D

Different

dead inside.
Apr 14, 2023
So I'm sitted in class right now and there's this girl sitting in front of me. I look closer and notice she's wearing two elastic bands. After a few minutes she starts snapping her wrist with one of the bands. And all of a sudden my breathing is heavy and I'm shaking, mind you I'm recovering from self harm. Will this ever stop or it's like everytime someone does it I'll get anxious? Will I heal? How do you get through such trigger moments? Please help I'm literally shaking and it's visible.

• Hugs
Reactions: exitingtothevoid and GuessWhosBack
amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
What would happen if you put some rubber bands on your arms and snapped them when you got triggered? Would that help?

amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
That's the idea. They say it helps you break the habit because it sort of reminds you of it without actually harming yourself. You can snap rubber bands against your skin for as long as you want. (People might think you're weird but who cares.)

kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
Anyone who ever said that recovery is easy is full of shit. It's a process; I didn't get to the point of needing recovery overnight, so recovery won't come any quicker. The suck part about it is that every and any thing can be a trigger. Plus, running from feelings isn't an option, because we've already learned that it can't be done.

Life hurts, sometimes, and in order to recover from anything, we have to walk through it and feel those hard moments. Even when it feels o.k., that's it's own process after a lifetime of eating shit sandwiches, because we've taught ourselves that we're one step away from falling into the latrine.

Reactions: atdusk
D

Different

dead inside.
Apr 14, 2023
Anyone who ever said that recovery is easy is full of shit. It's a process; I didn't get to the point of needing recovery overnight, so recovery won't come any quicker. The suck part about it is that every and any thing can be a trigger. Plus, running from feelings isn't an option, because we've already learned that it can't be done.

Life hurts, sometimes, and in order to recover from anything, we have to walk through it and feel those hard moments. Even when it feels o.k., that's it's own process after a lifetime of eating shit sandwiches, because we've taught ourselves that we're one step away from falling into the latrine.
Thank you
Oh
That's the idea. They say it helps you break the habit because it sort of reminds you of it without actually harming yourself. You can snap rubber bands against your skin for as long as you want. (People might think you're weird but who cares.)
Okay I thought it would prevent me from breaking the habit if I continued using rubber bands but thanks