Rabbit-

Rabbit-

šŸŽ¼ Achilles Come Down
May 5, 2023
I think one of the reasons I hesitate, despite over a decade of actively wanting to ctb, is because of my pets. I keep remembering that old pro-life argument about how your pets will think you've abandoned them/won't understand why you disappeared.

I almost hate to admit this, but there was a while where my family didn't have any animals because our previous ones had all passed due to age, and I was honestly upset when we started talking about adopting again. All I could think about was that it'd just be one more thing in the way of me disappearing. But it'd be really suspicious if I resisted getting more animals and I had no other excuse to avoid it, so... I've had a dog and cat for the last 2 years.

I love them so very dearly, just as I feared, even if I think they like me the least in the family. I really wish I had a way to communicate to them so they could understand. I don't care about saying goodbye to other humans as much since I can just leave a note- Though I don't really mind the idea of leaving without a note either- but with animals, it's harder.

• Hugs
Reactions: Valky
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But I guess that after all, we all have to disappear and lose everything someday no matter what, it's just inevitable, we are all destined for nowhere but death anyway. The way that you feel is understandable though, I wish you the best.

Rabbit-

Rabbit-

šŸŽ¼ Achilles Come Down
May 5, 2023
But I guess that after all, we all have to disappear and lose everything someday no matter what, it's just inevitable, we are all destined for nowhere but death anyway. The way that you feel is understandable though, I wish you the best.
That's true. They've still got a long life ahead of them as well, and I despise even the thought of still being around that long, so at some point I'll have to come to terms with it and stop letting it hold me back from doing what I think is best for me... I wish it was different, but it is what it is. I'm sure they'll be fine in the long run since my family will take care of them. Maybe I'll just treat them to an extra-special day as a goodbye, a lot of treats and fun so they have a really good memory with me to carry with them.