I

ItsBeenFrem

Oct 20, 2024
What the title said. If I fail, lets say the rope will give up or the thing I tie my rope to and I survive without turning into vegetable or just being hurt a lot, will there be any signs? Im scared that something will give out that I tried to CTB but hanging is the only way I want to do this

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05
M19R

M19R

Aug 12, 2024
Likely brusing to the neck at minimum, and maybe some other injuries if you fell wrong or from particularly high up

Upvote 0
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Welcome to the site.

A few important points: (1) hanging should never be attempted unless you are absolutely certain it's what you want and there is absolutely no rush whatsoever. Make sure you are certain; it's not something to take lightly, as the consequences will very likely be fatal; you can't undo that; and (2) in response to your question about potential signs, assuming you're not left in a vegetative state or severely injured, then you might expect to see bruising, rope burns, redness, irritation in the area, and possibly bleeding depending on the severity. At the very least, bruising is likely. However, it's crucial not to approach a hanging situation with the mindset that "it will probably fail." If the rope is strong and the anchor point holds, full suspension is very likely unless someone intervenes and 'rescues' the person. But I think the evaluation of the risks of if you are 'rescued' or something goes wrong after a period of time when you DO suffer long-term injury is still worthwhile to consider if you are researching this method. A factor for your pro/cons list.

These posts may be helpful [1][2][3][4] to help with your research as well, as would the Hanging MegaThread.

I hope you find everything you are looking for, and hope you get whatever peace & serenity you seek.

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and CatLvr
Upvote 0
Eole2.0

Eole2.0

Till I die
Aug 27, 2024
Hanging causes crushing of organs in the neck (trachea artery and larynx) This causes a complete obstruction of the upper airways, thus preventing air from entering the lungs and secondarily preventing oxygenation of vital organs of the human body (brain, heart, kidney etc.). The different position of the cord and that of the nodes leads to cerebral ischemia by stopping vascularisation of the brain either on one side or both sides by compression of the carotid artery, artery moving along the neck, on the sides.that the tightening on the neck also blocks the passage of venous blood and therefore the return of venous circulation causing an accumulation of fluid inside the brain (cerebral edema) and the purplish colour of the face of the hangers.The patient is nevertheless recoverable when the hanging is not total, that is to say, when the striction of the rope on the neck is not sufficient to stop completely the passage of blood through the brain. In this case the patient is recoverable but usually comatose

Upvote 0