SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
So most of us here are in the northern hemisphere, the days are getting shorter, its getting colder. I always get some level of seasonal affective disorder I think. I think the whole population to some degree probably does, what with less vitamin D and all... Man it sucks how bad the weather is right now in the UK, only about 7 weeks until the solstice though, so about 14 weeks until the days will be longer than they are now. I guess a lot of people here are so low that it is a negligible difference, I'm really feeling it right now, being outdoors is really good for me. I enjoy sports outdoors, there is much less opportunity for that at the moment. Not really much point to this post. I was doing quite a lot of camping this summer, and camping was a time where I felt quite good. Nature really heals, I have a warm sleeping bag but its kinda soggy most the time and starting a fire can be difficult. Maybe I will give it a go this winter anyway, a lot of people really enjoy winter camping. I don't have it so bad.

• Love
Reactions: AlexM, mediocre and SinisterKid
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Wild camping is legal in Scotland and winter is a great time to be doing it. Been a whilst since I last did that.

Reactions: mediocre and SlackJim
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I can relate I absolutely hate the winter. I am most active in the summer and I hibernate the rest of the year. I just love the heat and the bright days lifts my mood a little. Sometimes I feel a bit bad about complaining when I see how cold it's gotten in the USA/Canada recently. Our weather is very mild in comparison. But they have more sunshine than we do.

Do you go camping on a camping ground or in the wild by yourself? I don't know how you can go camping when it's this cold, I'd die of hypothermia in like three minutes.

Pumpkin

Pumpkin

Nov 15, 2019
I'm not from the north, but it's already here for me. the coldness.