a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
God there are so many times throughout the day where I wish I could have a candid conversation about wanting to kill myself with people who already know my story enough to have a good enough idea of why I want to. I wish the idea that life is precious and worth living for the sake of life itself wasnt so common, I feel like it both alienates the people who would benefit from having candid conversations about this and can be used as an excuse to not have as much empathy for people. Idk if any of this makes sense I just woke up. Idk, the only thing I have to look forward to any more is dying, the thought of it is the only thing that brings me any joy any more and I have to pretend like I'm not constantly thinking about it l the time

• Hugs
Reactions: xxpinkmoonglitterxx, DeadHead, Tulip<3 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's sad how suicide cannot be discussed openly despite the fact that suicide is something relieving, it's the personal choice to find true relief from suffering and it disgusts me how it isn't seen as an acceptable way to die even know we exist in such a harmful world where there is unlimited potential to suffer endlessly. Wanting to be permanently at peace is always a valid way to feel, I understand why you'd feel relieved at the thought of being free.

Reactions: a_carbon_based_life
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
I actually talked about this place with my best friend the other day, she's the most non-judgmental person. But she's only ever had passive suicidal thoughts. She knew I was in a bad place and suicidal the last few months but I told her that this is the only place we can openly talk without rules shutting us down etc. and that suicide isn't encouraged here, how it's actually really helped me.
But when I told her about goodbye threads, she seemed very unsettled by that. I get it, it shocked me at first but at the same time all we can do is wish people well and be there for them in their final moments. It's better than doing it completely alone right? Anyway at the end she said "suicide is never worth it". And I agree that in many many cases it's not the best option. But most of the time people do it when we see no other option. And I said when you are in extreme physical or emotional pain that has no chance of improvement, people should be able to choose to go. She agreed, but was worried about me being here. Had to reassure her a lot that people have only ever been good to me, and that I'm doing a bit better now. Promised her I won't hurt myself etc.

Sorry that was long. Just wanted to express I know how hard it is to talk about with people!

Reactions: a_carbon_based_life
a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
I actually talked about this place with my best friend the other day, she's the most non-judgmental person. But she's only ever had passive suicidal thoughts. She knew I was in a bad place and suicidal the last few months but I told her that this is the only place we can openly talk without rules shutting us down etc. and that suicide isn't encouraged here, how it's actually really helped me.
But when I told her about goodbye threads, she seemed very unsettled by that. I get it, it shocked me at first but at the same time all we can do is wish people well and be there for them in their final moments. It's better than doing it completely alone right? Anyway at the end she said "suicide is never worth it". And I agree that in many many cases it's not the best option. But most of the time people do it when we see no other option. And I said when you are in extreme physical or emotional pain that has no chance of improvement, people should be able to choose to go. She agreed, but was worried about me being here. Had to reassure her a lot that people have only ever been good to me, and that I'm doing a bit better now. Promised her I won't hurt myself etc.

Sorry that was long. Just wanted to express I know how hard it is to talk about with people!
I'm glad you have people who care about you and who you can be that open and honest around šŸ˜Š

• Love
Reactions: Tulip<3