Do you think we came here to learn?
Yeah absolutely. It's the ultimate learning experience to come here. We have to experience it to truly understand what it's like. All our souls are in different stages of development so some lifetimes are harder than others. But it's hard for me to fully understand sometimes why it's so hard here and personally I need a whole lot of things to cope. Depression is one of the hardest things but I guess to eventually experience true joy we have to experience true sorrow.

Reactions: divinemistress36
dweams

dweams

i feel tiredโ€ฆmaybe Iโ€™ll get wings
Feb 26, 2023

I've actually looked into the current research on near-death experiences, and it's all really fascinating. But in my opinion, I don't think this research is going to be enough to prove that there really is life after death. But hey, you never know.

M

MarkSmith73

Student
Apr 14, 2024
I've actually looked into the current research on near-death experiences, and it's all really fascinating. But in my opinion, I don't think this research is going to be enough to prove that there really is life after death. But hey, you never know.
It's hard to prove because the gulf between here and the other side is pretty much unbridgeable. Very very few people that visit the other side come back to tell about it. This lifetime is like being in a foxhole in a warzone without a radio.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't think that anyone can fully comprehend non-existence
Why not? I think that I fully comprehend non existence. I'm not sure if I do but I merely think that I do. I also think that @pthnrdnojvsc fully comprehends non existence too. Just because we aren't non existent doesn't mean we can't comprehend it

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc