• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
Full suspension, I'm 55kg, will it hold me? Is full suspension painful?

Attachments

• RDT_20220630_153023574116466900673979.jpg
    RDT_20220630_153023574116466900673979.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • RDT_20220630_153026375679012234505423.jpg
    RDT_20220630_153026375679012234505423.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: adventurer, Solar1703, Worndown and 1 other person
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
The noose is a very important part of this method, but where you're gonna put it is even more important. To me, the noose, the knot and the rope looks quite fine, but where do you plan on using it?

Reactions: adventurer, TheDoomedDoomer and Mr. Incapable
P

przeciwwymiotne

Jun 27, 2022
Full suspension, I'm 55kg, will it hold me? Is full suspension painfuI
I'm thinking about suspending from an energy pole in a forest, it's pretty close to the main road, but covered by bushes

Reactions: TheDoomedDoomer
LivideLamb

LivideLamb

Jan 5, 2020
I'm thinking about suspending from an energy pole in a forest, it's pretty close to the main road, but covered by bushes
You really have to make sure that the rope is tied strong enough to the energy pole so that it will really hold you while being unconscious but also while you're thrashing around. I would say that by only trying, maybe hanging yourself by the hand or anything like that to really make sure that it will hold you through anything. Also, you really have to be careful to not get caught; even if the area is covered by bush. You could lose consciousness quite quickly, yet if someone finds you even thirty minutes after, they could potentially "save" you.

P

przeciwwymiotne

Jun 27, 2022

You really have to make sure that the rope is tied strong enough to the energy pole so that it will really hold you while being unconscious but also while you're thrashing around. I would say that by only trying, maybe hanging yourself by the hand or anything like that to really make sure that it will hold you through anything. Also, you really have to be careful to not get caught; even if the area is covered by bush. You could lose consciousness quite quickly, yet if someone finds you even thirty minutes after, they could potentially "save" you.
Will I make any noises? And what is thrashing?
How do I tie the noose to the pole? Is there a specific knot?

LivideLamb

LivideLamb

Jan 5, 2020
I can't say for sure if you will make some noise or no, it really depends on the body, on the person, etc. "Thrashing", even when uncounscious your body will definetely freak out, and your arms and legs will move around, violently or not, you can't really have control on those movement (you'll probably be uncounscious) but those movements could happen.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
partial suspension?
Based on many posts here, partila fails mnost of the time. SOme people here have failed from 15 to 25 times with partial. Partial appears to work less than 5% of the time, full works over 99% if not interrupted and pulled down, if what you are tied to holds.

Reactions: DarkEaterMidir and stormed lucky
S

stormed lucky

Mar 10, 2020
ty for that,wasnt aware but now makes sense, do you have any idea where to put the knot? i believe its to the not so much side of the neck but closer in comparrison

BasqueClown

BasqueClown

Zirkua ata heriotza
Jun 9, 2022
I recommend to try more deep in the forest, in case if someone find your body in death process.
You need at least 10 minutes to achieve brain death (cease all brain activity), and 20 up to 30 minutes to secure full death.
That rope seems good.

Reactions: Someone123
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
Based on many posts here, partila fails mnost of the time. SOme people here have failed from 15 to 25 times with partial. Partial appears to work less than 5% of the time, full works over 99% if not interrupted and pulled down, if what you are tied to holds.
Based off of past research studies I've found regarding hanging suicides is partial and full suspension are almost equal in complete suicides - generally - although some figures vary depending on the country. The major difference is partial hanging has far more failed attempts because it's a controlled method where the attemptee is able to back out

Reactions: Life_and_Death
S

stormed lucky

Mar 10, 2020
i remember looking up how to tie a hangmans noose. it stated something on the lines of how many times you wrap the rope around the noose should be an odd number of times, eg, 7 or 9

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
ty for that,wasnt aware but now makes sense, do you have any idea where to put the knot? i believe its to the not so much side of the neck but closer in comparrison
I'm not sure of the details, you would need to search by full suspension, but if you are not interrupted in won't matter inj the end result. Some ways may help you pass out faster, but since this is a backup plan for me (to Sn) I don't have every detail planned. Recovery may be an option for mt as well, not sure.

S

stormed lucky

Mar 10, 2020
I'm not sure of the details, you would need to search by full suspension, but if you are not interrupted in won't matter inj the end result. Some ways may help you pass out faster, but since this is a backup plan for me (to Sn) I don't have every detail planned. Recovery may be an option for mt as well, not sure.
i dont want to trigger you or halt anything in your mind. do what you think is best x

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Based off of past research studies I've found regarding hanging suicides is partial and full suspension are almost equal in complete suicides - generally - although some figures vary depending on the country. The major difference is partial hanging has far more failed attempts because it's a controlled method where the attemptee is able to back out
I'd need t osee those researach studies, something seems off. I do think that full suspension is so much more efffective that it would be pretty shjocking if deaths from patial were even close.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
i remember looking up how to tie a hangmans noose. it stated something on the lines of how many times you wrap the rope around the noose should be an odd number of times, eg, 7 or 9
The hangman's noose is desgined for whne a person is being hung by a hangman- in every words, long drop- where the floor fallls out. A slipknot is supposed to work better than a hangman's noose for sahort drop, which is another name for full suspension, since it tightens more easily.

• Love
Reactions: stormed lucky
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
sounds exactly like me. hanging was my back up to sn but rope is a lot easier to acquire. and recovery might be an option for me as well, physically i could probably do it but it doesnt feel worth it

• Love
Reactions: stormed lucky
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
I'd need t osee those researach studies, something seems off. I do think that full suspension is so much more efffective that it would be pretty shjocking if deaths from patial were even close.
Here's a couple I could quickly find online that show statistics for partial vs full suspension.

Study from England, U.K (2005)
"Around 50% of hanging suicides are not fully suspended—ligature points below head level are commonly used."
https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/34/2/433/747066

Study from Thailand (2017)
"Complete hanging was seen in 40 cases (16.4%)—30 men and 10 women—and partial (incomplete) hanging in 204 cases (83.6%)—167 men and 37 women."
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1179555717692545

Study from Libya, Egypt (2020)
"In suicidal hanging, partial hanging was found in 44.4% of cases and complete hanging in 55.6% of cases"
https://zjfm.journals.ekb.eg/article_67608_730cf031241a347abc8aa24613591cb8.pdf

Study from Cambridge Uni, U.K (2018)
"In only half the cases (52%) were victims fully suspended with both feet off the ground."
https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...s-in-england/A4ACF56EC1F355A7304084009A7FB39F

______

India seems to be an exception where full suspension is seemingly more common—

Study from India (2019)
"..total number of hanging cases were 147 and partial hanging cases were 15 in number."
https://rfppl.co.in/subscription/upload_pdf/Rajesh Ban Goswami 11_9142.pdf

but this attempted suicide study favoured partial, so..

Another Study from India (2016) - Study of attempted hangings only
"Partial hanging was present in 68% and complete hanging in 32%."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5451605/

_____
I agree with you, full suspension will always be more effective because you lose your control to back out. It's like jumping off a building. No going back.. but research shows both partial and full seem equally performed in successful suicides

Dreamsindarkness

Dreamsindarkness

Jul 6, 2022
Full suspension, I'm 55kg, will it hold me? Is full suspension painful?
I'm sure it will work, but just a heads up. I've been doing a lot of research recently and most people tend to favor a slip knot over a hangman knot. Something to look into. If you go that route make sure you test it though, my first one was wrong somehow and started coming loose once body weight was sapplyed. I'm pretty sure that was my fault though. Either way, if you tie the short end of the slipknot rope into another knot, it stops it from slipping the wrong way for sure. Sorry if that was confusing, I'm sure your knot will work just fine

M

Musketeer

Student
Jan 24, 2020
Full suspension you want to use a slip knot a noose is good at breaking the neck, however it may not apply the amount of pressure you need. I will be doing suspension hanging myself, i will be using a slip knot.

Reactions: Circeoptimus
R

ropegirl

Aug 20, 2022
Personally speaking, I find the whole issue of hanging so confusing. I've read reports that say partial hanging is better than full hanging and then I've read reports that say full hanging is better than partial hanging. I've read reports that say the left side of the neck is better for the knot as well as reports saying the right side of the neck is better. I've also read reports saying the front of the neck is better as well as reports saying the back of the neck is better for the knot. Honestly, if you weren't suicidal before you certainly will be after trying to work this one out:pfff:

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Sick of it all