spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
i choose to hang myself. my partner is supportive of my choice to ctb, and i want to be with him in my last moments, possibly holding hands. if i hang myself in his house while he's there, will he get in trouble with the law? also what should he do with my body to not get in trouble with the law?
it would take place in virginia state. i do have very suicidal thoughts written down in my text message history and my journal as evidence that its suicide and my own choice.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: badtothebone, ijustwishtodie, UniqueWorm and 2 others
lucmucpuc

lucmucpuc

student
Sep 11, 2024
he could just act like he found you dead.
call the ambulance/police after you die and tell them he found you and that you did it while he wasnt there.

Reactions: badtothebone, Tonkpils, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
he could just act like he found you dead.
call the ambulance/police after you die and tell them he found you and that you did it while he wasnt there.
he lives in an apartment, i'm worried if they check the cameras his words will go against the footage and cause suspicion

• Hugs
Reactions: badtothebone, davidtorez and Worndown
lucmucpuc

lucmucpuc

student
Sep 11, 2024
he lives in an apartment, i'm worried if they check the cameras his words will go against the footage and cause suspicion
he could say he was in the shower or sleeping. there are plenty of cases where people decided to hang themselves while someone was in the house and succeeded
or maybe he could go outside for like half an hour after you do it and come back, that way the camera footage would align with story as well

Reactions: badtothebone, Tonkpils and davidtorez
F

finalincarnate

Sep 13, 2024
Do it outdoors in a camping tent. This will kick cameras out of equation. (But will take away possibility of calling ambulance)

Reactions: badtothebone and davidtorez
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If he is "taking a shower" at that time, he has plausible deniability.
He can start the shower, be with you and after you pass out, get in the shower.
By the time he gets out and calls EMS, you will be properly on your journey.
He just left you alone for a little while...

Reactions: badtothebone, Tonkpils, pleaseiwanttogo and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
  • Yay!
Reactions: absolutelyyou, badtothebone, LifeQuitter and 2 others
I

ihateearth

Student
Apr 1, 2024
i choose to hang myself. my partner is supportive of my choice to ctb, and i want to be with him in my last moments, possibly holding hands. if i hang myself in his house while he's there, will he get in trouble with the law? also what should he do with my body to not get in trouble with the law?
it would take place in virginia state. i do have very suicidal thoughts written down in my text message history and my journal as evidence that its suicide and my own choice.
Think like a police officer/detective and not like a regular person. You need to research how long it takes for someone to fully die from hanging themselves versus how long it takes for someone to typically shower. His Finger prints and DNA in the area and on your body is a shut and closed case. Did you even consider DNA?

Do you have text messages and other written communications that show he is supportive of you dying and knows your plans? Phone records can be reviewed even if you delete texts.

What sounds would a hanging person make? Can they be easily heard by someone in another room? Would your family question how he "didn't know" and demand deeper investigation? Sometimes people caught in the act of hanging don't fully die so if he takes a shower how long should it be for you to fully die without looking like a suspiciously long shower?

Negligent homicide, involuntary manslaughter, and other serious charges can be brought against him if it is documented or proven that he knew what your plans were and did not stop you or attempt to stop you. This is serious and considered felony murder. His life will be over.

It might be better for him to go to sleep while you do this late at night. He should not touch your body..DNA EVIDENCE IS GOLD. Quite frankly it sounds childish to think the excuse of him taking a shower could work. Research this more before you get into a world of trouble and expensive lawyers. Don't do it. It sounds very immature and dangerous.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ariii, sweetcreep, pinkblur and 7 others
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I think it's special how your partner is supportive of your wishes. Unfortunately, there are cases of people who support their partners being criminally prosecuted. I would be very careful.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ariii, badtothebone, ijustwishtodie and 3 others
Wolf Girl

Wolf Girl

Not looking for advice or a pep talk
Jun 12, 2024
Be very, very careful. Your time of death needs to line up with his story. They will know how long you were hanging.

Reactions: badtothebone and davidtorez
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I'm no legal expert but if the investigating authorities trace that your husband could have prevented your death then he might face some huge legal consequences. Assisted suicide is a huge deal in many states and it's risky for him to be involved.

Reactions: badtothebone
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Legal repercussion aside, which is high and isn't even taking a risk over, why would you or your partner choose to watch you hang yourself? Have you looked at videos of what hanging looks like? It's quite brutal to watch a stranger let alone someone you love. Being supportive of your decision is one thing but why would you want their last memory of you be THAT?

Reactions: badtothebone and Reflection
nolongerhumannn

nolongerhumannn

lain / conny
Sep 12, 2024
unforttunately, the police would most likely think that he influenced/forced you to ctb so yeah,hed most likely get in trouble

Reactions: badtothebone and ijustwishtodie
X

xandermax

Aug 25, 2024
This seems quite fraught. If there's evidence on phone messages of a partner not trying to talk you out of it, your family will likely push for criminal charges.

Reactions: ihateearth and badtothebone
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
It must be very hard for your partner to hold your hand when you die by hanging, maybe you should overthink your plan for his sake.

Reactions: badtothebone and Tonkpils
Next

Next

Jul 13, 2023
No matter what country you live in, there will be a police investigation after a suicide. Your friend will then have to deal with professionals and modern forensics. The probability that he will give himself away is very high. If he is convicted, the minimum option is murder second degree always with a significant prison sentence and a ruined life. The only way to get around this is for him to go with you and both avoid prosecution.

But there are also ways to conceal the events of the crime and thus create a better alibi. However, if this is used and it is discovered, it will make the verdict worse, possibly murder.
Send me a PM for more info.

Reactions: ihateearth, Gustav Hartmann and badtothebone
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
The short answer is yes, there's a possibility that he is implicated in your death. He can tell them a story but the simple fact is he could get into serious legal trouble.
No judgement & I hope you find a place of peace & love🌹💔

Reactions: badtothebone
B

badtothebone

Experienced
Aug 20, 2024
Anyone with you even online will be questioned and convicted for assisting. Despite everyone's different believes , isn't trauma when someone is dying why he wants to be traumatized. Dying by suicide is painful to watch can you imagine if it's your loved ones and by hanging!?! I don't encourage that type of decision. I'm sorry life brought you to this final term.

M

mrtime87

Experienced
Jul 9, 2024
Yes he would go to jail because he did not attempt to stop it.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
I think everyone here has commented sufficiently that you should carefully plan this so as not to get him in trouble..

But I just want to say how amazing it is that he knows about it and supports you. He must truly unselfishly love you to let you go. That just lights up my heart. I wish I had someone like that.

C

chasingsarcasm

Aug 31, 2024
hanging is a very rough way to go, its hard to watch someone go through. look up laws in your region but there will be an investigation and your partner will be questioned. it would be better for him if you did this alone unless he wants to ctb with you.

Reactions: Gustav Hartmann